• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

is it just me? or does this transfer window seem like an unmitigated disaster?

we've loaned out a bunch of players, leaving us short of coverage and signed two injury prone 30+ year olds?

wtf. for now, i'll give the benefit of the doubt, as i trust harry's judgement, but seriously, wtf!?!?

So, take a look at the top 6 clubs, did anyone buy players that will make any difference to thier run in? City didn't even get rid of Tevez. January Windows have been getting worse to make significant buys in, and this one was brick.

Re the outs

- Pav/Bassong were just moaning, never going to be more than 3rd choice, no value to dressing room. Pav got us some money and cut some wages off bill. Bassong is going to play every game probably in a very tough situation with Wolves and may come back a better player or at least is in shop window.
- Charlie, I think we made a call for the player in that he has served us well, never bitched when he lost his place. He obvously wants to play in Euros, needs playing time and would not do us any good with our other Croatians if we just made Charlie rot on bench.
- Pienaar, seriously does anyone give a fudge? perfect example of hat happens when you buy a player for cover value. Way too many options before I would play him, seems Kranjcar has also convinced Harry that he is a better bench option/3rd choice than Pienaar and I agree

- Saha, free, at his best is probably more clinical than any striker we have, yes, older, but not that much milage on him due to injury time outs. Strait swap for Pav where we end up 8M to the good.
- Ryan ... still not seeing where anyone has confirmed we bought him?

Wake up to 10 solid pages of

"What?? Saha and Nelson"
"We sell Pav and Bassong and get two crocks"
"Saha wtf?"
"Nelson wtf"

GHod this board can be a f#cking joke sometimes. Well, good luck people, at least we have a few more players you can constantly slag off, even if they play well. Dont worry, Jenas will be back in the summer.

When will people just have some f#cking faith in the management. Management that has us in a title race for the first time since 1987.

"What?? Saha and Nelson"
"Saha wtf?"
"Nelson wtf"

GHod this board can be a f#cking joke sometimes. Well, good luck people, at least we have a few more players you can constantly slag off, even if they play well. Dont worry, Jenas will be back in the summer.

When will people just have some f#cking faith in the management. Management that has us in a title race for the first time since 1987.

Exactly the sort of post I made earlier, Harry has forgotten more than 99% of this board will ever know about football

I back Harry's judgement over the FM generation on here

What is reallistically going to happen with Tevez now?

Even if he returns from Argentina - surely he can never play for them again? Can they cancel his contract due to gross misconduct - i.e. AWOL

What a phenomenal waste of great footballing talent

What is reallistically going to happen with Tevez now?

Even if he returns from Argentina - surely he can never play for them again? Can they cancel his contract due to gross misconduct - i.e. AWOL

What a phenomenal waste of great footballing talent

The very thought of him up front with Ade makes me weak at the knees.

What about this? I'm sure Harry knows best, but:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2083245/Blackburn-defender-Ryan-Nelsen-asks-All-Blacks-help-bid-save-career.html

Blackburn defender Nelsen asks All Blacks rugby team for help in bid to save career

By Chris Wheeler

Last updated at 11:01 PM on 6th January 2012

Blackburn's New Zealand defender Ryan Nelsen has turned to the All Blacks medical team in a bid to salvage his career.

Nelsen, 34, has played only once since having a knee operation nine months ago, and was given permission to fly home this week and have his injury assessed by the rugby surgeons.

Asked if there are fears that his club captain may struggle to play at the top level again, Blackburn boss Steve Kean said: 'I think that's always a concern.

'It seemed to be going in the right direction but he's played in behind-closed-doors games and felt some discomfort.

'The type of injury he's had is more common in rugby so he's gone out to see the All Black surgeons and their rehab team to see if they can give him a different format.

'If he has to have surgery again that would be tough bearing in mind he's only played one game in nine months.'

wow, he wont pass the medical will he???????????

surely Bassong could have hung around for 4 more months, we are going for the title and we need as many top players as possible for the remaining games. Once the seaosn is over whoever doesnt want to stay can then go

I think Seb made a career move, mate - similar to Coruka and possibly Pienaar. Their morale as down and were desperate for action. So - he could have been a reserve player in a title challenging side or a regular starter fighting for relegation = different priorities, I guess. Plus he could have become a negative influence in the dressing room - last thing you need during the run-in

if Redknapp is still here in the summer, Drogba will be a big target for him

That was some serious BS

Listen I've said before that I didn't even care much if we didnt sign anyone but what in gods green earth was that?? We've just decided out of nowhere to loan out all our adequate cover and bring in 1 player? "Pienaar won't go out on loan as we haven't managed to get krasic". ......10 mins later he's outta there. "bassongs head is not there and he'll go when we bring nelson in"...... Ah his heads not there? SO WHY THE fudge IS GIO STILL HERE IF THAT'S THE REASON FOR BASSONG LEAVING? Oh look we have great rb cover for walker.....let's just loan the cover out. "gallas is suffering from a long term injury ".....so lets go for a player that's even more injury prone. None of it makes sense.

Seb and Corluka were most likely having a negative impact on the team - rather ship them out since they couldn't get a game anyway and were match unfit

Nelsen was a panic buy seeing we lost out on Cahill and Samba so a short term fix was the only option. Again - last minute flimflam

No idea what the fcuk happened to Krasic but that would have been an immense signing.

We also bid 18m for Remy apparently - shows some intention at least

The Saha deal however is the biggest question mark for me. If it wasn't for Pav' great fee we're actually in a weaker position.

Listen I've said before that I didn't even care much if we didnt sign anyone but what in gods green earth was that?? We've just decided out of nowhere to loan out all our adequate cover and bring in 1 player? "Pienaar won't go out on loan as we haven't managed to get krasic". ......10 mins later he's outta there. "bassongs head is not there and he'll go when we bring nelson in"...... Ah his heads not there? SO WHY THE fudge IS GIO STILL HERE IF THAT'S THE REASON FOR BASSONG LEAVING? Oh look we have great rb cover for walker.....let's just loan the cover out. "gallas is suffering from a long term injury ".....so lets go for a player that's even more injury prone. None of it makes sense.

Yaaawn!

"What?? Saha and Nelson"
"Saha wtf?"
"Nelson wtf"

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of you post, I'd be interested to know if the blind faith extends to Levy. After all, he's been part of our success too.

if Redknapp is still here in the summer, Drogba will be a big target for him

No chance. He'll be too young next summer, and not injury prone enough recently. Maybe a go-er, but only if we can offload Bale, Modric and VdV - on loan to Villa, Bolton and Fulham respectively.

Back