• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I didn't like the line up .. ****ing obvious Lamela is not ready for PL (may never be)

And seriously .. you try to explain Paulinho .. I eagerly await anyone's justification for that one.

Here's the real fact = we failed to score against the 3rd worst defense in the PL at home .. ****ing awesome

Palace at home is the sort of game you would expect Lamela to perform in,but you're right he could just not be cut out for this league.

Paulinho for all his faults is a goalscoring midfielder and....we needed a goal.

I'm not arguing with you it was a poor result,but was clear we looked fatigued. If Poch had played the back up players he would have got crucified on here...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Easy to be critical in hindsight. When you saw how leggy we looked, it would have been better to play half our second team. Someone posted a team in the match tread - a pi$$ take team that would have had fans brewing with Poch - but it would have probably been a master stroke...in hindsight. 3 games in 6 days and bitterly cold day with a young team in front of a baying crowd.

I will criticise Poch for not foreseeing that better and getting the player more psyched while cold and tired out. He also must get the team to focus on their game plan and not worry about the crowd. Had we shown patience and stuck to the right plan second half we might have been able to get home.

But it is all in hindsight. Easy to say now. I didn't see anyone saying any of this pregame. In fact had Poch rotated the team we'd have been on his back for not playing the same team. Frustrating yes. But he needs time.

Exactly

I think it was pretty obvious what was needed, maybe some complacency at the beginning that any team could've won, but only a ****ing idiot couldn't see we needed lennon on very early on.

If Lennon can't play 60 minutes, a half even, **** it, 30 mins he shouldn't have been on the bench.

No Townsend (injured). So 10 minutes of Lennon, or 45 of Ceballos?

Palace at home is the sort of game you would expect Lamela to perform in,but you're right he could just not be cut out for this league.

Paulinho for all his faults is a goalscoring midfielder and....we needed a goal.

I'm not arguing with you it was a poor result,but was clear we looked fatigued. If Poch had played the back up players he would have got crucified on here...

**** result in a **** season, I'm sorry Poch's honeymoon is over, Palace has played 3 games in the last week as well and have a smaller squad.

It seemed like Palace's strategy was play fairly safe and then have a real go at us in the last 15 mins when we were shagged out. It worked too, they could've won it.

No Townsend (injured). So 10 minutes of Lennon, or 45 of Ceballos?

Is townsend injured? Just presumed he was dropped because he was awful...

If take 45 minutes of ceballos over 10 minutes of lennon. But I really don't velieve lennon on,y had 10 minutes preposterous. Poch is just a bit ****ing stupid. He's simply not very good. He'll be another manager to get sacked. TBIS is what happens when you play it safe.., should've got de boer

It seemed like Palace's strategy was play fairly safe and then have a real go at us in the last 15 mins when we were shagged out. It worked too, they could've won it.

Really, seemed to me palace knew we were awful and absolutely went at us the whole game. And it worked. There was an embarassing period at about 70 minutes when they were battering us and throwing so many men up front, they smelled blood, it was awful to see, ****ing palace, smelling blood.

Lennon is no use at all against deep-sitting defences (cf the Everton match)

I wonder if Poch would have used Townsend to stretch the game if he'd been available

The less he plays the better he gets in peoples memories.
Idiots like Tony Gale calling out for natural wingers from English players (mentioned how we look better with Townsend too!) dont help.
It was the same against Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home back in October. Danny Murphy wouldnt **** up all game about putting Lennon on for width.
Lennon comes on and does **** all, hides and barely touches the ball.

He's good player on the break, counter attacking at pace and thats it.

Lennon is no use at all against deep-sitting defences (cf the Everton match)

I wonder if Poch would have used Townsend to stretch the game if he'd been available

That is utter *******s

By having Lennon youre stretching the play and giving them something else to think about. By having a Lamela youre basically much narrower and we are simpler to contain. So no Lennon DOES have his use within the team against these so called deep sitting defences.

Really, seemed to me palace knew we were awful and absolutely went at us the whole game. And it worked. There was an embarassing period at about 70 minutes when they were battering us and throwing so many men up front, they smelled blood, it was awful to see, ****ing palace, smelling blood.

This, glad someone else saw it ..

Palace didn't even come here and sit back. They had a go and still we couldn't get at them and create anything of note.

I feel like this far into the season I should have some idea of a) Poch's preferred side. b) His preferred tactics/philosophy/style (even if I accept it will vary slightly depending on who we are playing).

But I really don't think I am much the wiser than I was at the start of the the season when I was worried that -based on Southampton's performances and watching us play Southampton at home -he might turn out to be AVB-lite. There doesn't seem to be any consistency at all -or hardly any - in player positions or tactics/style. Apart from Lloris who, thankfully, has been excellent in most of our games.

On here is not where it matters, on the pitch and subsequently in the Boardroom is where it matters

I feel like this far into the season I should have some idea of a) Poch's preferred side. b) His preferred tactics/philosophy/style (even if I accept it will vary slightly depending on who we are playing).

But I really don't think I am much the wiser than I was at the start of the the season when I was worried that -based on Southampton's performances and watching us play Southampton at home -he might turn out to be AVB-lite. There doesn't seem to be any consistency at all -or hardly any - in player positions or tactics/style. Apart from Lloris who, thankfully, has been excellent in most of our games.

He is exactly that - AVB Lite, less personality, less passion, even more bizzare selections/subs ..

This ****ing season is going to be watching a drunk stumble around with no idea of what the end result will be.

Those saying Palace also played midweek, they did, but didn't play in Europe prior. Just look at chelsea and **** today. In hindsight - a cold day with tired out footballers. wenger and mourinho were not on top of that. Neither was Poch. And neither were you. Until AFTER the game.

This is precisely why people are frustrated.

It sall about progress. People talk about time but there has to be progress within that time, its not like after two years it will click over night, its not a ****in switch. Its about progress and whether the team is improving and progressing.

I blame Poch but not entirely as I think the squad is **** yet people still think we have a good squad. I would sell a fair few of our squad and sack that **** Baldini for spunking money up against the wall... id give it all to Poch and let HIM get the players in.

That is not to say Poch is off the hook. He could have prepared a number of things better today (mentioned else where like in the ratings thread).

To those criticising as we don't have a settled side. It would have been great to start the season with Poch's best 11 and stuck to it. But the world cup players came back late and what can he do but develop the team and change players as he goes along? If Poch had rotated some players in his team today, I think we'd have won. But he's trying to have consistency. Damned either way. Ultimately, he has to have us win games and needs to make decisions irrespective of what people think. I think he's a little intimidated by the crowd himself, and the great managers foresee things and prepare well. Maybe he is guilty of not foreseeing or preparing as well as he might. But he needs time.

Those saying Palace also played midweek, they did, but didn't play in Europe prior. Just look at chelsea and **** today. In hindsight - a cold day with tired out footballers. wenger and mourinho were not on top of that. Neither was Poch. And neither were you. Until AFTER the game.

Mate, go look at the number of games each Palace player has played this season vs. most of ours, bet our players have less appearances.

We didn't loose because we were tired, we lost because of a poor selection balance

- by playing Lamela/Eriksen wide, we get too narrow and their midfield/defense just crowd us out.
- Without midfield narrow and Lamela left, we expose our fill in FB (who already struggles)

And the game played out exactly that way, too narrow slow for us, with them breaking constantly to our right side.

Back