• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Every window you react like this

You used to have a point, when we had glaring gaps in our squad

Chill out man, and grow some

You're not disappointed? I genuinely believe we can do something truly special with a few players and we sign Saha. You don't think this is a joke? We are weaker than we were this time yesterday in my opinion. I wouldn't mind improving every window personally.

Lennons injured and we don't have a right replacement for our system; I'm glad Haarrys seen sense and is at least playing Kranjcar there instead of Squeezing Sandro in (though I love Sandro but not at the expense of our system); but I just don't think he's the right player either for how we play. If Bale gets injured we're equally screwed.

I also feel we're pretty screwed if Ade gets injured and now pretty screwed if Walker get's injured.

I just expect so much more; but often feel extremely disappointed. We'll see...

I don't get how signing players weakens us? If we swapped Defoe for Saha, I'd agree...but signing Saha and/or Rodallega is a pretty low-risk more.
I said make us better not worse. Although Hugo, to my mind, is crap. Him for Pav as 4th choice (presumably) I think makes us worse. Saha's injury record, mixed with Spurs' injury record, to me is a recipe for very few appearances.

You're not disappointed? I genuinely believe we can do something truly special with a few players and we sign Saha. You don't think this is a joke? We are weaker than we were this time yesterday in my opinion. I wouldn't mind improving every window personally.

Lennons injured and we don't have a right replacement for our system; I'm glad Haarrys seen sense and is at least playing Kranjcar there instead of Squeezing Sandro in (though I love Sandro but not at the expense of our system); but I just don't think he's the right player either for how we play. If Bale gets injured we're equally screwed.

I also feel we're pretty screwed if Ade gets injured and now pretty screwed if Walker get's injured.

I feel your expectations are too high, it never works out quite as you'd wish.

It would be nice to have 25 top players and like-for-like replacements but it doesn't really work like that.

People were GUTTED after the summer window, and now we're 3rd with a huge string of wins under our belt, so you have to give the management team a lot of credit

Please, let's not sign anyone this crappy window. It's like 2 for 1 bloody day at pounland. SSN now turned off for the evening before the Scottish Paul O'grady comes on.

Richard cracknell @crackersTHFC

Pav turned up at WHL got some personal bits and left about 30 mins ago
Pav not transfer listed ... Been a bad man and sent home

There's no point in us spending a fortune on a top striker until we know what's going on with Adebayor.
Even a second rate striker like Bobby Zamora is looking to get 90k a week.

I feel your expectations are too high, it never works out quite as you'd wish.

It would be nice to have 25 top players and like-for-like replacements but it doesn't really work like that.

People were GUTTED after the summer window, and now we're 3rd with a huge string of wins under our belt, so you have to give the management team a lot of credit

Oh definitely. Cahill almost seemed nailed on and that was disappointing; but King has surprised us all so that hasn't been felt as badly (imagine if he didn't with Gallas and Dawson injured). Parker was a good signing; but not overwhelming; no one know Brad was going to be our starter and Ade was slightly risky. Ended up being amazing for us admittedly; and hopefully this will to. But Saha... I don't know. Just can't get excited about that one. If we rely on him as much as we've relied on Pav then it won't be too bad; but just wanted class cover for Ade more than anything; think he's so important to the way play.

Finally some nads on the chopping block ITK:

JJetset

Ok here it is people.
Krasnic was off as he didnt want a loan. After i posted about Lazio it suddenly was back on again but unfortunately didnt happen.
Pienaar will now stay.
Saha (from leftfield) loan in also Ryan Nelson loan.
Bassong gone to Wolves on loan.
Pav has been sold (sorry Hottie).
Corluka loaned.

Can't quite believe we'd make ourselves this vulnerable at the back without bringing anyone else in... especially considering our defensive injury history...

Todays becoming a bit of a sick joke really. Just going to go to bed and see what nightmare i wake up to. I just can't believe, looking at where we are and the opportunity we have to do something special. We sign a GHod awful toss player (who Everton are willing to terminate the contract of); probably another average player (but that would mean 2 strikers leaving surely) and getting rid of our right back cover... fudging gobsmacking. We clearly wanted a CB, did we only have Cahill and Samba as choices? Just staggered at how we've fudged up the window; extremely disappointed; and the Saha deal makes us look a bit of a joke to be honest...

Thats pretty much a spot on post. Everytime we get to a stage we could move on to the next level we are always left wanting. We dont spend money from anyone elses bank account and we are not bank rolled by the russian mafia, nor are we in hundereds of millions pounds in yank debt. We are a well oiled machine, and we dont deviate for no money grabbing toss player, so when we cant quite cross the line in transfers I can understand why. We live in a world or mercenary toss tossers who play the game we love ran by some of the lowest form of life on this planet, I think the players call them agents. I can pretty much guarantee we get offered players and I can pretty much guarantee they will want stupid money in which we will quickly hang up. This will be the same when we enquire about a player. Either the club will shaft us with their fee, or the players scumbag agents will want money they have no justification for. We can clearly sign some great players, but we also continually shoot ourselves in the foot and the latest embarassing installment in our transfer history could be the fudgeup that is Saha. It does make us look like a joke, I'd rather we sign nobody.

Back