• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Will be very very important if we want to keep Dier and Alli fresh. One question. Do you believe in what Pochettino is doing or not? I ask in the spirit of discussion mate, nothing else, no 'afters' ;)

Games like today, Cheat$ki/Scum last season show flashes of what (I'm assuming) we are trying to do, and it has a lot of promise

I still think he often hurts us with the extremely narrow use of the pitch (two of our best subs, Townsend in early game this season and Clinton today helped/were effective because they were willing to go wide), we don't do that enough.

I worry that his "type" of player is so specific we will either end up with only youth players or such specific targets that more times than not we will be unable to get our man (and have no real backup option).

Additionally (and no afters here), he needs to make a cup (any one) a priority, if the plan is for him/club/levy to build a long term vision, a cup would give a lot of time/patience.

Finally, despite the theory/promise, not sure how many clubs (in our bracket, not stupid money spenders) have made a system team work and created real sustained success with it.

Good media representation of club, good development of players, set ideology and a few amazing results
Hope = yes, Belief = not yet .. been too many false dawns/messiahs in my lifetime.

Our biggest issues last season were defense and pace for me. We are solid at the back now, have a new CB and have developed a DM. We als have pace in Son, Alli and Njie to add to Townsend.

Poch has addressed issues but the club have refused to panic buy again. Buy what we need at a price we can afford or make do with what we have.

also the high press looks more effective now. The vertical transitions and the decision making in the final third are defo areas we need to work on.

Games like today, Cheat$ki/Scum last season show flashes of what (I'm assuming) we are trying to do, and it has a lot of promise

I still think he often hurts us with the extremely narrow use of the pitch (two of our best subs, Townsend in early game this season and Clinton today helped/were effective because they were willing to go wide), we don't do that enough.

I worry that his "type" of player is so specific we will either end up with only youth players or such specific targets that more times than not we will be unable to get our man (and have no real backup option).

Additionally (and no afters here), he needs to make a cup (any one) a priority, if the plan is for him/club/levy to build a long term vision, a cup would give a lot of time/patience.

Finally, despite the theory/promise, not sure how many clubs (in our bracket, not stupid money spenders) have made a system team work and created real sustained success with it.

Good media representation of club, good development of players, set ideology and a few amazing results
Hope = yes, Belief = not yet .. been too many false dawns/messiahs in my lifetime.
I wouldn't call it a false dawn. This game wasn't a one-off. We have outplayed every team in the PL so far.

Thanks. Detailed answer. I disagree with several points, if only because they lack some context. I think his work is tremendous and in 12 months we will be right up there all the time.

It's got to be said, his selection and changes today were just what we needed and kept us on the front foot.

Also, his ability to put confidence in players that need it most (lamela mainly) is HUGE. Could pay off in spades in the long run if Lamela begins to get more and more comfortable in our side.

Thanks. Detailed answer. I disagree with several points, if only because they lack some context. I think his work is tremendous and in 12 months we will be right up there all the time.

I truly hope so, watching us tear apart teams with good football is what we all want to see.

Re disagree, we all have opinions based on a limited perspective (we don't see training, don't know player mindset/injuries), I'd be delighted if Poch is here when new stadium opens, because it will mean he's been a success.

I truly hope so, watching us tear apart teams with good football is what we all want to see.

Re disagree, we all have opinions based on a limited perspective (we don't see training, don't know player mindset/injuries), I'd be delighted if Poch is here when new stadium opens, because it will mean he's been a success.

Agreed stability would be bliss. I was born in 93 and to me stability at Tottenham = Jol or Redknapp. Sometimes though I feel like asking for more than a 3 year term is now to unrealistic.

I thought Poch was better than his last game (vs. Scum). You're probably talking about the people who find every opportunity to be negative.

The challenge is for fans to hold their nerve and not panic every time something does not go 100% to plan.

in an ideal world yes.............but its not an ideal world.

Fans are always going to express frustration if things arent going well, its perfectly normal. The only person who has to hold his nerve is Daniel Levy.

I disagree. Each of us is responsible for how we react. Some of us are very quick to criticise and assume the worst.

some are quick, some take longer, some are very harsh, some less harsh........we are all different in our reactions.

some are quick, some take longer, some are very harsh, some less harsh........we are all different in our reactions.

And a load of people knee jerk. The reaction to the close of the transfer window. The reaction to some of our early results. The constant knocking. All over the top.

Back