• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Bassong and Corluka left because they weren't happy not getting any games nor any chance of getting a game.
Should Harry have done more to keep them happy?

Pav, Corluka and Bassong out, upgraded to Saha and Nelsen. What a great window, I couldnt have even dreamt of such riches at the start of January!!

Nelson_haha.jpg

oh the irony...

Is it possible that with the new stadium project we simply don't have any spare cash? If the aim of this window was to raise a few million in transfer fees while keeping the wage bill down then mission accomplished.

It is a fair question, and will drain resources for some time. The cover argument for that is the players weren't available but we tried (see Remy failed bid). My feeling is that the issue of Harry and court case/England job is also a major factor.

domstirling12 on Twitter: "Re 2324. As a #BRFC fan, gutted about Nelsen to spurs, club captain and legend, disgusted with Venkys even more!"

Sky suggetsing Pienaar back to Everton? That would confirm fears about actively weakening our squad. Hope it isn't true because I feel he could get a few games if injuries persist.

Agree on first point. No guarantee he hands aren't tied, but I will always back out players. I'd love Saha to come in an score a hatful. But nothing wrong with asking questions, supporting isn't about blind trust.

Problem around here is blind doubt. For reasons some of which are beyond their control, Bassong and Pav have contributed nothing to us this season. So Nelson and Saha can't be any less than that, lets just see.

Were 3rd in the league, 5 points off 1st, in the last 16 of the FA Cup, 13 points clear of Arsenal, 7 points clear of Chelsea, flying high playing great football, best squad weve had for years and all you lot can do is moan, moan, moan

Not many if any decent transfers happen in January, im sure we tried but things didnt happen

Lets get behind the players we have and the players we have got in, COYS

Spot on, COYS

Is there still time to send Ade back to City, loan Scotty to West Ham, and give Bale to Barca on a free???

i wouldn't have been bothered if no signings had been made tbh - but, as it stands we have greatly improved our back up to Adebayor (IMO, obviously) and swapped a 5th choice CB who has trouble with slotting in to the team with an experienced premiership CB

overall there has been an improvement to the squad

Corluka out on loan is the most disturbing change.
Saha for Pav? Meh.
Nelsen ? Maybe he's one of these triffic leaders who's great to have around the place.

Posted on the BBC...

From anonymous Tottenham fan, via text: "Re Rory in Leeds about Ryan Nelsen. A lot of Spurs fans were disappointed with the summer activity and look how that's paid off. If Harry Redknapp says a player is good enough, that's all the convincing I need.

Back