• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Cant believe the reaction to the Saha signing. He isn't coming in as first choice big major signing is he? He is coming in as a much needed cover. If Ade was to get injured we have no one who can hold up the ball or win it in the air. Its quite clearly Saha or no one, so it makes sense.

And for anyone who was expecting a major signing, this is your problem, not that of HR or Levy. Was never going to happen, or a bonus if it does. Nothing to get upset about, some of you are acting like *insert random insult* (better not put what i wanted to after some girl cried about me saying his post was pathetic).

Is Saha is Defoes replacement I just won't know what to think, Harry will say he wanted to leave for the euros blah blah blah. Then Ade'll get injured tonight, Saha will fall of the running machine during his medical and be out for the season and we'll have VDV (who can't last more than 60 minutes) and Pav as our ONLY options...

Pessimistic much :) I don't think this; but it's a possibility!

Apart from Defoe came out and said that he doesn't want to leave earlier in the window and there is no way that we would weaken ourselves like that

Saha is certainly an upgrade on Pav with the way we play - my serious concern however is his injury record (and VDVs).

TBF to Pav he was very rarely not available. lets hope Saha can stay fit enought to play 20mins every 2 weeks, because if he does he a good striker who knows where the back of the net is.

Saha is certainly an upgrade on Pav with the way we play - my serious concern however is his injury record (and VDVs).

TBF to Pav he was very rarely not available. lets hope Saha can stay fit enought to play 20mins every 2 weeks, because if he does he a good striker who knows where the back of the net is.

I like Saha but the thought of him as a replacement for Defoe was the issue rather than as a replacement for Pav.

Fitness wise he has played 22 times for Everton already this season so seems to have found some fitness again.

Saha is a downgrade on Pav IMO. As a replacement for Defoe is beyond laughable.

Pav 4 goals in 12 apps, compared to 2 in 20 for Saha. Plus the fact he's permanantly crocked makes it completely pointless.

Pav 4 goals in 12 apps, compared to 2 in 20 for Saha. Plus the fact he's permanantly crocked makes it completely pointless.

Got to take into account the chances being made by the team around them. Everton haven't (from the limited amount that I've seen) been the most creative of sides for their strikers to score from but stats is stats so ....

Defoe will not be leaving, we would not sell Defoe and Pav and only bring in Saha as a replacement.

Pav's contribution to the team when he is not scoring is zero, Saha's all round game is far better and will fit in better with the system that we play. His injury record is a bit of a worry but he's played 20 games this season.

Just can't see this working, a 33 year old Saha is not what we need. We need a goal scorer and a long term signing cause come August there's no way Ade will accept what we can afford to pay in wages.
Saha isn't quick, he doesn't hold the ball up very well and he's injury prone.

i'm sure you've considered the supply and team style of play for everton compared to ours when you threw out those stats. in which case i still very much confused

Just can't see this working, a 33 year old Saha is not what we need. We need a goal scorer and a long term signing cause come August there's no way Ade will accept what we can afford to pay in wages.
Saha isn't quick, he doesn't hold the ball up very well and he's injury prone.

I'm thinking of a different player then. his hold up play with the ball on the deck is fine. he isnt fast like lennon but he can certainly run. he's faster than this Damiao character and he's faster than llorente, except llorente is like a MOAB when it comes to hold up and bullying and leandro cant even hold the ball up well if reports are true (i.e that he isnt a back to goal type player. ) ..makes you wonder why people wont mind leandro but are bitching about saha's ability (not fitness, cause they would be right)

Pav's contribution to the team when he is not scoring is zero, Saha's all round game is far better and will fit in better with the system that we play. His injury record is a bit of a worry but he's played 20 games this season.

2011/12 - 18 league appearances and 1 goal 0 assists. 942 minutes since his last league goal. World class.

Back