• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Out of interest do we have any RB options down the chain, i.e. younger kids? I know we could move Kaboul there but imo he's our most important CB, so unless can play King and Gallas at CB with him at RB much prefer him in the Centre.

Perhaps bentleys and jenas injuries are clearing up and the coaches think they might get some games towards by the end of the season, otherwise letting piennar go without cover seems odd.

Out of interest do we have any RB options down the chain, i.e. younger kids? I know we could move Kaboul there but imo he's our most important CB, so unless can play King and Gallas at CB with him at RB much prefer him in the Centre.

smith and bryne but they are both out on loan

Pienaar is done so now we only have Kranjcar as back up for the wide players. I'm discounting Gio as he never plays.

Now no back up right back and Walker is injured, Rose has looked iffy this season after doing well last season.

Seems silly when there is an outside chance of the title that we would deliberately leave ourselves short.

If we get a few injuries then with our tough run of fixtures we could tail away over the next few months.

Because of the nature of King and Gallas, we need a relatively good, relatively reliable (in terms of fitness) 5th choice cb. Nelsen has made one appearance this season. What we don't need is for King and Gallas to be simultaneously injured (hardly the most ridiculous scenario) and then possibly needing the 5th choice cb, only to have him in the treatment room with King and Gallas.

I meant in terms of depth

losing a player that rarely features does not 'weaken our team' as you put it. id have been surprised if he played 180 minutes (in total) between now and the end of the season

losing him slightly weakens our squad - but the way Livermore has stepped up to the plate the last couple of weeks means i have no issue losing Pienaar

I suppose the other benefit of the players we've brought in is that they'll be happy being squad players looking for a chance to prove themselves. If you have a winning team and that 'special player' isnt available then no point unsettling things.

Why did Arry tell us he pulled the plug on the Pienaar deal because of the Krasic deal but he still ends up going anyway? there must be someething more to this?

Why did Arry tell us he pulled the plug on the Pienaar deal because of the Krasic deal but he still ends up going anyway? there must be someething more to this?

images

Back