• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

You guys don't know the truth, none of us do

Perhaps Nelsen got the all clear from his knee
Perhaps he is an awesome leader off the pitch and brings a lot to the dressing room
Perhaps Gallas has been given the all clear
Perhaps we have done a deal for Samba but agreed not to complete til the summer and to take Nelsen to tide us over
Perhaps Defoe was off to Pool and we suddenly needed to get a Prem striker with Pav going
Perhaps perhaps perhaps
At this particular moment I find the Nelsen transfer puzzling, although I don't know all the details. All I can assume is that Bassong didn't want to spend another season on the bench - and that we needed to bring someone in within a short timescale.

I'm not going to slate the bloke until he puts the shirt on.

Complete joke of a window really, I can get over Pav for Saha but fudging Ryan Nelsen. He's past it physically, cant even get in a Blackburn side who are going to get relegated.

We have sold or loaned out pretty much our entire back up or reserves over the last 2 windows, our squad looks so weak.

Harry has forgotten more than you lot know about football, back his judgement on players and get behind them 100%

Agree on first point. No guarantee he hands aren't tied, but I will always back out players. I'd love Saha to come in an score a hatful. But nothing wrong with asking questions, supporting isn't about blind trust.

Harry has forgotten more than you lot know about football, back his judgement on players and get behind them 100%

Ferguson has won more trophies than our entire club and yet he has signed Bebe, Kleberson and Djemba Djemba. What's your point? Redknapp isn't infallible.

Ferguson has won more trophies than our entire club and yet he has signed Bebe, Kleberson and Djemba Djemba. What's your point? Redknapp isn't infallible.

Exactly. We've had plenty of 'professional managers' who have bought absolute dross. A lot of it gets bought last minute.

I know he's not a big name but let's just trust the manager and chairman that has given us our best start to a Premier League season.
I can live with not having big name signings. I can't live with getting rid of our only right back cover and replacing Bassong with RYAN NELSEN. Jesus wept.

Were 3rd in the league, 5 points off 1st, in the last 16 of the FA Cup, 13 points clear of Arsenal, 7 points clear of Chelsea, flying high playing great football, best squad weve had for years and all you lot can do is moan, moan, moan

Not many if any decent transfers happen in January, im sure we tried but things didnt happen

Lets get behind the players we have and the players we have got in, COYS

Is it possible that with the new stadium project we simply don't have any spare cash? If the aim of this window was to raise a few million in transfer fees while keeping the wage bill down then mission accomplished.

Were 3rd in the league, 5 points off 1st, in the last 16 of the FA Cup, 13 points clear of Arsenal, 7 points clear of Chelsea, flying high playing great football, best squad weve had for years and all you lot can do is moan, moan, moan

Not many if any decent transfers happen in January, im sure we tried but things didnt happen

Bang on the money. What are some of you 5??

I completely get that signing top class players is incredibly difficult, particularly in January. I'm perfectly fine with no big signing. My problem is that we have actively made our squad worse.

Who said we won't get behind the players? I'm hardly going to sit there booing Nelson if he comes on when I'm at whl am I?

If we can't do decent transfers, then don't bother. And don't allow the depth of the defence to be comprimised.

Trying but not much happening is a theme over past two windows. But lets be clear just because people express frustration at aspects of the decisions, it does not mean they are also not aware of just how incredible things have gone during 2011. I am delighted with where we are and will always support ou players so let's not use that card all the time when someone expresses a criticial or questioning view. I just want us to protect and build on what we are doing, and sadly I do fear us being short and exposing the fact that our much heralded squad depth is not as great as often portrayed even if our first team is the best it has been in my lifetime.

Bassong has barely played this season, even with all the injuries we've had. Obviously not a favorite with Harry and I don't see the big deal now that Dawson is fit and King and Gallas manage to play on a semi regular basis.

We've been relatively lucky with injuries in defence actually. King has played far more than we thought he would, Walker and BAE have been basically ever-presents and at least one of Kaboul, Dawson and Gallas have always been available.

I don't disagree and would rather someone younger/better, but he's really not going to play that much is he? Nelsen will be happy on the bench and will be a good one for the training ground. I don't see that we're missing out on much getting rid of Bassong. I think Bassong is a better player, but he never plays and doesn't want to be at Spurs.

Well, I don't know. King and Gallas are just seconds away from breaking down for months and Dawson seems good for at least one long injury per season now. It doesn't really matter what the players want at the moment, Kranjcar seems like he's been trying to get out for about 2 years now yet we keep him for the squad.

I think we are just complaining because our squad, as Hoot says, has been compromised.

For example, today walker comes off if its a one or two game injury then who do we put at right back? Kaboom? then our central defence is compromised.

Yeah a couple of these players may have wanted to leave but a) tell them to stay put, like how we kept modric, b) tell them you can leave at the end of the season.

I completely get that signing top class players is incredibly difficult, particularly in January. I'm perfectly fine with no big signing. My problem is that we have actively made our squad worse.

Completely agree. Nelsen deal has gone through according to SSN.

Back