• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Super Jan Vertonghen Official

Anyone have a proper gif of the incident? Was hard to see what really happened on a dodgy river last night. Didn't look like much impact though.

And as much as it pains me to say this, maybe it's time we also developed and ugly streak like that - all the top teams do it on a consistent basis, and are rewarded for it. I hate diving and faking injuries, but when those governing the game seem unable to even try to erradicate this virus from football, maybe we should just give in and play within the same rules as the consistent cheaters do? Instead of taking the moral high ground? Just throwing this out there...

Anyone have a proper gif of the incident? Was hard to see what really happened on a dodgy river last night. Didn't look like much impact though.

And as much as it pains me to say this, maybe it's time we also developed and ugly streak like that - all the top teams do it on a consistent basis, and are rewarded for it. I hate diving and faking injuries, but when those governing the game seem unable to even try to erradicate this virus from football, maybe we should just give in and play within the same rules as the consistent cheaters do? Instead of taking the moral high ground? Just throwing this out there...

No.

Vertonghen is a nasty piece of work. If he played for another club, we'd hate him. You cannot justify what he did last night and then condemn people like Suarez, Terry etc.

He's a good player but, personally, I think he's a bit over rated by himself and a lot of our fans.

I don't want to see cheating like that from our players, but there was a lot going on last night.

You really are a bunch of tarts, all of their players were at it last night so **** um. Its Karma.

I thought it was a nailed on red. He might have exaggerated it a bit but it's poetic justice really.

100% agree, I was delighted Verts did that last night, its one of the key things we've been missing over the last decade

just seen the incident - at the game it seemed that the Dnipro players were guilty of the same kind of stuff throughout the game - is that how it came across on tv?

Every challenge our players made they went down like a ton of bricks, every arm contact was met with hands to the face and rolling in agony (OK Soldado's was a full blown elbow to the head and should've been a red card) so Jan was "entitled" to react in the same vein as the Dhipro players.

Was he right to do so, no because no player should but what goes around comes around and Dnipro were undone by their own tactics.

I don't want to see cheating like that from our players, but there was a lot going on last night.

Where was the cheating? I believe the rule says "Striking or attempting to strike an opponent" he was struck therefore red card. That is playing to the letter of the rules so not cheating. Overreacting yes, being a wuss yes, cheating hmmm no as he didn't break any of the rules or try to get anyone sent off for something they didn't do.

Vertonghen is a nasty piece of work.

On what grounds do you make this accusation?

If he played for another club, we'd hate him.

Would we? I see no reason to.

You cannot justify what he did last night and then condemn people like Suarez, Terry etc.

He's a good player but, personally, I think he's a bit over rated by himself and a lot of our fans.

We condemn Suarez for diving when there is no contact , Jan was headbutted, and for biting opponents, not seen jan do that yet.

Terry is another matter completely and its his smugness and off field activities that he gets condemned for more than anything.

overeaction to get the refs attention to what is originally a red card offence is fine by me.

On what grounds do you make this accusation?

Would we? I see no reason to.

We condemn Suarez for diving when there is no contact , Jan was headbutted, and for biting opponents, not seen jan do that yet.

Terry is another matter completely and its his smugness and off field activities that he gets condemned for more than anything.

Vertonghen did the same to get Torres sent off earlier in the season.

Yer man barely threw his head. Vertonghen took a split second to think about it and then he decided to go down rolling around as if he was shot to get the guy sent off. That's **** poor.

To my mind, he's a good player but he's a nasty piece of work. I've thought it of him for some time and last night just underlined it for me.

I think Ade saved Zouzlya from making an even bigger mistake really. Looks like he was about to go full depart after the red.

Vertonghen did the same to get Torres sent off earlier in the season.

You mean this incident http://youtu.be/fvc5GHy4ArQ where Torres got a second yellow for "jumping at an opponent" ?

Vertongehn didn't go down clutching his head he fell after an ariel challenge, slightly different if you ask me.

Yer man barely threw his head. Vertonghen took a split second to think about it and then he decided to go down rolling around as if he was shot to get the guy sent off. That's **** poor.

To my mind, he's a good player but he's a nasty piece of work. I've thought it of him for some time and last night just underlined it for me.

Contact is contact whether minimal or not. I don't condone what he did but ****ging him off for it is far from fair.

You mean this incident http://youtu.be/fvc5GHy4ArQ where Torres got a second yellow for "jumping at an opponent" ?

Vertongehn didn't go down clutching his head he fell after an ariel challenge, slightly different if you ask me.

Contact is contact whether minimal or not. I don't condone what he did but ****ging him off for it is far from fair.

Fair enough mate, we'll agree to disagree. You have one view, my view is pretty much the opposite. Don't think either of us are for turning.

I think Ade saved Zouzlya from making an even bigger mistake really. Looks like he was about to go full depart after the red.

Definitely a ****ed off man there.

From the replay it looks like there was contact, and like a deliberate (but light) headbutt from the other guy. Vertonghen made a meal out of it, though. But the other guy clearly did it to wind up Verts and instead it kicked back big time. That's why I'm happy he was sent off, although the red was a bit harsh.

He headbutted him. There's no argument really. I'm glad Vertonghen went down. The ref may not have seen it otherwise and we'd probably be out.

Cheating for me is if the guy was innocent. He wasn't. I can live with that.

Back