• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Cant believe we're going to potentially have to move our best CB this season (Kaboom) to RB given that we've loaned out our RB cover

All the reaction to Saha and Nelsen reminds me of that to Parker and Friedel. This ain't Football Manager.

Thing is, those other signings had logic behind them. I've been behind every single one of those signings. The positives of Gallas (still an absolutely class defender, trophy winning experience), Parker (leadership and steel in the centre) and Friedel (calmness in goal after the erratic nature of Gomes) were very very clear.

Even Saha I can just about get on board with. Pav is brick. Saha used to be very good (though he is now both injury prone and nowhere near the same player he previously was). But Nelsen? Bloody Nelsen? He's made one appearance this season.

This was a good opportunity to strengthen and consolidate our position in the top 4/3. Pav for Saha, Corluka for no-one and Nelsen for Bassong leaves our squad actually weaker than it was when we began the window.

Well we already have decent number 2 CBs in Dawson and Kaboul. Problem is someone to lead the back, very important with our relatively young back four.
I guess Harry is hoping that King/Gallas/Nelson might be able to contribute the remaining 15 games between them.

You guys don't know the truth, none of us do

Perhaps Nelsen got the all clear from his knee
Perhaps he is an awesome leader off the pitch and brings a lot to the dressing room
Perhaps Gallas has been given the all clear
Perhaps we have done a deal for Samba but agreed not to complete til the summer and to take Nelsen to tide us over
Perhaps Defoe was off to Pool and we suddenly needed to get a Prem striker with Pav going
Perhaps perhaps perhaps

And Kaboul has been our best defender this season by quite some distance. Moving him to rb would be an idiotic decision.

I'm not keen on Nelson and would rather keep Bassong, who I think is decent but very short of match practice. Other than that I think that we are in an ok position and I do not think that the players needed to take us forward were available or willing to move in this window. In which case, I think that tinkering, moving on a couple of unhappy players and in Saha, bringing in a player who is better suited to deputising for Ade was a sensible approach to take.

You make your case fairly. Saha is okay fine, if Ade is fit he will be an option. No problem because he didn't cost. So fair enough, and Pav isn't up for it so take the money. I was just making the point that we have a lot of question marks which will need answering. Nelson makes no sense because its a loan for a loan. No sense unless it is because Bassong was so desperate to go its best for club. All I am suggesting is that we are leaving ourselves exposed. If Ade is out, Saha is our main man. If Walker is out we have defensive issues which we could really do without.

I love the transfer window as it shows the difference between Professional managers and Football managers.

We've made good solid signings, made aprrox ?ú15mill in sales and cleared the decks of some deadwood we rarely see. Young players can now progress, new manager has more to work with, and we won 3-1 with none of the players we sold involved to any consequence.

Bassong was always going to leave this club with the amount of games that he was given. I thought he looked good when playing 09/10, then the arrival of Gallas and emergence of Kaboul as a top centre-back ruined his chances of a starting place. Always thought he would become a very good centre-back, but that won't be at Spurs.

Why is everyone thinking we'd move out Kaboom to RB? Livermore and Sandro would be more than capable in that area when Walker's out

Thing is, those other signings had logic behind them. I've been behind every single one of those signings. The positives of Gallas (still an absolutely class defender, trophy winning experience), Parker (leadership and steel in the centre) and Friedel (calmness in goal after the erratic nature of Gomes) were very very clear.

Even Saha I can just about get on board with. Pav is brick. Saha used to be very good (though he is now both injury prone and nowhere near the same player he previously was). But Nelsen? Bloody Nelsen? He's made one appearance this season.

This was a good opportunity to strengthen and consolidate our position in the top 4/3. Pav for Saha, Corluka for no-one and Nelsen for Bassong leaves our squad actually weaker than it was when we began the window.

I don't disagree and would rather someone younger/better, but he's really not going to play that much is he? Nelsen will be happy on the bench and will be a good one for the training ground. I don't see that we're missing out on much getting rid of Bassong. I think Bassong is a better player, but he never plays and doesn't want to be at Spurs.

Well we already have decent number 2 CBs in Dawson and Kaboul. Problem is someone to lead the back, very important with our relatively young back four.
I guess Harry is hoping that King/Gallas/Nelson might be able to contribute the remaining 15 games between them.

21-26-31-27. That's not a relatively young back four, that is just about the kind of ages we need really. We'll have 3 cbs whose fitness can't be relied on whatsoever now. What is the sense of that?

Sorry.. just to make sure I'm not going insane (which I may well be)...

We have loaned out 25 year old Seb Bassong and signed 34 year old crock Ryan Nelsen?

Is this for real? Have we just been promoted? Is it April 1st? What in the name of fudge is going on?

Harry has forgotten more than you lot know about football, back his judgement on players and get behind them 100%

Bassong has barely played this season, even with all the injuries we've had. Obviously not a favorite with Harry and I don't see the big deal now that Dawson is fit and King and Gallas manage to play on a semi regular basis.

I love the transfer window as it shows the difference between Professional managers and Football managers.

We've made good solid signings, made aprrox ?ú15mill in sales and cleared the decks of some deadwood we rarely see. Young players can now progress, new manager has more to work with, and we won 3-1 with none of the players we sold involved to any consequence.

I hate to be the man to break it to you, but WE'VE SIGNED RYAN fudging NELSON :|

Saha is a good signing imo - who did people think we were going to sign as back up for Adebayor in the January transfer window ? Saha scored 16 goals last season and more importantly is a a big strong forward who can hold the ball up and bring others in to play - exactly what we need at this point.

don't know anything about this Nelson fella so can't comment on that one

Back