• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

You guys are suckers for GB's gospel and love to discredit anything he writes based on old prejudice and some Arshavin flimflam ITK

Just because it came from him doesn't mean it's automatically wrong by default. Unless of course you're part of the witch-hunt which draws pride in daily abuse and continuos provocation combined with snide remark towards a poster who's never said zilch to anyone

I don't condone bullying in the slightest, but he does seem to I need TP for my bunghole himself. For example, he insisted that Gervinho is a right winger when, if you've watched him play for Lille or Ivory Coast you'll know that he is usually deployed on the left or as a forward. Now, apparently Remy is a right winger as well when he's clearly a striker. I can't think of a single time I've seen Remy on the wing. Defoe is a flat track bully? I don't even know what that means!

It doesn't bother me, but if you're going to come out with such definite and verbose statements about players, and you're probably wrong, then you should expect to see people get bothered by it.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7453304/

Villarreal have confirmed that they are in advanced negotiations with Tottenham over the signing of Mexican forward Giovani Dos Santos.

The 22-year-old Mexican international has failed to establish himself since arriving at White Hart Lane in the summer of 2008 from Barcelona.

This season he has been used principally by Harry Redknapp in domestic and European Cup competitions, contributing a couple of goals against Shamrock Rovers and Cheltenham.

However, it seems Dos Santos is now ready to bring an end to his time in North London with Villarreal hopeful of completing a deal before the close of the transfer window, although La Liga rivals Espanyol and Granada are also thought to be interested.

"The negotiations are well on the way and it seems like the player wants to come to Villarreal," said the Spanish outfit's vice president Jose Manuel Llaneza.

"The deal is not finalised, but we expect a solution by the weekend. Villarreal needs more attacking players."

It was never going to happen for Dos Santos at Spurs. I hope this goes through and the best of luck to him. The Spanish lifestyle will suit him.

Near the top of my list of favourite strikers is Rossi. I wonder how far he is from recovery and if we could leverage something from this Dos Santos deal in terms of buying him at some point.

If Pav and Dos Santos are on the way out we must have someone lined up.

I trust Harry to spot a good player. I have reservations about his ability to always spot the right player. If we get the lad I hope he is the cream of the crop and exactly what we need, I have no issue with that at all.

What I have issue with is the common belief that Leandro is the cure to all our ills based on nothing but gossip and media links

i'm yet to see anyone say that. though granted i havent been here as often as i'd used to, but from what i can tell is that leandro is an upgrade on the striking pool. which is what we need right now isnt it? someone to help us carry the momenttum we have with ade in our team, be it as a lone striker or in a 442 mesh

probably only a handful of players in the world would be a cure to all our ills at this moment in time so the liklehood of an obscure figure being something even close to that generic description i would think not likely

what i do know is that if harry is interested, i'm interested (to a degree)

Last edited:
Lokomotiv Moscow have re-entered the race to sign Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko.
The Russian club have already had a ?ú6.5million bid rejected for the 30-year-old but have formally submitted a new bid, believed to be worth about ?ú8m.
A move to Queens Park Rangers, mooted before Christmas, would have suited him, but Spurs are believed to have scared off their rivals by asking for more than ?ú10m

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...enko-join-Lokomotiv-Moscow.html#ixzz1kSby74HR

cant believe we turned down 6.5 mill:confused:

If we get more than ?ú10m for a 30 year old Pav, Levy is a fudging genius!

More likely, though, is that we hold out for a fairytale amount of money and end up moving him on for pitance or even free when his contract is up. I don't understand why Levy is so stubborn at times. His insistence on squeezing out every last penny does us no good. Both coming in and going out. Look at Bentley, we could have had ?ú6m for him a couple seasons ago. Now, we'll never see a penny for him, and Pav may go the same way.

The Russians have offered ?ú8.5m? Bite their freaking arm off!

More likely, though, is that we hold out for a fairytale amount of money and end up moving him on for pitance or even free when his contract is up. I don't understand why Levy is so stubborn at times. His insistence on squeezing out every last penny does us no good. Both coming in and going out. Look at Bentley, we could have had ?ú6m for him a couple seasons ago. Now, we'll never see a penny for him, and Pav may go the same way.

The Russians have offered ?ú8.5m? Bite their freaking arm off!

Villarreal have confirmed that they are in advanced negotiations with Tottenham over the signing of Mexican forward Giovani Dos Santos.

hmm...This one has got eventually biting us on the arse written all over it for me.

With Gio and Townsend leaving this transfer window we've lost what little back up we had in terms of genuine pace, which is supposedly one of the most important things to our game...

I don't condone bullying in the slightest, but he does seem to I need TP for my bunghole himself. For example, he insisted that Gervinho is a right winger when, if you've watched him play for Lille or Ivory Coast you'll know that he is usually deployed on the left or as a forward. Now, apparently Remy is a right winger as well when he's clearly a striker. I can't think of a single time I've seen Remy on the wing. Defoe is a flat track bully? I don't even know what that means!

It doesn't bother me, but if you're going to come out with such definite and verbose statements about players, and you're probably wrong, then you should expect to see people get bothered by it.
He also referred to christen poulsen as a "carrick type cm that sprays balls around" , his former Sevilla cm partner as "mekelele type dm" (he's an attacking cm btw), and negredo as a ( berbatov type forward" ( he's a poacher btw). I remember our resident Sevilla fan even correcting him at the time but he still persisted with it(well actually he ignored both my posts and the Sevilla fans post). In general though I like GB as he never insults anyone or takes things too seriously but I honestly don't believe he's seen a chunk of the players he talks about( or sees them once and acts as if he's seen them far more).

hmm...This one has got eventually biting us on the arse written all over it for me.

With Gio and Townsend leaving this transfer window we've lost what little back up we had in terms of genuine pace, which is supposedly one of the most important things to our game...

He's like 5th choice in every position he plays, up front or out wide. Unless Bale, Lennon, Pienaar, VDV AND Kranjcar get injured he won't be starting.

Basically because 99% of people are not well informed enough to know whether or not he is a good (or 'the right') buy.

So are in essence getting excited only for the sake of spending money. Not for the acquisition of a player that will improve us.

How many have really seen this kid well enough to judge? Well enough to know his game and how he would fit in? Thats on top of the assumption he wont need to climatise and will somehow come in and hit the ground running...

But that applies to almost every player we are linked with. How many had written off Parker before he had arrived? Surely a lack of watching him play couldn't have been an excuse for those judgements. Despite watching quite a lot of football I know full well that I am limited in what I can say about a player, how they might fit in etc. I would think you would say the same about yourself.

POTL on COYS
Posted under the Title
Good Luck Gio
Never quite worked out for the lad here, nice guy though and trained hard. Being back in the sun will do him good.

POTL

But that applies to almost every player we are linked with. How many had written off Parker before he had arrived? Surely a lack of watching him play couldn't have been an excuse for those judgements. Despite watching quite a lot of football I know full well that I am limited in what I can say about a player, how they might fit in etc. I would think you would say the same about yourself.

My point is not that people can make the wrong judgement, its that people make judgement based upon little or no real experience/observation.

Parker was largely slated due to ignorance, people didnt like that he was from West Ham or that he had rejected us in the past. Those who actually judged him on footballing merit (that they were able to do so based upon having seen him play) saw that he would be a decent addition to the squad.

I KNOW I am ignorant to Leandros attributes and abilities. I am in no position to say whether or not he is a good player, or a player who would suit our style of play. Therefore I would never dream of saying we should buy him, of crowing about his potential signing or having him on a hypothetical list of striking targets I believe Spurs should go for.

And yet many on here do exactly that. It seems foolish to me.

Aren't they facing a real threat of being relegated this season?

How about Rossi in the other direction

It seems to be going desperately wrong for them.

Which is a shame as I quite like them. And a real bonus because they could be ripe for a plundering!

Rossi is injured, they are in the financial and football brick - would be a potential gamble, but also the ideal time to grab a bargain

I KNOW I am ignorant to Leandros attributes and abilities. I am in no position to say whether or not he is a good player, or a player who would suit our style of play. Therefore I would never dream of saying we should buy him, of crowing about his potential signing or having him on a hypothetical list of striking targets I believe Spurs should go for.

This was my earlier point having seen many posters excited about that (false) rumour

I think most of us are really desperate for a quality signing so we're clutching at straws

Last edited:
My point is not that people can make the wrong judgement, its that people make judgement based upon little or no real experience/observation.

Parker was largely slated due to ignorance, people didnt like that he was from West Ham or that he had rejected us in the past. Those who actually judged him on footballing merit (that they were able to do so based upon having seen him play) saw that he would be a decent addition to the squad.

Very fair points. I have seen a bit of Leandro mainly because I have a mate who constantly raves about him. But I could never say he will be the answer, same with Remy and especially someone like Llorente who even though I have watched now and again, could no way say if he is as good as some seem to think. Indeed, the Diego saga a few years back is a great example of how many fans raved about him as if he was the next Pele. I agree on Parker. Sometimes it is about whether a player is, or rather sounds, cool than whether they might improve our team. Thankfully Harry was spot on with his desire to get Parker in as a priority.

NB: but to add to what Arcspace says, I agree that most of us are looking for a signing. I am guilty on that, but only because I think we have a great opportunity to do something special. But that is not to say that means we should get someone purely for the sake of it.

Which is a shame as I quite like them. And a real bonus because they could be ripe for a plundering!

Rossi is injured, they are in the financial and football brick - would be a potential gamble, but also the ideal time to grab a bargain

I have no idea why Rossi wanted to stay at Villarreal in the summer, they sold all their best players, is he on massive money there? Would love him at Spurs, getting him either now or in the summer would be great.

Villarreal is a crazier situation than Saudi Sportswashing Machine going down. They have been good in Europe in recent years and even challanged for the Spanish title a couple years ago!

If there's a chance on Rossi, I reckon that he could be the player we are looking for. A real threat on goal in most situations.

Back