• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Right there, you have convinced me that we have supporters who see no further than the end of the match. Take a look, and I mean a LONG look, at what is going at Tottenham Hotspur FC. Off the pitch, on it, all of it. If you genuinely cannot see what is taking place, then maybe you are right and we have no business discussing things.

Really? I get what the club is doing, Training ground, stadium, youth investment, NFL, etc ...

What I don't get, and you can keep the condescending tone

- What difference if any to our season/future/anything would have playing Lloris/Toby/Son from the start of that game made, other than giving us a better chance at winning the game
- How the fudge is it now small time to want to beat the Scum? small time to me is not taking opportunities when they are put in front of you, the game was there for us to win if coach put a priority on it.

Last time mate .. super clear

- Poch made a calculated gamble and FAILED .. he fudged it up (and yes, if he pulled it off, he could be praised, but he didn't, and it wasn't luck that Vorm/Fazio makes mistakes, it is the players they are)
- Many fans (even if not all) don't like us putting out a weakened side at home to the Scum in a cup game

I'm not sure how either of those two things has any effect on our road to greater achievements if I'm honest and I think Poch is fully aware what it means to fans

But that's the point, there was so little downside to playing a better side last night, and so much risk to do what he did ...

And when you make a risk/priority call in life, and you get it wrong, you answer for it.

For me personally (and you and steff and whoever can be different), he lost a lot of faith/goodwill/trust, because I know there will be tough times ahead, bad days, days against teams that simply outclass us, so when I (as a fan) get a cup night against the side we have all grown up hating, I hope that we actually take every chance we have to win that ...

At the end of the day we have one less chance of winning a trophy this season, and the main reason is we sent out a reserve side because we were saving players for the Prem game on Sat. The chances of us finishing in the top four is small and a lot less then we would have in winning the League cup, but never mind we at least tried.

Answers within post below in bold...

Really? I get what the club is doing, Training ground, stadium, youth investment, NFL, etc ...

What I don't get, and you can keep the condescending tone

Frankly it was nothing of the sort. For course, if you took it as such, fine. Won't even bother defending it, just know that if I ask more questions in response to your ongoing negativity, then it 'could' appear similar. Your obsession with the match last night, and your general onslaught of negativity, had me wondering if you really HAD noticed what was going on? Because (and I think any reasonable person would agree) if you did, then perhaps you would have allowed yourself a wider post-match perspective instead of going 'all-in'.

- What difference if any to our season/future/anything would have playing Lloris/Toby/Son from the start of that game made, other than giving us a better chance at winning the game

Alderweireld has played every minute of every game. Lloris, agreed but we have to give Vorm match-time (even though I do not feel he is up to it and shudder whenever I see him). Son? Yes, perhaps use Townsend as an impact sub, but the manager made a choice.

- How the fudge is it now small time to want to beat the Scum? small time to me is not taking opportunities when they are put in front of you, the game was there for us to win if coach put a priority on it.

(sigh) You're spinning things to suit your agenda. No-one said it was 'small-time' to want to beat the filth, what IS undeniably small-time, is the toys out of pram throwing tantrums that have occurred in the wake of a very tight and very unlucky defeat. THAT is an embarrassment for me personally.

Last time mate .. super clear

- Poch made a calculated gamble and FAILED .. he fudgeed it up (and yes, if he pulled it off, he could be praised, but he didn't, and it wasn't luck that Vorm/Fazio makes mistakes, it is the players they are)
- Many fans (even if not all) don't like us putting out a weakened side at home to the Scum in a cup game

Thanks for being 'super clear', I see you also believe in asserting yourself linguistically (I won't take it as condescending!)...I disagree wholeheartedly and nothing you or any other like-minded folk can say, will change my mind. I find the overreaction deeply embarrassing. I hate them, but I love us more.

Right there, you have convinced me that we have supporters who see no further than the end of the match. Take a look, and I mean a LONG look, at what is going at Tottenham Hotspur FC. Off the pitch, on it, all of it. If you genuinely cannot see what is taking place, then maybe you are right and we have no business discussing things.

I am completely in the same lane as you in respect to the bigger picture at Spurs (and i can not believe some people don't see it). In context of actually being able to get somewhere, achieve something (eventually) it is the only path worth taking given the unlevel playing field we have to operate in.

Regarding the reaction to last night. It hurts and i do think Poch misjudged what the NLD means to us faithful. I think we're only talking 2ish selections that (lets be honest) everyone to a man let out a puff of the cheeks and a shake of the head when revealed.

A couple of selections are quite hard to fathom and i do think he had other options while still keeping an eye on City at the weekend. Surely Toby or Verts could have partnered Wimmer (who does look solid), then come Saturday Dier could be considered at CB if needed especially if Mason,Benta,Demb are back fit to cover CM. Son is on form, he should have started instead of Chadli. Vorm is a good keeper (not great) and not bothered by him playing. Its just the Fazio thing really.....it felt like a car crash.

The game was close and neither team bossed it or looked fluent, which in the grand scheme of things is a slight on Arsenal, their reserves/youth all used to play the passy passy game and easily dominate. That characteristic (even for their 1st X1) looks a bit dead in the water now. They appear to have given up on youth.

It was a game of small margins and maybe Fazio and Gibbs head is all that flipped it there way (i mean 2 goals for Flamini....c'mon)

But that's the point, there was so little downside to playing a better side last night, and so much risk to do what he did ...

And when you make a risk/priority call in life, and you get it wrong, you answer for it.

For me personally (and you and steff and whoever can be different), he lost a lot of faith/goodwill/trust, because I know there will be tough times ahead, bad days, days against teams that simply outclass us, so when I (as a fan) get a cup night against the side we have all grown up hating, I hope that we actually take every chance we have to win that ...

Just to be clear (and apologies if I am misreading your sentiment) he did not lose ANY faith/goodwill or trust from me. I think Poch is the real deal. More real than any we have had in a long long time. Selfless and prepared to do dirty work to find the solid gold foundation. One unlucky defeat between two second-string set-ups is not going to derail. I have more fibre than that mate.

Just to be clear (and apologies if I am misreading your sentiment) he did not lose ANY faith/goodwill or trust from me. I think Poch is the real deal. More real than any we have had in a long long time. Selfless and prepared to do dirty work to find the solid gold foundation. One unlucky defeat between two second-string set-ups is not going to derail. I have more fibre than that mate.

He's not the Messiah, steff. He's a very naughty boy. :p

I disagree. As I said before, if he had won the game with the side he put out everyone would be over the moon. If he'd won it with a strong side everyone would be happy. We lost it with a weak side, about 50% people are tinkled off. If we'd lost it with a strong side, everyone would be tinkled off.

Based on the assumption before the game (which was right) that Arsenal would also play a weakened team then thr least risky option is to do that too, providing you feel your team has enough to win, which Poch obviously did.

This, patience/goodwill is earned, he fudgeed up last night .. I'm actually amazed at personally how much that game/selection/result has affected my desire to see Poch manage the club.

We all accept we have limitations and "success" while building the new stadium, hence moments like last night matter even more, and Poch completely missed the boat last night.
Boy am I glad you're not the chairman. One match and the manager out! Sheesh

If all we're about as a club is beating the scum at the expense of everything else, then I'm really worried about the ambitions of this club. The way you stick it to your rivals is by winning titles, not by beating them twice or three times a season and still end up finishing below them.

If all we're about as a club is beating the scum at the expense of everything else, then I'm really worried about the ambitions of this club. The way you stick it to your rivals is by winning titles, not by beating them twice or three times a season and still end up finishing below them.

then what is losing twice or three times to them and still finishing below them?
the cup game had fudging zero to do with the ambitions (maybe lack of) of this club.

Seriously, Poch just took a badly calculated risk (for very little upside) and fudged up .. no more, no less. Painting it as some grand strategy to get us 4th is just flimflam, reaching, and not really a debate.
He felt he could get away with resting a few, giving a run out to a few (not even going to go into opinions again on the choices), didn't give a brick it was the Scum and it didn't pay off, bad call .. simple

Some fans (yes, some) are tinkled off, and rightly so ..

Don't fudging get why when something as clear cut as a decision to play a weakened side against the Scum gets criticized, people want to play it up as some grand vision/strategy/plan, no, not a fudging plan, just a bad game day decision.

And Poch wears it ...

Boy am I glad you're not the chairman. One match and the manager out! Sheesh

I didn't say I would fire him, just don't see him as anything more than (another) interim solution.

Just the same as fans who didn't like Harry/TS for how they represented the club. If as our manager, you couldn't give a brick about a home game in a cup against the Scum, not sure I care about you having any long term future here (since I can't say I'm wowed by his brand of football most days anyway).

And, yes, its probably harsh and I'm still aggravated 24 hours on, just another false dawn

Poch is not the messiah, neither is Rodgers, Martinez, insert flavor of the month here ...

I didn't say I would fire him, just don't see him as anything more than (another) interim solution.

Just the same as fans who didn't like Harry/TS for how they represented the club. If as our manager, you couldn't give a **** about a home game in a cup against the Scum, not sure I care about you having any long term future here (since I can't say I'm wowed by his brand of football most days anyway).

And, yes, its probably harsh and I'm still aggravated 24 hours on, just another false dawn

Poch is not the messiah, neither is Rodgers, Martinez, insert flavor of the month here ...

New lows here mate. Unbelievable. And you wonder why some people are jumping on you and your criticisms...

It's yet another example of the instant gratification phalanx who just don't fudging get it.. Raziel is surely on a massive wind up and nothing more?

fudging sticking it to our rivals. I couldnt care less what Arsenal or Chelsea fans think of our club.
Its about the people who tuned up on Wednesday looking forward to a North London Derby in a Cup game. A huge occasion.
And then finding out we were putting out a weaker back 5 than at carrier bag.
The club is about the fans nothing more.

It's yet another example of the instant gratification phalanx who just don't fudgeing get it.. Raziel is surely on a massive wind up and nothing more?

Instant gratification? It was a game against Arsenal. He's not complaining we arent competing for the title. He's not moaning about no 40m signings.
The reality is we wont be doing anything in the league anytime soon. The City game isn't that important. Wednesday's was.

What did you expect when we signed a relatively inexperirenced coach in poch? He will make mistakes. Question for me is how much better will he get when the new stadium opens and our revenue base grows. Dont think i want a change in coach til then.

Instant gratification? It was a game against Ar5ena1. He's not complaining we arent competing for the title. He's not moaning about no 40m signings.
The reality is we wont be doing anything in the league anytime soon. The City game isn't that important. Wednesday's was.

WTF? How is the game against City unimportant? If we defeat them this season takes a massive swing in our favour.. Who knows where it could take us.

Imagine the belief it will instill in the squad if we turn them over? .. I get that losing to Arsenal sucks, but let's move on and focus on the next game. I guarantee that's what the coach and squad will be doing.

A victory against City on Saturday could be season defining. Make no mistake.

Back