• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

A questions to the persistent whingers: if we win against City at the weekend, will you carry on bitching and moaning about our unfortunate narrow cup defeat? If the answer is yes then you need to have a real think about the reasons you're interested in football and Tottenham Hotspur FC.

If you are more focused on the bitter defeats than the glorious victories, prospective or otherwise, well that's truly a terrible shame.

A questions to the persistent whingers: if we win against City at the weekend, will you carry on bitching and moaning about our unfortunate narrow cup defeat? If the answer is yes then you need to have a real think about the reasons you're interested in football and Tottenham Hotspur FC.

If you are more focused on the bitter defeats than the glorious victories, prospective or otherwise, well that's truly a terrible shame.

Imagine what it's going to be like if we lose!

Glorious victories???? Have we beaten city already then? What was the score?

People have the right to express their displeasure with a performance or team selection or even result if they so wish. Instead of attacking them for holding those views why not express why you are happy with said performance team selection or result.

I hold no strong views on the derby.... except it was a derby and pouch may have underestimated the importance of it, especially considering that a lot of people will not hold much hope of achievements such as top four or a cup this season, as the focus (as we keep on being reminded) is the future, and a young team being moulded together. So this could have potentially been a bright spot...... what i dont get though is this:

If Lloris and verts, need a rest..... and i understand the arguments saying they do (maybe dont agree, but do understand) ........ what about Kane? Why wasnt he rested. I thought we were supposed to have alternatives.... and anyone who thought we didnt were labeled footballing cavemen?

Were we resting players that need it, or weren't we?

Are we ridiculously short up top or are we not?

I've gone into my reasoning many times in this thread and I won't do it again.

And before you get too carried away, I clearly said prospective victory..

Further I have no issue with fans expressing displeasure with a performance, but the vitriolic, melodramatic hyperbole that has been spewed around here the last few days has been nothing short of disgusting.

I've gone into my reasoning many times in this thread and I won't do it again.

And before you get too carried away, I clearly said prospective victory..

Further I have no issue with fans expressing displeasure with a performance, but the vitriolic, melodramatic hyperbole that has been spewed around here the last few days has been nothing short of disgusting.

but I want a pony, wah wah wah

I think those fans who weren't overly bothered about going out of the League Cup or losing to our fiercest rivals are disgusting personally.

Jesus fudging christ. I have never once said I wasn't bothered by losing, it's fudging bricky, it hurts and it sucks but there's absolutely no point dwelling on it for days on end.. We need to look forward positively, we have a lot to be optimistic about.

I also don't think there's some giant conspiracy in place whereby Poch wanted us to lose and threw the game somehow, I also don't buy that he doesn't understand the importance of derbies, it's a complete and utter nonsense.

If all we're about as a club is beating the scum at the expense of everything else, then I'm really worried about the ambitions of this club. The way you stick it to your rivals is by winning titles, not by beating them twice or three times a season and still end up finishing below them.

Not all of us are tinkled off because its the Arse we played, some are tinkled off that we (once again) fielded a weaker side in a cup competition that we could have won. If it means losing to the Arse in the two Prem games but ending the season with a trophy I would be happy with that.

I have to pull you up on the bolded bit, I have supported Spurs for over 50 years home and away so I have a right to bitch about putting out a reserve side in a trophy we could win. It makes no difference to how I feel if we win or not against City and I take offense if you are TRYING to suggest that I need to change my reasons for supporting Spurs.

I am hoping that you badly worded your post and did not mean to cause any offense, however if you feel that I am not a proper supporter - (because that sounds like what you are saying and if I am wrong I apoligise) then you can go screw yourself.

Never said anything about being a proper supporter, just tried encouraging the incessantly negative posters to think about what enjoyment, if any, they get out of following football.

I recently had a toss, so I might screw myself later if that's ok.

Never said anything about being a proper supporter, just tried encouraging the incessantly negative posters to think about what enjoyment, if any, they get out of following football.

I recently had a toss, so I might screw myself later if that's ok.

So it was badly worded.

I have to pull you up on the bolded bit, I have supported Spurs for over 50 years home and away so I have a right to bitch about putting out a reserve side in a trophy we could win. It makes no difference to how I feel if we win or not against City and I take offense if you are TRYING to suggest that I need to change my reasons for supporting Spurs.

I am hoping that you badly worded your post and did not mean to cause any offense, however if you feel that I am not a proper supporter - (because that sounds like what you are saying and if I am wrong I apoligise) then you can go screw yourself.

you have no right to b!tch about anything....the law is to be happy clappy about everything regarding Spurs, Levy is GHod, Poch is the messiah.......... Now feck orf and go support Barnet instead:)

you have no right to b!tch about anything....the law is to be happy clappy about everything regarding Spurs, Levy is GHod, Poch is the messiah.......... Now feck orf and go support Barnet instead:)

It would seem that way to some and I can understand why in most cases, its the accusation that some suggest i may have to re-adjust my thoughts as to why I support Spurs which tinkled me off. :) I have had a rough night to be honest. :cool:

Why dont we all grow up and stop this silly 'I care more than you do' tinkling game.
We lost a football match against our rivals. Both club fielded some second stringers and the rest is history.

All the holier than thou 'cup games are important' gonads is just stating the bloody obvious. All games are important!

Lets move on! :)

I thought there were certain things that inherently are Spurs

- We are a cup side, that is the glory glory part of this club
- We play to win, and win in style (we don't put out an under strength team in a competition we have won, and were in the finals of last year)
- The Scum are our rivals, in geography, in style, in the fact that they historically are ethically questionable when we try to take the high road, games against them MATTER

None of those things are my point of view, and there are literally signs in our stadium that say those things (not the Scum part).
I don't think there's a sign that says we're a cup side. You know which teams are cup sides? Championship and mid table and below teams who can't and have never won anything else. I really do not want to be in that company.

Back