• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Super Jan Vertonghen Official

I thought it was a nailed on red. He might have exaggerated it a bit but it's poetic justice really.

Pretty much this, not sure why the hate for vertonghen 'faking' something that actually happened, he did go down like a pansy, but he was head butted in the face.

Not sure whether Verts was even trying to provoke something, or just agitate in the run up to the kick. If someone pushed one of our defenders twice at chest height I'd want him spoken to.

The fact that a headbutt resulted was down to how high their chap was.

One of the early ITV replays shows the shock wave through Verts' face, a slight pause (thinks .... blimey, he really did that!) before he goes down.

Not what I like to see, but in the context of the match and weak refereeing perhaps he felt he had to camp it up a bit.

I haven't seen much in the media from Dnipro's pov

The guy who got sent off had earlier in the game tried to get Vertonghen booked for feigning a head injury when there was no contact, and for then grabbing Vertonghen's arm and throwing himself to the ground to make it look as though he was the one that had been fouled. He was generally being an irritating little sh!t for the whole game, exaggerating every contact and pleading with the ref to get players booked, so as far as I'm concerned he only has himself to blame for winding up our players to the extent that we stooped to his level.

Regardless of whether Jan over reacted, it was a clear head butt and therefore a clear red card offence. I have zero sympathy for him and celebrated his dismissal more than our goals. I hate players like him and believe people like him and Drogba who constantly throw themselves to the ground in an attempt to get fellow professionals in trouble on a consistent basis should be drummed out of the game.

The guy who got sent off had earlier in the game tried to get Vertonghen booked for feigning a head injury when there was no contact, and for then grabbing Vertonghen's arm and throwing himself to the ground to make it look as though he was the one that had been fouled. He was generally being an irritating little sh!t for the whole game, exaggerating every contact and pleading with the ref to get players booked, so as far as I'm concerned he only has himself to blame for winding up our players to the extent that we stooped to his level.

Regardless of whether Jan over reacted, it was a clear head butt and therefore a clear red card offence. I have zero sympathy for him and celebrated his dismissal more than our goals. I hate players like him and believe people like him and Drogba who constantly throw themselves to the ground in an attempt to get fellow professionals in trouble on a consistent basis should be drummed out of the game.

An embarrassing pratfall by Zozulya, got a taste of his own medicine in the end.

@SpursVines: Just slap him already Vertonghen. #Vine https://vine.co/v/MK53B2iOZHZ
[vine]MK53B2iOZHZ[/vine]

Pretty much this, not sure why the hate for vertonghen 'faking' something that actually happened, he did go down like a pansy, but he was head butted in the face.

Modern game. Social media. Plastic hypocritical fans. Chel$ki fans have alomst the most gall in complaining given Drogba and this season Ramires and Oscar (I think).

That just added an extra £1 million onto our asking price when Emirates Marketing Project etc come calling

VigilantDescriptiveJoey.gif

I will lead a mob to Levy's doorstep if he sells Jan to Liverpool. I'd be unhappy to see him go altogether and at the end of the day maybe we should take a leaf out of Liverpool's book and force our wantaway players to stay. After all Suarez wanted out but was made to stay and look how that's turned out.

Yeah plus if any of our players have minimum fee release clauses we can simply ignore them now and won't get punished for it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26414167

Luis Suarez buy-out clause admitted by Liverpool owner Henry

Liverpool owner John Henry has admitted striker Luis Suarez had a £40m buy-out clause in his previous contract but that the club refused to sell anyway.

that 270 degree turn is just amazing to watch. he certainly has the potential to be world class and deserves to play with the best.

that 270 degree turn is just amazing to watch. he certainly has the potential to be world class and deserves to play with the best.

Although routine for Jan, the tackle before that pirouette was also something. This will sound hyperbolic but in sixty years of watching footy i genuinely don't recall seeing anyone stretch quite like Verts can in the tackle, he's truly amazing.

Levy needs to learn a lesson this summer. Look at Liverpool last summer with Suarez. Infact, Levy did the same with Modric. Yes, the player kicks up a fuss, but as soon as that transfer window slams shut, they're pros and they will get on with it.

Infact, Suarez is part of a title contending team this season and if he does move in the summer or later, it will probably be to a bigger club than Arsenal and Modric, after failing to get his move to Chelsea, actually landed an even bigger move, to the world's most prestigious club. So both have done well to stay where they were.

If big bids come in for our players this summer, we should just say no. Its that simple.

We should have made Bale stay last season. What have we done with the £86m? Most of the players we bought with it look painfully average in comparison to Bale.

This

Levy needs to learn a lesson this summer. Look at Liverpool last summer with Suarez. Infact, Levy did the same with Modric. Yes, the player kicks up a fuss, but as soon as that transfer window slams shut, they're pros and they will get on with it.

Infact, Suarez is part of a title contending team this season and if he does move in the summer or later, it will probably be to a bigger club than Arsenal and Modric, after failing to get his move to Chelsea, actually landed an even bigger move, to the world's most prestigious club. So both have done well to stay where they were.

If big bids come in for our players this summer, we should just say no. Its that simple.

We should have made Bale stay last season. What have we done with the £86m? Most of the players we bought with it look painfully average in comparison to Bale.

its not just the money. if it were so we would've sold to Man u for a chunk more. bale really wanted to go didn't he. maybe levy had some heart after all.

Back