• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer window wishlist

Has it actually been made official? I guess you'll be happy that he's leaving? Signing a new striker now seems a lot more plausible but whether the options cited are the right options, that's another matter.

No. But like happened with Dempsey and Keane, it seems to be leaking from decent sources that side of the Atlantic.

Yeah, as is well know, Defoe is the one remaining player I don't have any time for and have been wanting to see the back of him for much of the last decade (I was always a Keaneite).

I want Pato because I think he'll add a bit of spark and trickery, and because he's versatile and can play wide too. I think Hernandez is an ideal like-for-like to rotate with Soldado. I've seen less of Morata but he seems highly rated - would seem more of an Ade replacement though.

Last edited:
Tottenham are hoping to cure their goal-scoring ills with a £30million bid for Fiorentina and Italy striker Giuseppe Rossi, writes Alan Nixon in the Sunday People.

Spurs supremo Daniel Levy is working on another big-spending move despite poor early returns on his £110million summer spree.

Under-fire boss Andre Villas-Boas has a month to save his job as he heads into Sunday’s clash with Manchester United, one of Rossi’s former clubs.

But technical director Franco Baldini is working on January transfer window deals, irrespective of who is managing the White Hart Lane club in the New Year.

Spurs are looking to land 26-year-old former United reserve Rossi from Fiorentina at the second attempt and make him the club’s new number nine.

They tried for Rossi when he was starring with Spanish side Villarreal and are in again now that he is fully fit and scoring goals in Serie A.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-line-up-giuseppe-rossi-2869728

Arsenal and Tottenham are going head-to-head for classy Swiss centre-half Fabian Schar, writes Alan Nixon in the Sunday People.

The Gunners have set their sights on the defender – as we revealed in early November – and last week stepped up their interest when coach Neil Banfield watched him.

The £10million-rated star has impressed in Europe and was comfortable for Basel against Chelsea last week.

Spurs super-spy Franco Baldini also ran the rule over Schar, just days after the White Hart Lane club's need for a new centre-back was confirmed by their horror show at Emirates Marketing Project.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-face-tottenham-transfer-fight-2869756

People want Pato? the same Pato that could not cut it in Serie A? Think someone needs to get off of FM for a while.

I think we should look at players that can cut the mustard in the prem first. Remy would be my top tip.

Another direct, right-sided player (to add to Lennon and Townsend, and on Lamela's side)? We need an indirect left-sided player.

Also, none of our current team were signed from EPL teams, other than Siggy and Dembele (Daws, Walker and Lennon were from championship teams). They are just such poor value.

I would sell lennon and i would play remy as a striker i think that would be his best position he looks like a striker to me.

Lennon showed today that he's still well ahead of Townsend.

Wherever Remy plays, he's best running from the half way line with his head down. That just won't suit us.

We didn't sign Siggy from a Premiership team.

Yeah - Siggy and Dembele were my two exceptions. Neither have proved especially good value (yet at least).

A new world class left back, I want to se Vertongen & Chiriches play together as central defenders.

Not sure I want to see that. It would be like inverting the disaster that is the Dawson-Kaboul partnership. I think one power CB (Daws/Kaboul) and one cultured one (Verts/Chiriches) is always best.

A new world class left back, I want to se Vertongen & Chiriches play together as central defenders.

We would probably get mullered in the air. Nah, one of Verts and Chiriches plus one of Daws and Kaboul for me. Gives the defence a nice balance to it: a destroyer and an elegant, ball-playing defender. If we went three at the back, though, then it could be an option. Verts, Kaboul and Chiriches: Phwoar!

And in regards to the thread topic itself, I'd just like to reiterate what has already been said countless times: get a damn left-back. A bloody good one, too. Then think about a striker: either a big, powerful one like Benteke, or a deep-lying trequartista type like Rossi. No more pure finishers, though.

Lennon showed today that he's still well ahead of Townsend.
Not sure I want to see that. It would be like inverting the disaster that is the Dawson-Kaboul partnership. I think one power CB (Daws/Kaboul) and one cultured one (Verts/Chiriches) is always best.

Ok I see your point, guess we have different views on Verts ;) I think he is more than capable of handling most of the PL forwards. The reason Daws and Kaboul don't work is that they are booth to slow, thats why I think we need Chiriches in the middle.

We would probably get mullered in the air. Nah, one of Verts and Chiriches plus one of Daws and Kaboul for me. Gives the defence a nice balance to it: a destroyer and an elegant, ball-playing defender. If we went three at the back, though, then it could be an option. Verts, Kaboul and Chiriches: Phwoar!

And in regards to the thread topic itself, I'd just like to reiterate what has already been said countless times: get a damn left-back. A bloody good one, too. Then think about a striker: either a big, powerful one like Benteke, or a deep-lying trequartista type like Rossi. No more pure finishers, though.

But how many teams have a Benteke type of player where we need Dawson/Kaboul? Certainly not today. A fast paced left back today would have made a big difference closing down Valencia. Verts struggled all day with Valencias pace.

But how many teams have a Benteke type of player where we need Dawson/Kaboul? Certainly not today. A fast paced left back today would have made a big difference closing down Valencia. Verts struggled all day with Valencias pace.

I'm more worried about corners, when the likes of Vidic and Smalling come forward. We need a Daws or a Kaboul to deal with them: don't really see either Verts or Chiriches muscling either of those two out of the way when the ball's in the air.

I'm more worried about corners, when the likes of Vidic and Smalling come forward. We need a Daws or a Kaboul to deal with them: don't really see either Verts or Chiriches muscling either of those two out of the way when the ball's in the air.

Ok I see your point, but I think we defend corners pretty well this season and have more problems with pacy forwards where Dawson and Kaboul don't cut it.

BUT maybe Rose is back soon and is the left back we need [-o<

Last edited:
Sign a top class left back and play JV next to YK at CB. They'd make a good partnership - right and left footer, decent blend of guile and culture, both not afraid to sticking their foot in, both are leaders,...

Ideally would like to see us sign a CM who can pass the ball, however I think that's too much to hope for

Ok I see your point, but I think we defend corners pretty well this season and have more problems with pacy forwards where Dawson and Kaboul don't cut it.

BUT maybe Rose is back soon and is the left back we need [-o<

Amen-Brother.jpg

Another direct, right-sided player (to add to Lennon and Townsend, and on Lamela's side)? We need an indirect left-sided player.

Also, none of our current team were signed from EPL teams, other than Siggy and Dembele (Daws, Walker and Lennon were from championship teams). They are just such poor value.

yeah Soldado and Lamela look like great value 8-[

Back