• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Pav isn't fit to lace Klinsmann's boots

totally agree, and thta point is not in doubt, but what I am saying is, despite that fact he is not rated very highly, you cannot ignore the fact the guy has scored a fair amount of goals for the Club

Some guesses:

Floral Dance - Cornish folk song - Eden project in Cornwall - Eden Hazard

Or it could tie in with earlier cryptic Rhododendron - Jordan Rhodes, Huddersfield (Yorkshire)

Or, Llorente. Spanish: from the personal name Llorente, vernacular form of Latin Florentius = Flowering/Blossoming/Floral

Owen Coyle has confirmed Bolton Wanderers have made a bid for Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha. However, Coyle is unsure if a deal will be done before the transfer window closes as he admits the two clubs are 'a way apart' in their valuations of the teenager.

Wolves have sent Sam Vokes on loan to Brighton and are now making a move for Nicky Maynard at Bristol City.

Luca Toni has joined Al Nassr.

West Ham close to selling Frank Nouble to Crawley Town.

[Update 57] Mystery re: Quiet at the Lodge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who Mystery
Date 30th Jan
Site Spurs Community

As I said not too long ago, we are not interested in Hoilett, only possibly Samba. Our interest is still strong on the big man, but as you've probably read in the press, Blackburn will not allow the move... This could well be just a ploy for us to dig deeper in our pockets, which DL won't do! So the chances of us getting Samba aren't that great, but who knows?

In terms of other transfers, we did show an interest in Remy but that's gone stale over the period of time.

Don't be expecting some massive last minute transfer, since Harry isn't really that bothered about us signing anyone, we would only probably get a player in, if it was another gift from DL.

There could well be a few players going out, most of which will indeed be loans for our development squad/youngsters.

That's all the info I really have, I've tried to stay away from it all this window, but met my old contact at Golf yesterday!

Peace

Is this a load of gonad*s?

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footb...striker-damiao-for-20million-102039-23724985/

Spurs offered highly-rated striker Damiao for ?ú20million

Jan 29 2012 by Tom Hopkinson, The People

TOTTENHAM have been offered Brazil striker Leandro Damiao for a knockdown ?ú20million fee.

The 22-year-old, who plays for Internacional in his homeland, is wanted in the summer by Paris St-Germain, with the newly-rich French side quoted a price of ?ú30m.

But the four-cap starÔÇÖs representatives have told Spurs he can be snapped up at the discounted fee providing they take him during this transfer window.

The 11th-hour nature of the offer does not leave Spurs chairman Daniel Levy with much time to seal a deal.

And Hotline understands there are no major plans for Spurs to make any other signings before the window shuts at 11pm on Tuesday.

Mexican misfit Giovani Dos Santos is the most likely to leave White Hart Lane, with Villarreal leading the chase.

People always say that we're running out of talent. It was only a couple of years ago that everyone was banging on that we wouldn't have an England football team once the "golden age" retire. fudge that, we might actually have a chance of winning something with the next batch, if someone keeps their egos in check!

I think maybe it is out of sorts at the moment. You have the two Spanish clubs really pooling talent. I mean, look at Kaka. A Ballon d'Or winner who isn't a given on the team sheet.

But the Germans (/Turkish :) ) are putting out some brilliant footballers in every position, Spain obviously as well and there is as much South American talent as there ever was.

You don't think there are enough strikers to go around? I can name a hat full, just from South America that we would have in the team tomorrow:

Messi
Aguero
Tevez
Alex Sanchez
De Maria
Higauin
Cavani
Suarez
Falcao
Neymar
Pato
Robinho

And that's not even mentioning players like Damiao, Hulk or Nilmar, who may make the grade as well. It's easy to get starry eyed for the past, as you don't know what surprises are up ahead. But there is as much talent as there ever was. Maybe it's a case of it being pooled by the big clubs.

Look at Real Madrid and the centre of their midfield: Kaka, Ozil, Granero all looking for the attacking/anchor role; Diarra, Alonso and Khedira all looking for the holding/defensive role. So that's 6 players at the top of their game on rotation and in amongst that they STILL have a player like Altintop sat behind all of them in extra reserve and players like Gago out on loan as he can't get a game.

If anything, it's the distribution of players now, due to distribution of wealth and associated salaries.

IMO of course :D

Talent has tailed off recently since the early 00's. This real madrid team would get battered by the galactico team. All the italian teams are weaker; united, liverpool, arsenal are weaker. The only teams that have gotten stronger are the ones with Money or Barcelona.

But the point is, how many of those players could we actually get, and how much would those players cost.

Alot of them are not even all that good, but they would still go for 60M plus, because people like Carroll are supposedly worth 35M.

That wasn't the point. Jord and Indiaspurs said that the talent didn't exist. I'm pointing out that it exists but, like you say, it is being pooled.

Carroll is a poor example. Or, rather, it is an example of the premium applied to English players. That sort of disparity doesn't really apply on the continent when speaking about such average players. ?ú35m in Spain, for example, buys you Radamel Falcao. A player who, despite a slow start, is banging them in with the same sort of strike rate in Spain as he did in Portugal.

Who is it that you think would go for ?ú60m who isn't worth the money? Only the over-hyped, like Hulk and Neymar are having price tags like that applied to them. When you look at players like de Maria and Higuain, when we are asking for ?ú50m+ for Modric and Bale, it is only right that they are probably the same sort of money.

So, as always, it comes down to the club taking a risk. Do you spend your ?ú25m on chancing Damiao's talent? Do you spend that money to try to get Huntelaar up and firing again? Do you take a punt on Rossi whilst injured? A lot of clubs will probably admit it would have been worth having a punt on Jovetic as he was coming back from injury last summer (and if reports are to be believed, Chelsea seem to think they can get him for ?ú15m).

The point is, the talent DOES exist, contrary to indiaspurs statement. The numbers involved is the hard part as, much the same as we hold clubs to ransom for our best players, so do other clubs. And the numbers are forever getting bigger and bigger.

The pooling thing is perhaps the biggest issue. Some really good players are wasting away being understudies to even better players. The fact that they don't play that much and are slightly inferior to some of their team mates probably influences my opinion of them.

Agreed - look at Piennar, Krunchie and Dos Santos for example - solid players who'd start every week elsewhere. Simply don't have the ability to get ahead of our quality midfield. Doesn't mean they're bad players per se

Is this a load of gonad*s?

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footb...striker-damiao-for-20million-102039-23724985/

Spurs offered highly-rated striker Damiao for ?ú20million

Jan 29 2012 by Tom Hopkinson, The People

TOTTENHAM have been offered Brazil striker Leandro Damiao for a knockdown ?ú20million fee.

The 22-year-old, who plays for Internacional in his homeland, is wanted in the summer by Paris St-Germain, with the newly-rich French side quoted a price of ?ú30m.

But the four-cap star’s representatives have told Spurs he can be snapped up at the discounted fee providing they take him during this transfer window.

The 11th-hour nature of the offer does not leave Spurs chairman Daniel Levy with much time to seal a deal.

And Hotline understands there are no major plans for Spurs to make any other signings before the window shuts at 11pm on Tuesday.

Mexican misfit Giovani Dos Santos is the most likely to leave White Hart Lane, with Villarreal leading the chase.

A bit thin on quotes but it goes without saying this is unlikely in the extreme. I see that other bastion of journalistic integrity, The Metro, is also running an artcle too. http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/888747-spurs-battling-psg-for-leandro-damiao-transfer

Pav + Gio out = Damiao + Hazard in. We can dream.

Talent has tailed off recently since the early 00's. This real madrid team would get battered by the galactico team. All the italian teams are weaker; united, liverpool, arsenal are weaker. The only teams that have gotten stronger are the ones with Money or Barcelona.

Give me examples then. Italian football may have taken a slide since the 90s, but that is due to money. English football is far greater now than it was in 2000. Chelsea barely existed in 2000, all that time before Abramovich.

You think that English football was better in the eary 00s? How then, have we gone from a position that Manchester was the ONLY team capable of making progress in the Champions League, to English teams dominating the final stages of the CL pretty much from 2005 and Liverpool's success, right through to current day. 2010 is the only year since Liverpool's success that an English team hasn't been involved in the final.

So there has been a shift. The top two European leagues are Primera and Premiership and no longer Serie A. And you could argue that, with the shady dealings that have plagued Italian football, it was only ever smoke and mirrors that allowed them to reach those heights originally anyway.

The Bundesliga is now a fantastic competition and even Ligue 1 in France is becoming far more entertaining to watch, with a real mix of competition for the top spot each season. If you watch the football round up programs on channels like ESPN and 5 regularly, you'll see that there is amazing talent waiting to be picked up all over the world.

What HAS happened, is that we have lost a handful of extraordinary entertainers who all played at the same time. That was born of blind luck more than anything else. To have Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Zidane all playing such expansive football during the same time. But we have plenty of players now who can keep up with the likes of Rivaldo or Figo.

Messi is an absolutely incredible talent. The only problem is, imo, he'll never excite in the same way that Ronaldo did in a Barca shirt. Ridiculous to say that a constant 30/40 a season player isn't on the same level, but from an entertainment point of view, it's probably true.

Who are these players that put such shame on todays footballing elite?

That wasn't the point. Jord and Indiaspurs said that the talent didn't exist. I'm pointing out that it exists but, like you say, it is being pooled.

Carroll is a poor example. Or, rather, it is an example of the premium applied to English players. That sort of disparity doesn't really apply on the continent when speaking about such average players. ?ú35m in Spain, for example, buys you Radamel Falcao. A player who, despite a slow start, is banging them in with the same sort of strike rate in Spain as he did in Portugal.

Who is it that you think would go for ?ú60m who isn't worth the money? Only the over-hyped, like Hulk and Neymar are having price tags like that applied to them. When you look at players like de Maria and Higuain, when we are asking for ?ú50m+ for Modric and Bale, it is only right that they are probably the same sort of money.

So, as always, it comes down to the club taking a risk. Do you spend your ?ú25m on chancing Damiao's talent? Do you spend that money to try to get Huntelaar up and firing again? Do you take a punt on Rossi whilst injured? A lot of clubs will probably admit it would have been worth having a punt on Jovetic as he was coming back from injury last summer (and if reports are to be believed, Chelsea seem to think they can get him for ?ú15m).

The point is, the talent DOES exist, contrary to indiaspurs statement. The numbers involved is the hard part as, much the same as we hold clubs to ransom for our best players, so do other clubs. And the numbers are forever getting bigger and bigger.

Of course talent exists. But I agree with them that its less. I use England as my point again. There are no English players being stockpiled, the talent is not there, to the level it has been in the past. Which is why Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Rio, Terry, A Cole etc are still considered the countries best players.

Of course talent exists. But I agree with them that its less. I use England as my point again. There are no English players being stockpiled, the talent is not there, to the level it has been in the past. Which is why Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Rio, Terry, A Cole etc are still considered the countries best players.

This depresses me!

by who?

Hart, Walker, Cahill, Parker, Milner, Phil Jones, Rodwell, Johnson and Wellbeck just beat Spain, while Lampard, Rio and Terry are far past their best years, and Rooney will be the only one of the older guard to be a automatic starter.

Agreed - look at Piennar, Krunchie and Dos Santos for example - solid players who'd start every week elsewhere. Simply don't have the ability to get ahead of our quality midfield. Doesn't mean they're bad players per se

Definitely, these are players that should be at a mid table club, giving their supporters something to cheer about compared to some of the dross that's being served up, just surviving.

Back