• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer window wishlist

can't Coentrao coming here, can't see the others as not being a risk (I'll admit I don't even know who the last one is) , Rose is a known quantity

just my opinion of course, your mileage (and most importantly AVB's) may vary

Coentrao, Ricardo Rodriguez, Alvaro Pereira, Latovlevici?

Agree Baines is unrealistic - he's off to United

Coentrao looks the pick from this selection, but i think if he were to join he would have done it in the bale deal. Latovlevici is a force going forward but has some problems keeping it clean at the back.

can't Coentrao coming here, can't see the others as not being a risk (I'll admit I don't even know who the last one is) , Rose is a known quantity

just my opinion of course, your mileage (and most importantly AVB's) may vary

Coentrao didn't have any other suitors all summer till Baines fell through for United on deadline day. He's rotting at Madrid and needs to salvage his career.

Alvaro Pereira is the safe option - played under AVB at Porto, but out of favour at Inter

Latovlevici is Chirches' ex-club and current national teammate who we've been linked with. I don't know much about him.

fair enough, I'm gonna make a wild assumption that you are a young'un, for a long long time st etienne were French football, they are a far more successful club than we are (domestically at least)

Coentrao didn't have any other suitors all summer till Baines fell through for United on deadline day. He's rotting at Madrid and needs to salvage his career.

Alvaro Pereira is the safe option - played under AVB at Porto, but out of favour at Inter

Latovlevici is Chirches' ex-club and current national teammate who we've been linked with. I don't know much about him.
From what I know the most interested english club in Latovlevici is Liverpool, there has been real interest with scouts coming at Steaua games, his agent confirmed it too. He did mention however that Liverpool isn't the biggest club that showed interest in him...

fair enough, I'm gonna make a wild assumption that you are a young'un, for a long long time st etienne were French football, they are a far more successful club than we are (domestically at least)
I know that St. Etienne has a lot of history in France and are one of the most succesfull clubs there, winning lots of championships in the past. But nowadays there are only 2-3 big clubs in France(maybe just 1) and St. Etienne is not one of them ...

I really feel the midfield is our weak point, of course we have lots of players in that area, but most of them don't seem up to the challenge, coming from the likes of St. Etienne why would they be? I don't really like to judge before at least 6 months at a club but i feel Paulinho is going to be a flop, i dislike him, he has not special skill, nothing springs to mind when i see him play, speed:average at best, technique:for a brazilian bellow average, tackling(him being a DM in this formation) bellow average, passing: average so he seems poor. And although others have not impressed either : Erikssen, Lamela(except for the Moldova game), Capoue I am still holding my opinion because they have showed signs of quality...

Give me a break.

I'll concede that

it's the way my mind works, history is permanent, their domination of France in the 60's means they will always be a respected club IMO, likewise Forest and Borussia Munchengladbach, once a giant always a giant as far as I'm concerned (unless it's Liverpool of course)

I'll concede that

it's the way my mind works, history is permanent, their domination of France in the 60's means they will always be a respected club IMO, likewise Forest and Borussia Munchengladbach, once a giant always a giant as far as I'm concerned (unless it's Liverpool of course)
I am speaking about current days, there are cycles and St. Etienne had their peak like you said, now it's PSG, Monaco, OM time. Of course they are giants in all time rankings, but for now, they are average, (can't include Gladbach in this, as I think they are top 4 in Germany) St. Etienne are a average-decent team and nothing else, in a championship dominated all day long by PSG and the others..

Any other explanations why we only have shots from 30 miles out, and it finishes 0-0, 0-1 against mid-table opposition in the PL lately ?

It's been done to death in other threads.

It's a combination of the tactics employed and players settling in to using those tactics. I've been watching Paulinho in the Brazil friendlies and he looks fantastic. Absolutely superb against Honduras, and excellent against Chile (that team that recently beat England...)

It is far, far too early to write off our midfield.

Signing Hernandez or Morata is NOT the answer. We have one of the best finishers about, we just need to be giving him supply!!

Signing Hernandez or Morata is NOT the answer. We have one of the best finishers about, we just need to be giving him supply!!

But we've already agreed a deal for Defoe and Ade will v likely be off too. We can't do the second half of the season with just one forward.

Just seen the story about the Toronto transfer. I'd heard some talk about a move to MLS but I thought that was all it was.

Has it actually been made official? I guess you'll be happy that he's leaving? Signing a new striker now seems a lot more plausible but whether the options cited are the right options, that's another matter.

Back