• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer window wishlist

Such as? (who would come to us in January that is gettable and we could afford the wages of)

We've just bought:

Paulinho
Capoue
Eriksen
Chadli
Lamela

and already have:

Sandro
Dembele
Holtby
Lennon
Townsend
Sigurdsson

That's a midfield squad most teams would dream of.
If you are happy with being better than most teams then we should not transfer anyone. If you want Spurs to be a big team then some players need to go to make way to better ones. That's how Spurs got to this point, the best in years, and that is how we will go forward.

You claim there are at least 50 midfield players in the world better than ours. I personally think that's nonsense.

You think Levy is going to sanction going out to sign this wonderful 'world-class' midfielder after our recent purchases?

The Daily Star is reporting that Tottenham are in the running to buy Ukrainian international, winger Yevhen Konoplyanka for £15m

He's good. Would prefer Draxler for our left wing but Konoplyanka is an excellent player. If we are going forward with the inverted wingers style I think we need really talented, creative ones which he is. He's currently being managed by one Juande Ramos lol.

does Levy want to take a risk on another expensive Ukranian/Russian?? How many have succeeded in the PL

oh, and we dont need another wide player ](*,)

You claim there are at least 50 midfield players in the world better than ours. I personally think that's nonsense.

You think Levy is going to sanction going out to sign this wonderful 'world-class' midfielder after our recent purchases?
First of all I said to sign 1 player not 2000.Signing 1 player doesn't mean our recent purchases are all shet. And yes I believe there are 50 midfielders in the world better than ours. Here it goes: 1) In the PL there are at least 12-13 midfield players better than we have at Arsenal, Chelsea the Manchesters etc
2) Like I said I believe that in ALL South America there are 4-5 better midfielders than ours (we saw Oscar doing good for Chelsea)
3) I believe in Germany there are around 10 better midfielders than we have (Robben, Ribery, Reus, practically all BM and BD players plus a Draxler, at least a future one as he is 19, T. Muller like I said, a bench player now, and 1-2 others)
4) France around 3-5 players PSG ( Lavezzi, Pastore etc)
5) Italy let's say 5
6) Even leagues like Ukraine and Turkey have 2-3 players better than what we have ( Skakhtar, Galatasaray's Sneijder etc)
7) Spain's Real Madrid and Barcelona ALL OF THE MIDFIELDERS even some bench ones... let's say 10.
8) Plus 5 from here and there...

Daily Mail claim Dempsey could make a return to Tottenham this January on a loan basis in the MLS off season. Seattle Sounders Manager: "Clint's contract allows him to go on loan for the off-season." Seattle Sounders Manager: "All parties are working on a deal and we won't be surprised if it happens."

_65401321_159771293.jpg

Daily Mail claim Dempsey could make a return to Tottenham this January on a loan basis in the MLS off season. Seattle Sounders Manager: "Clint's contract allows him to go on loan for the off-season." Seattle Sounders Manager: "All parties are working on a deal and we won't be surprised if it happens."

_65401321_159771293.jpg

Nothing against Clint, but I'd be ****ed off if this was true. Got plenty of guys who can play in the hole, and if he's meant to play as a striker, why not use Ade?

Nothing against Clint, but I'd be ****ed off if this was true. Got plenty of guys who can play in the hole, and if he's meant to play as a striker, why not use Ade?

Not a bet I could ever win but I reckon Clint would have scored more goals than Soldado upfront this season. Not that I want him back, just think he is decent enough at linking the play and scores a fair few goals.

Wouldn't mind Dempsey back on a loan, to be fair. His physicality, hard running and knack for scoring crucial goals could be just what we need when Soldado needs taking off or fails to fire (given the AVB-Ade spat and Defoe's attributes being a mirror image of Soldado's), and I'm willing to bet we're still owed a portion of his fee anyway, meaning we can just write some of it off in exchange for a loan deal.

Wouldn't be a bad deal for commercial reasons.

don't have a problem with him here for a month or two on loan - wouldn't expect it to upset the apple cart or anything like that and id assume he'd have limited involvment in first team matters - so sure, why not?

no thanks to Clint....id rather the players we have be given maximum time to get used to each other even if it means we suffer in terms of results or poor performances

Paul Robinson
Steve Caulker
Tom Huddleston
Luka Modric
Darren Bent
Dimitar Berbatov
Peter Crouch
Niko Kranjcar
Micheal Carrick
Because all the players we have now are rubbish and I would rather we were back 5 or 6 years ago like all the other mugs on this site

If we replace him with a similar forward it makes no sense though because the problem isn't that Soldado is wasting chances, it's that he's not getting enough of them. Like we saw when we replaced him with Defoe in the league that got us nowhere.

If we decide that we need a Benteke type man mountain forward to make it work then fair enough, but to me that should be more seen as an option in the squad, not as a replacement for Soldado.

Gutter Boy made the point in another thread that AVB has seemingly preferred strikers somewhat similar to Soldado both at Porto (Falcao) and at Chelsea (Torres) as well as giving a lot of game time to Defoe last season. I think he will, rightly, keep trusting Soldado and try to make our overall play function better before making any radical changes in terms of first choice strikers.

But these two are/were, big, strong, good in the air and fast. Soldado hasn't any of these attributes

But these two are/were, big, strong, good in the air and fast. Soldado hasn't any of these attributes

Falcao and Soldado are the same height. Falcao isn't especially quick either. The two are very similar players actually.

With Torres the point was more how he clearly favoured the goalscorer with movement over a powerful hold-up #9 (Drogba or Lukaku)

Just watching the England v Chile match. Please can we sign up the Chilean left back, Mena. He looks really comfortable on the ball, provides a good overlapping option and delivers a wicked cross. Just what we need. Go get him Baldy!

Just watching the England v Chile match. Please can we sign up the Chilean left back, Mena. He looks really comfortable on the ball, provides a good overlapping option and delivers a wicked cross. Just what we need. Go get him Baldy!

I like the way Chile are lined up, then again I loved the way they lined up and played at the 2010 World Cup too. I dont think they have ENOUGH quality to win it, but they will shock a few like last year.

Gazzetta Dello Sport say that a deal for Inter left back Alvaro Pereria is all but agreed for a January move

Back