• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

OUT:
Corluka
Bassong
Pienaar
Pavlyuchenko

A lot of people wanted those players off our books this summer (or last summer)
Naughton or Kaboul could cover/replace Charlie
The other 3 are all limited and just taking up space - presumably in the summer we will sign the likes of Samba to replace them and it will be an improvement overall

As usual it's not the end of the world IF we replace them with the right players - but last summer we were saying "we can't replace Jenas and Bentley until we make space in the 25 man squad" so this year we learnt our lesson and did something about it, kinda

It ain't perfect, but transfers are funny beasts

What if walker gets injured though? Gallas king and dawson are all injury prone, and we dont have any wingers if bale/lennon get injured

Livermore is able cover for Walker at RB. Sandro, Livermore, and even Hudd (recall him filling in there last year) can all slot in at CB if desperate. Modric, Kranjcar, Gio can all cover on the wing. This is in an absolute worst case scenario (i.e. if King, dawson, gallas are all out at the same time). Its not like we have no depth because we lost 4 bench players. We'll be fine. Everyone keeps insisting on going on about no cover.. We've got plenty strength in depth.

Harry said in interview that he wouldn't let Pienaar go because of injuries and didn't get Klasic in, is that right? BBC guy on twitter says deal was done after Kenwright talks with Levy. Be interested if Harry is happy with that because makes no sense if he was to be believed originally. Perhaps Levy was offered a nice loan fee.

Loan to Reading

On 25 July 2011, Khumalo moved on a season-long loan to Championship club Reading.[4] Khumalo will wear the number 26 shirt during his loan spell. Bongani was nicknamed Khumalol by Reading supporters following a number of Shambolic performances.

Harry said in interview that he wouldn't let Pienaar go because of injuries and didn't get Klasic in, is that right? BBC guy on twitter says deal was done after Kenwright talks with Levy. Be interested if Harry is happy with that because makes no sense if he was to be believed originally. Perhaps Levy was offered a nice loan fee.

Maybe him and Kenwright had a gentleman's agreement after the Saha deal?

Living in Reading myself, some of my mates filled me in on the progress of Khumalo back in about August and they weren't impressed. He hasn't been near the Reading first team since apparently...

Maybe him and Kenwright had a gentleman's agreement after the Saha deal?

But following Harry's logic wouldn't levy have been smart enough to have made clear any such agreement was contingent? Makes no sense to me. Genuinely think we have weakened not strengthened. I can see a Nelsen (if fit) Dawson CB pairing coming up...not good.

Finally some nads on the chopping block ITK:

JJetset

Ok here it is people.
Krasnic was off as he didnt want a loan. After i posted about Lazio it suddenly was back on again but unfortunately didnt happen.
Pienaar will now stay.
Saha (from leftfield) loan in also Ryan Nelson loan.
Bassong gone to Wolves on loan.
Pav has been sold (sorry Hottie).
Corluka loaned.

Whoa! An ITK that's actually ITK!

http://tinyurl.com/89yb8ep

"Wolves boss Mick McCarthy had been keen to land the Bassong, 25, having pursued him throughout January."

He's so good, he's an archetype! Or maybe a legendary being, e.g. "The warrior, after an arduous journey to the top of the mountain, was able to slay the mighty Bassong."

love the way everyone expects to have amazing players fill the whole first team squad

I need to start playing FM more, i might understand this type of thinking after that

love the way everyone expects to have amazing players fill the whole first team squad

I need to start playing FM more, i might understand this type of thinking after that

Corluka and Pieenar were already in that squad and under contract. Letting them go just because they want more first team action is generous from us but hardly ambitious in terms of our league position.

Pav for Saha is an upgrade but only slightly.

Before yesterday we had a RB back-up in Corluka. Now, with Walker injured, we have no dedicated RB. Nothing to do with amazing players, is though about covering yourself and giving yourself options. Moreover,unless you have surveyed the entire posts relating to today's activities perhaps it's best you avoid generalizing.

Last edited:
Seems like Pienaar has gone back on loan to Everton until the end of the season. Skysports.com is reporting it.

Were 3rd in the league, 5 points off 1st, in the last 16 of the FA Cup, 13 points clear of Arsenal, 7 points clear of Chelsea, flying high playing great football, best squad weve had for years and all you lot can do is moan, moan, moan

Not many if any decent transfers happen in January, im sure we tried but things didnt happen

Lets get behind the players we have and the players we have got in, COYS

Well said!

is it just me? or does this transfer window seem like an unmitigated disaster?

we've loaned out a bunch of players, leaving us short of coverage and signed two injury prone 30+ year olds?

wtf. for now, i'll give the benefit of the doubt, as i trust harry's judgement, but seriously, wtf!?!?

Back