• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

OUT:
Corluka
Bassong
Pienaar
Pavlyuchenko

IN:
Saha

...great.

-

With all the outgoings and Saha being a temporary signing, surely this points to us gearing up for splurging big money on a top striker this summer?

images

e9646e38ca1d1b6b89f5a78e03942c03.jpg

Imagine these two on either wing!

Everton captain Phil Neville on Twitter: "If u asked me on jan 1st pick anyone in the world to sign for us this window I would have said only 1 man and my prayers have been answered."

hahaha

I suppose the other benefit of the players we've brought in is that they'll be happy being squad players looking for a chance to prove themselves. If you have a winning team and that 'special player' isnt available then no point unsettling things.

What we should do is look at getting young hungry youth players in who are looking to pounce and seize a first team opportunity. They will be more motivated to play and show what they are about. Look at how we brought through, Daws, Lennon, Hudd, Walker, Bale etc who have a career and ambitions in front of them. We should be signing players of that ilk rather than overpayed journeymen content to earn a wage.

Not often I give ITK credit; but JJETSET had it all spot on =D>

Here is his ITK for the summer:

Look at what we are doing short term and then salivate over the players we are trying to bring in.
Remy big bid went in today but got knocked back but is good for the summer
verthonghen- lined up
hazard is up to the player but we are in with a really really good shout
Leandro - on again off again every day

The last few windows have been excellent for clearing out and replacing players with cheaper and better players. We want to buy the next superstars not loan them.

none of these players have had a tremendous impact really... good for us to get them off the wage books, and add a striker who could offer just as much, if not much more than pav
What if walker gets injured though? Gallas king and dawson are all injury prone, and we dont have any wingers if bale/lennon get injured

OUT:
Corluka
Bassong
Pienaar
Pavlyuchenko

IN:
Saha

...great.

-

With all the outgoings and Saha being a temporary signing, surely this points to us gearing up for splurging big money on a top striker this summer?

Don't worry we have Bentley and Jenas back in the summer.

For me I'd surmise it as follows:

Saha is short term and will offer more than Pav as he is playing for a contract
Nelsen is a good player and reminds me of Naybet

I'm disappointed to lose Charlie but him wanting to move is understandable and he hasn't played much at all

Pienaar hasn't offered us anything to justify the signing and again he has every reason to want to go. Not sure how we will fill his " squad" place but he clearly wasn't one of Harry's favourites....

Bassong is a good centre back but wants games and he will get them at a poor Wolves side

I'd have loved us to sign some worldies but no one has this window and I don't hunk we're much weaker and were certainly richer

Would have proffered Gio to have gone because He isn't good enough for us

Not often I give ITK credit; but JJETSET had it all spot on =D>

Here is his ITK for the summer:

Look at what we are doing short term and then salivate over the players we are trying to bring in.
Remy big bid went in today but got knocked back but is good for the summer
verthonghen- lined up
hazard is up to the player but we are in with a really really good shout
Leandro - on again off again every day

The last few windows have been excellent for clearing out and replacing players with cheaper and better players. We want to buy the next superstars not loan them.

I tell you what...a summer with that lot and a goalkeeper and we'll be right up there. And really, if we finished 3rd (or above), there is no excuse to not go after players like this.

This has not been good. Do we even have enough players left to fill the bench now if we get a few injuries? We really didn't need to weaken our squad with such a hugely important last half of the season ahead.

Finally some nads on the chopping block ITK:

JJetset

Ok here it is people.
Krasnic was off as he didnt want a loan. After i posted about Lazio it suddenly was back on again but unfortunately didnt happen.
Pienaar will now stay.
Saha (from leftfield) loan in also Ryan Nelson loan.
Bassong gone to Wolves on loan.
Pav has been sold (sorry Hottie).
Corluka loaned.

I laughed at this. fudge me.

Didnt realize corluka had left - strange move that

Happy with saha in for pav

Can see the logic of nelson in for bassong

Dont understand corluka going

Have no feelings on pienaar leaving

Last edited:
I think things would maybe look a bit better if we hadn't got as many of the younger players out on loan. For example if pienaar's place on the bench were now bring filed by townsend or charlie/naughton or bassong/caulker then I'm guesting most people would probably be fairly content.

Might go some way to explaining why we have been looking for short term solutions.

Krasić is a right-sided midfielder/winger, noted for his powerful dribbling technique and speed. He has earned comparisons with former Juventus great, Pavel Nedvěd.

from wiki

Back