• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Listen I've said before that I didn't even care much if we didnt sign anyone but what in gods green earth was that?? We've just decided out of nowhere to loan out all our adequate cover and bring in 1 player? "Pienaar won't go out on loan as we haven't managed to get krasic". ......10 mins later he's outta there. "bassongs head is not there and he'll go when we bring nelson in"...... Ah his heads not there? SO WHY THE fudge IS GIO STILL HERE IF THAT'S THE REASON FOR BASSONG LEAVING? Oh look we have great rb cover for walker.....let's just loan the cover out. "gallas is suffering from a long term injury ".....so lets go for a player that's even more injury prone. None of it makes sense.

you make alot of sense here butthe way i see it

pav out..saha in. VERY GOOD move

pienaar out.........Niko gets game time. again a good move. lked pienaars work rate but i feel niko has mor magic. plus Gio might get more game time and who knows this could be the making of him (actually getting a chance, even though he isnt the best poster child for work ethic)

charlie out .......????? this i am not really sure about tbh. did we keep adam smith or loan him back out? i've always rated adam smith but if he isnt even here then i'm not sure about the charlie move

bassong out.....nelson in:- again its a stop gap, experienced defender..........probably not the best move on earth but i understand why it was someone like him. he could actually be a better defender with a better group of team mates than he had at black burn. i'm reaching but there it is.

our team is definitely weaker that's for sure, but the perceived heirachy in the back room I would imagine is better

Very worried that we would be silly enough to dispose of all our adequate backup in probably the most testing time of the season where players will suffer from fatigue and injuries

Listen I've said before that I didn't even care much if we didnt sign anyone but what in gods green earth was that?? We've just decided out of nowhere to loan out all our adequate cover and bring in 1 player? "Pienaar won't go out on loan as we haven't managed to get krasic". ......10 mins later he's outta there. "bassongs head is not there and he'll go when we bring nelson in"...... Ah his heads not there? SO WHY THE fudge IS GIO STILL HERE IF THAT'S THE REASON FOR BASSONG LEAVING? Oh look we have great rb cover for walker.....let's just loan the cover out. "gallas is suffering from a long term injury ".....so lets go for a player that's even more injury prone. None of it makes sense.

You sound emotional :lol: ;)

I'm very happy with the windows activities - if we had gotten Krasic in from Juve it would have been nigh-on perfect.

Saha is a good signing because we need someone who can come in when Adebayor is injured and that will allow us to play the same style. Defoe can't play up top by himself, but Saha can. He isn't going to be a world beater, but he isn't going to be asked to be. He's not even going to be asked to be a main scorer, because his job will be to hold up the ball by getting infront of defenders and bringing others in. With Bale and Modric supplying him though he may well get more than he has been getting at Everton this season. To play the lone strikers role, there are very few players that have that combination of power, pace, strength, ability in the air and technical skill. Adebayor is one such player, and Drogba would be another. There aren't many players other than Saha we could get that would be willing to come and be second choice in this system but still would have the qualities that may be able to pull it off for the occasional 20 minute run/one start in every 4 games. To get good money for Pav and replace him with someone that actually fits our system is great business. I don't care that he's old, or been crap this season. The circumstances we have here are different, and as a back up he is what we need.

Nelsen is someone who is also willing to come in as back up. He will only have to play if Dawson and Kaboul are both injured, King cannot play and if Gallas hasn't recovered yet. And if he does have to play, he has been a consistent player for years in this league anyway! And we have shipped out Bassong who has looked unreliable and didn't want to be here, so there's no problem. We have shipped out Pienaar and Corluka who weren't getting any game time too, so the sqaud that is here should all know their roles, know they need to be focussed for the next 4 months and do their job!

A player to back up Bale and Lennon would have been ideal, but we tried and it didn't come off. We have Kranjcar though who can come in, and does a better job on the right than most others that are asked to fill in there.

Fairplay on an eye tee kay actually calling something as well. JJset properly put his balls on the line and got it right, so hopefully what he says about the summer transfer window will bare some resemblence.

Look at what we are doing short term and then salivate over the players we are trying to bring in.
Remy big bid went in today but got knocked back but is good for the summer
verthonghen- lined up
hazard is up to the player but we are in with a really really good shout
Leandro - on again off again every day

The last few windows have been excellent for clearing out and replacing players with cheaper and better players. We want to buy the next superstars not loan them.

Then today..

Lots to digest after the window. We nearly also sold GDS at the death also to Sevilla but our Chairman wanted too much money.
Don't understand why people are blaming Harry for the transfer inertia as he is not that way inclined at all! He always wants players!
Transfers are all Daniel.
So the summer it is then according to the chairman.
I will update you on info when I can

Hopefully all summer deals but like most on here I can't see it all happening. If Leandro has gone up and is too expensive as is Ade we may struggle to get Hazard. He is personally keen though, as is Remy.
Verthonghen is looking good as is Mr Krul.
Harry was nervous last night that gds was going to be sold and left with no cover.
Let's see what happens

Last edited:
Harry Redknapp has revealed that Tottenham failed to bring Juventus’ Milos Krasic to White Hart Lane because the Serbian winger would only consider joining the club on a permanent deal.

Spurs negotiated with Juventus during the final day of the transfer window to bring the Serbian winger to the club on loan, but missed out on his signature as they did not have the funds to complete the deal.

The 27-year-old, who joined Juve from CSKA Moscow for ?ú12.4m in 2010, was seen as possible competition for Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon with Steven Pienaar allowed to return to Everton on loan.

But speaking after his side’s 3-1 over Wigan on Tuesday evening, Redknapp admitted that Spurs just did not have the funds to complete the signing.

“I was going to take Krasic on loan. I was interested in buying him a year ago too but he was expensive - ?ú15m,” he told Sky Sports.

“I wanted him on loan this time but he didn't want to come and wanted a permanent deal but we didn't have the money.”

This one slipped under the radar?

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1091690/Spurs-sign-Aussie-teen-star
[h=1]Spurs sign Aussie teen star[/h]
Dream deal ... Australian midfield player Giancarlo Gallifuoco has signed for Tottenham

Young Australian midfielder Giancarlo Gallifuoco has landed a dream contract with English Premier League giant Tottenham Hotspur.

Gallifuoco, 18, has signed a deal for two and a half years and will form part of Spurs' professionals (reserves) squad.

The talented player who was resigned to playing at Seymour Shaw Park in suburban Sydney this coming season now has historic White Hart Lane as his new home.

Gallifuoco was a member of Australia's under-16 team that reached the semi-finals of the Asian Championships in Uzbekistan in 2010 before he terminated his involvement with the Australian Institute of Sport to seek a professional career in Europe.

And after failing to land a deal with a number of Serie A and Serie B clubs in Italy, he has hit the jackpot with Spurs.

"I'm thrilled and I have not stopped pinching myself since Spurs offered me a contract," Gallifuoco said from London where he has started his new life as a professioanl footballer, rubbing shoulders with some of Spurs' top stars like Emmanuel Adebayor and Jermain Defoe.

"I was once told that I was not good enough and here I am on the books of one of the world's greatest clubs training with some of my heroes.

"We are the reserves side so we have to be ready to step into the first team whenever we are needed."
Gallifuoco's move to London only came about after a chance trial in December.
His move to Lazio last August hit a few snags and attempts to sign for Atalanta and Torino did not work out either.
And when it looked like his European odyssey had come to an abrupt end and he was packing his bags to return home, a family acquaintance from NSW Premier League Sutherland Sharks came to the rescue.
Gallifuoco had actually agreed to sign for the Sharks before club coaching director and his junior coach John Klappas, who has contacts with Spurs, arranged a two-week trial at the premiership giant on his way home from Italy.

Gallifuoco left such a good impression that he was offered a contract that will keep him in London till the end of 2013-2014 although he learned of Spurs' offer only after he flew back to Sydney for Christmas.
The Sharks and Gallifuoco had an agreement whereby the club would release the player if an offer in Europe came up.
"It's a dream come true for me," he said.

"Spurs said they see me as a central defender or holding midfielder.
"I would like to thank my agent David Magrone, my junior coach John and above all my father Salvatore for all he's done for me and without whom I would not be where I am today."

Gallifuoco? cant wait to hear the commentators have a go at that

i hope one day we sign right back Rod Fanni as back up to Walker

Don't understand why people are blaming Harry for the transfer inertia as he is not that way inclined at all! He always wants players!

WTF does he need all those players for anyway, he never uses them.

The money for Remy is more justifiable as I believe he is a more versatile player, and also a couple of years younger. Makes sense to me.

Makes sense yes! but then dont reply in that manner. Harry should say we did not feel he was worth the money they were asking for what he can bring to the team.

WTF does he need all those players for anyway, he never uses them.

thats why Levy has to be careful

Levy is not scared of spending money thats for sure, but as Mandaric has indicated at the trial, working with Redknapp can be difficult at times in that he always wants "2 extra players" and if Redknapp doesnt get his way he is prone to throw a childish wobbly

Cannot from a seson-long loan

Bassong and Corluka gone will make more sense in the summer when Naughton and Caulker return, but at this moment in time it is just weird. Especially as they are both on loan. I hope that Bassongs is also with a view to a perm transfer. Loaning Piennar even though he does not get to play still makes no sense to me either.

Back