• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

So to summarise - no one has seen him enough to make an informed decision so he can either be very good or dog-brick - depending on what agenda you wish to pedal

Lokomotiv Moscow have re-entered the race to sign Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko.
The Russian club have already had a ?ú6.5million bid rejected for the 30-year-old but have formally submitted a new bid, believed to be worth about ?ú8m.
A move to Queens Park Rangers, mooted before Christmas, would have suited him, but Spurs are believed to have scared off their rivals by asking for more than ?ú10m

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...enko-join-Lokomotiv-Moscow.html#ixzz1kSby74HR

cant believe we turned down 6.5 mill:confused:

Basically because 99% of people are not well informed enough to know whether or not he is a good (or 'the right') buy.

So are in essence getting excited only for the sake of spending money. Not for the acquisition of a player that will improve us.

How many have really seen this kid well enough to judge? Well enough to know his game and how he would fit in? Thats on top of the assumption he wont need to climatise and will somehow come in and hit the ground running...

thats going on what you and others know. how about the trust in Harry, whats his strike rate for players that we need or players that he gets that actually have a good benefit to our team?

if harry wants this guy and is willing to spend big money on him then chances are that he'll be a very impactful player in a positive sense

i just trust harry in that regard personally.

You don't need to be informed to have an opinion - however its validity would be greatly influenced by your background knowledge of the situation, which in this case is rather limited

How many people had watched Sandro before he signed?

I watched him after we'd signed him and knew we were bringing in very good defensive midfielder.

Although I also had to play down GutterBoy's 'more athletic version of Huddlestone' analysis.

thats going on what you and others know. how about the trust in Harry, whats his strike rate for players that we need or players that he gets that actually have a good benefit to our team?

if harry wants this guy and is willing to spend big money on him then chances are that he'll be a very impactful player in a positive sense

i just trust harry in that regard personally.

I trust Harry to spot a good player. I have reservations about his ability to always spot the right player. If we get the lad I hope he is the cream of the crop and exactly what we need, I have no issue with that at all.

What I have issue with is the common belief that Leandro is the cure to all our ills based on nothing but gossip and media links

He's considerably more mobile than Hudd - how is that not accurate?

He's more agile in his tackles, his pressing is more aggresive

His passing comes short a little, granted

You guys are suckers for GB's gospel and love to discredit anything he writes based on old prejudice and some Arshavin flimflam ITK

Just because it came from him doesn't mean it's automatically wrong by default. Unless of course you're part of the witch-hunt which draws pride in daily abuse and continuos provocation combined with snide remark towards a poster who's never said zilch to anyone

You guys are suckers for GB's gospel and love to discredit anything he writes based on old prejudice and some Arshavin flimflam ITK

Just because it came from him doesn't mean it's automatically wrong by default. Unless of course you're part of the witch-hunt which draws pride in daily abuse and continuos provocation combined with snide remark towards a poster who's never said zilch to anyone

I've never verbally abused Gutter Boy, and I very rarely respond to his posts - no matter what I think of them.

Sandro is more mobile than Huddlestone (although I think even people who hadn't watched a seconds footage of Sandro could have guessed that). But they aren't comparable in terms of what they provide to the team.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7453304/

Villarreal have confirmed that they are in advanced negotiations with Tottenham over the signing of Mexican forward Giovani Dos Santos.

The 22-year-old Mexican international has failed to establish himself since arriving at White Hart Lane in the summer of 2008 from Barcelona.

This season he has been used principally by Harry Redknapp in domestic and European Cup competitions, contributing a couple of goals against Shamrock Rovers and Cheltenham.

However, it seems Dos Santos is now ready to bring an end to his time in North London with Villarreal hopeful of completing a deal before the close of the transfer window, although La Liga rivals Espanyol and Granada are also thought to be interested.

"The negotiations are well on the way and it seems like the player wants to come to Villarreal," said the Spanish outfit's vice president Jose Manuel Llaneza.

"The deal is not finalised, but we expect a solution by the weekend. Villarreal needs more attacking players."

Back