• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Whatever your opinion of Poch, he is no wenger no saf no lvg- he has a way of playing that worked at soton with certain players which he is trying to replicate at Spurs. His philosophy of giving youth and home grown players the chance happens to coincide with a chairman not looking to spend big while we bold a new stadium.

The team is young but growing together working hard for each other. We've missed a striker to help take the load off Kane, so we've struggled but if we keep working hard and for each other we will do ok this season- maybe not top 4 but top half with the odd really good day like today. Love every moment like this as there'll be plenty of ups and down with a young team like ours. Great day for the team and the fans.

in an ideal world yes.............but its not an ideal world.

Fans are always going to express frustration if things arent going well, its perfectly normal. The only person who has to hold his nerve is Daniel Levy.

that's fine

what annoys me is the expression of frustration when things ARE going well

Whatever your opinion of Poch, he is no wenger no saf no lvg- he has a way of playing that worked at soton with certain players which he is trying to replicate at Spurs. His philosophy of giving youth and home grown players the chance happens to coincide with a chairman not looking to spend big while we bold a new stadium.

The team is young but growing together working hard for each other. We've missed a striker to help take the load off Kane, so we've struggled but if we keep working hard and for each other we will do ok this season- maybe not top 4 but top half with the odd really good day like today. Love every moment like this as there'll be plenty of ups and down with a young team like ours. Great day for the team and the fans.

I'd be amazed if we finished outside of the top six

So far this season we have lacked goals, we've made less unforced errors, there is far more movement and a willingness to pass quicker. I think we've been in control in most of the games and apart from a dreadful 20 minutes against Stoke we have been solid. Now that Kane has got off the mark the goals may start coming.. To me we look like a good team, no superstars, but lots of talented hard working players, and thats the best we can hope for in the present situation, the manager is doing a good job and needs time to build HIS team. This result will buy Pochettino some time but a few poor results will bring the usual suspects out wanting Klopp or any other unobtainable name and provide them with £100m to spend and the £25-30m wages.

I think its the fans in the stadium that levy is concerned about.
I dont think he cares much about the negativity on internet discussion boards.

And a load of people knee jerk. The reaction to the close of the transfer window. The reaction to some of our early results. The constant knocking. All over the top.

wow, people knee jerk

its harmless, its fans letting off steam on an internet forum, and its only football.................seriously, why overreact about the ones overreacting.....chill out

So far this season we have lacked goals, we've made less unforced errors, there is far more movement and a willingness to pass quicker. I think we've been in control in most of the games and apart from a dreadful 20 minutes against Stoke we have been solid. Now that Kane has got off the mark the goals may start coming.. To me we look like a good team, no superstars, but lots of talented hard working players, and thats the best we can hope for in the present situation, the manager is doing a good job and needs time to build HIS team. This result will buy Pochettino some time but a few poor results will bring the usual suspects out wanting Klopp or any other unobtainable name and provide them with £100m to spend and the £25-30m wages.

I object on the behalf of Hugo

I don't think it is harmless. I think that creating a negative atmosphere harms the team's prospects and is counter productive.

its the same at every club though, even at the most successful ones.....there is always something to moan about, someone to blame when things dont go to plan. I just dont see the point in fellow fans having a go at each other just because of a difference in opinion, or to attempt to stifle their differing views.

its the same at every club though, even at the most successful ones.....there is always something to moan about, someone to blame when things dont go to plan. I just dont see the point in fellow fans having a go at each other just because of a difference in opinion, or to attempt to stifle their differing views.

I know that we live in a time when having a sense of perspective is a rare thing. I just find it disappointing that some are pleased to wear it as a badge of honour.

I think its the fans in the stadium that levy is concerned about.
I dont think he cares much about the negativity on internet discussion boards.

Couldn't the negativity in social media seep into the stadium though? People who post here go to games and opinions are formed when we communicate with fellow supporters - be they over-negative or over-positive.

I just think some people have a tendency to blow their moaning/complaining way out of proportions. We could have been playing a string of good games, then have a bad one, and suddenley we need a new left back, a new midfielder, a new striker and a new manager. It would probably help to just take a deep breath after a defeat or a poor performance, and try to see the bigger picture, get some perspective. Just because a player makes a mistake in a game or two, doesn't mean he's tinkle poor and will never come good again. There's a lot of matches in a season - and no reason to generalize based on a single game - maybe it's the media that instills this mentality in people. They're experts at writing players off after a single poor game, or writing a team off after a couple of bad games, always maximize the "crisis" to get clicks and headlines and whatnot. It's annoying.

I think also that people need to remember that at some time we will go back to where we were and be a mid-table team, with occasional relegation fights. This could be as good as it gets. Wouldn't it be a shame if you wasted the good times moaning?

i dont understand the obsession with trying to control what what others think..............if you or anyone else is happy with how things are then great. If others want to moan now, or when we are top of the league, or when we are mid table, if we are in the bottom 4, whenever, let them moan. It maybe irrational to you, but it is their right to speak their mind. All you have to do is simply ignore them if it gets too much ;)

lets hope we dont get to the point of negative posts/opinions being censored and removed. Think about it.

i dont understand the obsession with trying to control what what others think..............if you or anyone else is happy with how things are then great. If others want to moan now, or when we are top of the league, or when we are mid table, if we are in the bottom 4, whenever, let them moan. It maybe irrational to you, but it is their right to speak their mind. All you have to do is simply ignore them if it gets too much ;)

lets hope we dont get to the point of negative posts/opinions being censored and removed. Think about it.

It's just another opinion, though, isn't it? There's no "wanting to control what other people think", as far as I'm concerned. Just as with people being influenced by what they read online and (potentially) bringing it to the stadium, maybe a call for people to think twice before they knee jerk on a forum after a defeat can plant a seed and not have this place turn into a RAWK-style collective meltdown every time we lose. Ok, ok, I'm exaggerating, of course, I don't think we're anywhere near that on here, but surely asking people to think about their moaning is just another democractic voicing of opinion - I don't think anyone's ever talked about censoring negative posts.

Back