• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Shaqiri's move to Galatasaray has fallen through as they couldn't come up with the money needed (€15 million).

SSN have never reported that, just some idiot on twitter claiming they have and now everyone takes it as gospel. GHod twitter is brick.

SSN have never reported that, just some idiot on twitter claiming they have and now everyone takes it as gospel. GHod twitter is brick.

I hate twitter anyway. How irritating. Didn't some idiot journo fall foul of court reporting in Harry trial for revealing a jurors name? What baffles me is how so many idiots using twitter think they are a)anoymous and b) immune from any accountability for what they say.

I'm deadly serious, apparently we're opening talks.

I'd say I'm not going to get my hopes up but it happens everytime...:(

I don't think Damiao is realistic, there was probably a chance to get him early on but it would have been too much of a risk...Missed the boat on this one I feel.

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Sunderland have taken 19-year-old Enoch Balotelli, brother of Emirates Marketing Project striker Mario, on trial.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Blackburn are asking for at least ?ú3.5m for Argentine playmaker Mauro Formica - with Olympiakos' attempts to get the 23-year-old on the cheap set for failure.
Full story: Lancashire Telegraph

United States international defender Tim Ream, 24, should be a Bolton player by the end of the week.
Full story: Bolton News

Aston Villa look set to release 34-year-old striker Emile Heskey on a free in the summer.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Arsenal winger Theo Walcott's 19-year-old cousin Jacob, currently with Reading, could be set for a move to Holland if he impresses in a trial game for Utrecht.
Full story: talkSPORT

Liverpool reportedly have made an offer for ?ú15m-rated Udinese and Chile international midfielder Mauricio Isla, 23.
Full story: Daily Star

The Reds are also believed to have opened talks with FC Groningen over 20-year-old striker David Texeira, as manager Kenny Dalglish steps up his transfer activity in the closing stages of the window.
Full story: Metro

Esteban Granero is "100%" committed to Real Madrid and will not be joining Liverpool this month, according to the 24-year-old's management team.
Full story: International Business Times

Wolves' 23-year-old winger Adam Hammill has emerged as a shock transfer target for Wigan.
Full story: Wigan Evening Post

Wigan striker Hugo Rodallega, 26, has confirmed he wants to leave the Premier League strugglers and is considering his options.
Full story: Sky Sports

The Daily Express are also reporting that the Latics have agreed a ?ú2m deal to sign 25-year-old Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard.
Full story: Daily Express

Galatasaray have failed in their bid to land Manchester United target Xherdan Shaqir - the 20-year-old winger plays for FC Basel.
Full story: talkSPORT

Norwich are telling clubs that their 30-year-old striker Grant Holt is not for sale - at any price.
Full story: the Sun

Goalkeeper Michel Vorm, 28, has dismissed speculation linking him with a move away from the Liberty Stadium, insisting he and Swansea are a perfect fit.
Full story: South Wales Evening Post

Defender Danny Collins's exit from Stoke may not be signed and sealed after all, with manager Tony Pulis stating that the 31-year-old could remain in his plans.
Full story: Stoke Sentinel

Emirates Marketing Project are believed to be locked in a transfer tussle with Serie A giants Juventus for 16-year-old Willem II striker Jeroen Lumu, who became the club's youngest ever scorer earlier this season.
Full story: Inside Futbol

OTHER GOSSIP
Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish has confirmed that "something like 10" of the club's players have been contacted about their possible participation at this summer's Olympic Games.
Full story: ESPN

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy says he will continue to get the support he needs from the club's chief executive Steve Morgan to bring in new signings - if the right men become available.
Full story: Birmingham Mail

New Norwich midfielder Jonny Howson, 23, admits leaving Leeds, the club he loves, was the hardest decision of his life.
Full story: Eastern Daily Press

Outgoing German Football Association president Theo Zwanziger has reportedly said that it is time for gay footballers to come out. The 66-year-old has called on gay players "to have the courage to declare themselves," although he conceded it was certainly difficult to acknowledge one's homosexuality within a team.
Full story: Washington Post

Despite going out of the Carling Cup at the hands of Cardiff on Tuesday night, Crystal Palace manager Dougie Freedman looks set to be offered a new deal at Selhurst Park.
Full story: London Evening Standard

AND FINALLY
Aleksandr Geynrikh was dealt a double dose of embarrassment during Uzbekistan Under-23's friendly loss against Zenit St Petersburg - firstly by bungling a penalty routine, then firing his second attempt over the bar.
Full story: Metro

Dodged a bullet thankfully, despite many on here wanting him.
I guess the sound of clubs doors in Italy, Germany, Spain and England slamming shut on him speaks volumes about his ability.

Absolutely this

Nothing player on a good run of form in a mediocre club = i.e. the Yak

Forrest urged to ignore Spurs

SFA keen to see winger stay at Parkhead for first-team football

Last Updated: January 24, 2012 8:11pm

Celtic winger James Forrest has been urged to ignore reported interest from Tottenham in order to continue his development at Parkhead.

The Scotland international has drawn attention from Harry Redknapp, who said: "He's a player we have watched, but he belongs to Celtic."

However, Scottish Football Association performance director Mark Wotte thinks the 20-year-old would be better served playing regular football for Celtic.

"The worst thing that can happen to him is that he could sign for an English Premier League club and not play," Wotte told Sky Sports News. "That could stop his development.

"It's up to Jamie Forrest and his family, and up to Celtic whether they want to sell him or not.

Experience

"I've listened to him and he says very clever things, I don't think we need to worry about Jamie Forrest."

Wotte's thoughts were echoed by former Celtic midfielder Barry Robson, now at Middlesbrough.

He said: "I would like him to stay at Celtic a wee bit longer and ply his trade, maybe get Celtic back in Europe and get some big-game experience.

"He's got plenty of time to go down and show his talents down south.

"I remember when I was at Celtic and he was a young kid just coming in and I was impressed with him right away. I looked at him and thought, 'he's got a real chance, this kid'.

"He's just progressing more and more. When he's been with Scotland squads, he seems very grounded, very down-to-earth and he's got a big, big future ahead of him."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7452721/Forrest-urged-to-ignore-Spurs

Even if were true is he the kind of player we really need?

Marin's primarily a left-winger, and we really need a right one, as we have better cover for Bale than we do for Lennon. So probably not.

How many have seen Leandro play live or on TV during a 90 mins game?

First time he was ever mentioned in relation to us was when I started a thread here about him after watching him make his Brazil debut against Scotland (and noting that he looked a decent #9 and played for our feeder club). He only seems to have got better since then.

First time he was ever mentioned in relation to us was when I started a thread here about him after watching him make his Brazil debut against Scotland (and noting that he looked a decent #9 and played for our feeder club). He only seems to have got better since then.

Another words you've seen him once.

From what I've seen he isn't a patch on Adebayor in terms of team play. More like an improved version of Pav.

the comedy is lost on the key board strokes. it was a joking way to say "really? where did you hear that from? i'm desperate for a good rumour"

playing devils advocate, why wouldnt someone be happy we're pulling the trigger on a multi million pound signing under redknapp?

Basically because 99% of people are not well informed enough to know whether or not he is a good (or 'the right') buy.

So are in essence getting excited only for the sake of spending money. Not for the acquisition of a player that will improve us.

How many have really seen this kid well enough to judge? Well enough to know his game and how he would fit in? Thats on top of the assumption he wont need to climatise and will somehow come in and hit the ground running...

Another words you've seen him once.

From what I've seen he isn't a patch on Adebayor in terms of team play. More like an improved version of Pav.

a hard working, improved version of Pav would be quite handy imv....would certainly improve our striking options

Back