• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer window wishlist

All I want is a left back, if there's one available at a reasonable price. We have more than enough quality in other areas. We should be concentrating on turning the 14 players AVB has already bought into a team rather than who to bring in next.

Why do we need a left back?

because we dont currently have one....and AVB's insistence on inverted wide men with fullbacks provided proper width means we fecking need to get the full backs positions sorted out

because we dont currently have one....and AVB's insistence on inverted wide men with fullbacks provided proper width means we fecking need to get the full backs positions sorted out

We do, but he's injured, I don't think it's wise to buy a player because the one we have is injured. Rose and Vertonghen are two excellent options to have, I don't see the need to buy another.

We do, but he's injured, I don't think it's wise to buy a player because the one we have is injured. Rose and Vertonghen are two excellent options to have, I don't see the need to buy another.

what if Rose is out for another 2 or 3 months??

Vertonghen is a centre half, we need him in his natural position

the point is that in AVB's system the full backs are absolutely essential to our attacking play.....i wish it wasnt like this, but heyho thats life. Thats why we need to be stronger at full back than maybe other areas of the pitch. even on the other side, an injury to Walker and we are well and truly fecked.

Naughton is a decent player but is no good for how AVB has us set up.

Where did he play for Sunderland last season?

so just because he played at left back for o'Neil, Di Canio at nearly relegated Sunderland means that he has to be first choice left back for us??

he is a decent going forward, but has a heck of a lot to learn defensively. He is still young too so having a more experienced left back on board wouldnt be a bad thing imo

so just because he played at left back for o'Neil, Di Canio at nearly relegated Sunderland means that he has to be first choice left back for us??

he is a decent going forward, but has a heck of a lot to learn defensively. He is still young too so having a more experienced left back on board wouldnt be a bad thing imo

Who was suggesting that he should be first choice for us? I was just responding to Yiddo's claim that he isn't a left back.

With regards to his strength going forward as opposed to defensively, isn't that the norm for young attacking fullbacks?

I'm suggesting he should be first choice, was superb before injury. Vertonghen's strong there too but hey, let's buy another.

I'm suggesting he should be first choice, was superb before injury. Vertonghen's strong there too but hey, let's buy another.

no, why dont we just continue with the current non existent attacking play down the left......if an injured Rose and part time left back is enough then great

no, why dont we just continue with the current non existent attacking play down the left......if an injured Rose and part time left back is enough then great

Vertonghen's shown more attack-minded play than Walker has imo, the problem is with the player(s) in front of him.

Vertonghen's shown more attack-minded play than Walker has imo, the problem is with the player(s) in front of him.

I have no problem if Verts plays LB for the rest of the season. Of course I hope Rose gets fit ASAP.

Walker is getting gradually better and could be very good. We are more likely to buy a LB than a RB.

Back