• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

It's bizarre but I don't really have a problem with it. How often does Bassong play? How often will Nelsen play? He's an experienced head who will add a lot more than he-who-wants-to-leave (Bassong).

Whoever is manager in Summer will have a lot of buying to do. Keeper; RB cover; CB; potentially 2 strikers if Ade and Saha are short term (Saha definately is or we're saying we don't really want top 4). As well as still getting rid of Gio and a few others. Nelson is baffling.

Maybe we're only signing Nelson so we can harvest his kneecaps? Would be worthwhile to get another year or two out of king..

A lot of you don't realise how difficult it is to find players that will improve our first XI and not least: Actually agree a deal.

We're only making minor tweaks to the squad. They are not our long term solutions and are here to sit on the bench.

Whoever is manager in Summer will have a lot of buying to do. Keeper; RB cover; CB; potentially 2 strikers if Ade and Saha are short term (Saha definately is or we're saying we don't really want top 4). As well as still getting rid of Gio and a few others. Nelson is baffling.

How many players that have changed clubs in this window, which we could have signed, would have made the task in the summer easier?

Saha offers something different to Pav, he's a better footballer in general. Pav gone for ?ú11m (Brilliant business) and bringing in a better player on a loan where we probably won't even pay his wages is great business, it's not like he's going to start.

Bassong wants football, he knows he won't be getting it, so a loan to Wolves until the summer where he then hopefully leaves and we bring in a replacement. Nelsen is a solid experienced Premier League defender, who won't mind sitting on the bench, doubt he'll start either.

It's bizarre but I don't really have a problem with it. How often does Bassong play? How often will Nelsen play? He's an experienced head who will add a lot more than he-who-wants-to-leave (Bassong).

He won't really add anything because he'll be in the treatment room for most of the time. Not to mention that the average age of our squad is slowly but surely creeping up and the next manager after Redknapp will have a lot of buying to do.

That's the situation you almost want to be in though with a new manager at a big club like Spurs. It will be a strong manager coming in and he will want to make his own big signings to shape the team. Keeper for sure, probably time to sort one or even two CBs to take the club forward the next 5 years, a big name forward or two.

We have long term targets that we're working on. Leandro and Remy obviously, but also Hazard and Verthongen or someone similar. These are expensive, highly paid and sought after players. We're not blessed with a bottomless pit of money and these deals require a lot of work to stand the slightest chance of happening.

We better enjoy this season, because we won't experience anything like it in a while. You can quote me on that, and hopefully laugh at me one year from now.

That's the situation you almost want to be in though with a new manager at a big club like Spurs. It will be a strong manager coming in and he will want to make his own big signings to shape the team. Keeper for sure, probably time to sort one or even two CBs to take the club forward the next 5 years, a big name forward or two.

Mourinho [-o<

How many players that have changed clubs in this window, which we could have signed, would have made the task in the summer easier?

You disputing my view that we will have significant buying to do? Because that was my point. But for the sake of argument, we had RB cover, now we don't. If Bassong goes, and Nelson comes in, my guess is we will have to replace him in summer, fair? Personally I am not convinced Saha is better option than Pav. Funny though the players haven't been available for us for some time now, how many players do we apparently miss out on? Big bids, never any outcome. Which is why we are scrambling about at the last minute, and why?

Back