• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

It was never going to happen for Dos Santos at Spurs. I hope this goes through and the best of luck to him. The Spanish lifestyle will suit him.

Near the top of my list of favourite strikers is Rossi. I wonder how far he is from recovery and if we could leverage something from this Dos Santos deal in terms of buying him at some point.

If Pav and Dos Santos are on the way out we must have someone lined up.

POTL on COYS
Posted under the Title
Good Luck Gio
Never quite worked out for the lad here, nice guy though and trained hard. Being back in the sun will do him good.

POTL

Hmm...although this is eerily similar to my post I can state with 98.2% conviction that I am not POTL. I could be a schizophrenic I suppose.

Sunflower (Helianthus annuus) is an annual plant native to the Americas. It possesses a large inflorescence (flowering head), huge, fiery blooms, whose shape and image is often used to depict the sun. The sunflower has a rough, hairy stem, broad, coarsely toothed, rough leaves and circular heads of flowers..

just what we need

By the way Phantom, it would be far more ITK to break the transfer story before the media than to congratulate yourself ambiguously that you knew about it after the fact.

Sunflower (Helianthus annuus) is an annual plant native to the Americas. It possesses a large inflorescence (flowering head), huge, fiery blooms, whose shape and image is often used to depict the sun. The sunflower has a rough, hairy stem, broad, coarsely toothed, rough leaves and circular heads of flowers..

just what we need

resigning Scumbell as CB cover??!!! Sun = Sol Helianthus anus just about sums him up

Villarreal is a crazier situation than Saudi Sportswashing Machine going down. They have been good in Europe in recent years and even challanged for the Spanish title a couple years ago!

If there's a chance on Rossi, I reckon that he could be the player we are looking for. A real threat on goal in most situations.

I agree if we can get him then it would be an outstanding signing but I think sunday has shown us that we definitely need a strong, bigger addition too seen as we play with VDV + 1. That really is the only thing I think we need to do in the summer......clearout the deadwood like Pavlyuchenko, Dos Santos (if he hasnt gone), Bassong, Jenas' contract runs out, Bentley might be in the same boat so there is scope for freeing up wages and bringing in some funds. Get Rossi and Adebayor in and straight away we have again upgraded without massively overspending in net terms.

Villarreal's vice president Jose Manuel Llaneza: " Villarreal needs more attacking players."

I think Nilmar has been linked to us, his agent apparently saying he hasn't been paid for 3 months.

They aren't going to sell their only half-decent forward when they.

Not convinced by Nilmar either. His pretty much a Defoe.

How about Rossi in the other direction

His injury is pretty bad. For a player for whom pace was so important, there's got to be questions about if he'll be able to return to the same level. It would be a massive risk to sign him before he comes back next season and tests how the rehab has gone. Excellent player though.

So who thinks that Harry is holding out on buying a CB as he wants to get Caulker into the squad in the summer?

I have no idea why Rossi wanted to stay at Villarreal in the summer, they sold all their best players, is he on massive money there? Would love him at Spurs, getting him either now or in the summer would be great.

I heard an interview with him a year or so back and he said that he basically loves the club, the place and the lifestyle and he'd never leave. And for once I actually believed it was not the usual horsebrick that players come out with.

In saying that, the interview was before he got injured and Villareal got in trouble so he may have changed his mind, or the club might need to sell him irrespective of hs desire to stay.

By the way Phantom, it would be far more ITK to break the transfer story before the media than to congratulate yourself ambiguously that you knew about it after the fact.

How could people possibly trust a news story that hasn't been approved by POTL himself?

Has there ever been a slower transfer window? Aside from the MLS loans nobody has done a fudging thing?!

Most clubs have too many players on high wages and can't afford to go into the market. Everybody needs to sell before they can buy, but nobody wants to pay the asking prices or give the players the wages they're asking for. Apart from the loans and a couple of bargain bin purchases it's only QPR and Chelsea that are desperate to spend.

It's been happening for a while, the clubs that aren't loaded have overspent on wages trying to compete. Clubs like Swansea and Norwich, and Blackpool last season, are the future, not the Boltons and the Blackburns.

Most clubs have too many players on high wages and can't afford to go into the market. Everybody needs to sell before they can buy, but nobody wants to pay the asking prices or give the players the wages they're asking for. Apart from the loans and a couple of bargain bin purchases it's only QPR and Chelsea that are desperate to spend.

It's been happening for a while, the clubs that aren't loaded have overspent on wages trying to compete. Clubs like Swansea and Norwich, and Blackpool last season, are the future, not the Boltons and the Blackburns.

Good point and it is refreshing to see clubs like Norwich and Swansea having success without spending beyond their means. On the other hand it does make for some dull transfer windows this summer was relatively quiet as well.

Back