• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Super Jan Vertonghen Official

its not just the money. if it were so we would've sold to Man u for a chunk more. bale really wanted to go didn't he. maybe levy had some heart after all.

Well we should still have said no, which is my point.

Levy needs to learn a lesson this summer. Look at Liverpool last summer with Suarez. Infact, Levy did the same with Modric. Yes, the player kicks up a fuss, but as soon as that transfer window slams shut, they're pros and they will get on with it.

Infact, Suarez is part of a title contending team this season and if he does move in the summer or later, it will probably be to a bigger club than Arsenal and Modric, after failing to get his move to Chelsea, actually landed an even bigger move, to the world's most prestigious club. So both have done well to stay where they were.

If big bids come in for our players this summer, we should just say no. Its that simple.

We should have made Bale stay last season. What have we done with the £86m? Most of the players we bought with it look painfully average in comparison to Bale.

Dude, no offense, nobody buys this ****

If Madrid offered Pool £86m for Suarez, he would have been gone in the first week of ****ing summer, probably any bid upwards of £60m would have got him, and the player would have rioted at the thought of 300K a week.

Fact is, no one offered Pool anything close to Suarez's evaluation, hence he stayed, Carrick/Modric/Berbatov/Bale were all sold at damn close to record fees, they met the high end of our valuation, the player wanted to leave, we did the deal.

If Madrid had offered us £40m for Bale, he would still be here.

Dude, no offense, nobody buys this ****

If Madrid offered Pool £86m for Suarez, he would have been gone in the first week of ****ing summer, probably any bid upwards of £60m would have got him, and the player would have rioted at the thought of 300K a week.

Fact is, no one offered Pool anything close to Suarez's evaluation, hence he stayed, Carrick/Modric/Berbatov/Bale were all sold at damn close to record fees, they met the high end of our valuation, the player wanted to leave, we did the deal.

If Madrid had offered us £40m for Bale, he would still be here.

Suarez had a buy-out clause that Arsenal met, why would anyone have bid more?

We turned down £40m from Chelscum for Modric and ended up accepting Madrids lesser offer of £32m

We turned down £40m from Chelscum for Modric and ended up accepting Madrids lesser offer of £32m

Remember the issue of selling to a direct rival in the same league...that is why we accepted a lower offer for Modric from Madrid, instead of a better offer from Chelski

Levy needs to learn a lesson this summer. Look at Liverpool last summer with Suarez. Infact, Levy did the same with Modric. Yes, the player kicks up a fuss, but as soon as that transfer window slams shut, they're pros and they will get on with it.

Infact, Suarez is part of a title contending team this season and if he does move in the summer or later, it will probably be to a bigger club than Arsenal and Modric, after failing to get his move to Chelsea, actually landed an even bigger move, to the world's most prestigious club. So both have done well to stay where they were.

If big bids come in for our players this summer, we should just say no. Its that simple.

We should have made Bale stay last season. What have we done with the £86m? Most of the players we bought with it look painfully average in comparison to Bale.
1) That is a WORLD RECORD fee.
2) Comparing new signings to Bale is a very high bar. The vast majority of players look average in comparison to him.

Suarez didn't have a buy out clause (much to his and his agent's disappointment) He had a clause that allowed him to talk to another club if they offered higher than £40 million for him. However Liverpool didn't have to accept the bid.

Also IIRC the supposed £40 million offered by Chelsea was made up partly of cash and partly of players they no longer wanted (and we didn't really want either) who's values had been exagerated.

This guy has one foot out the door already.

Luckily, he's departure won't really effect us much and we can probably get £20m plus to add to the kitty.

Eh. I've held for a while that his departure wouldn't hurt us much, if at all: there's currently a surplus of ball-playing centre-backs plying their trade across Europe, and in any case we have our own ready-made alternative to Verts in Chiriches. So if he wants to leave, get a good price for him and let him go. The money we get for him, we can use to get a younger, fitter version of Kaboul: now that is a type of player I feel we badly need.

As someone said in the OMT, he acts like he's doing us a favour playing for us even though it was his **** up that led to them gaining the advantage, all momentum was with them after that. I'm not blaming him for the capitulation but he set the wheels in motion.

I'm just so sick of players like Modric and Vertonghen having no accountability for us not achieving what we should achieve and yet they have the nerve to act like they deserve so much better.

Tbh i sort of agree but it's worth the risk. We can't go into next season with bottle jobs or players that are not prepared to fight.

Do you think Sherwood was talking about Vertonghen as the one of the players who had no character or was he just having a pop at the team in general.

Do you think Sherwood was talking about Vertonghen as the one of the players who had no character or was he just having a pop at the team in general.

I hope he was having a pop at Verts. Good player but massively over rated by our fans and, more importantly, he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

I won't miss him if he goes.

We currently have four CBs but I'm only confident that Chiriches will be here next season. I sense another high player turnover this summer.

As someone said in the OMT, he acts like he's doing us a favour playing for us even though it was his **** up that led to them gaining the advantage, all momentum was with them after that. I'm not blaming him for the capitulation but he set the wheels in motion.

I'm just so sick of players like Modric and Vertonghen having no accountability for us not achieving what we should achieve and yet they have the nerve to act like they deserve so much better.

Why was Modric accountable for us not achieving 4th? Whilst he was with us he was consistently a top performer and he did deserve to play for a far better club. He has proved this by becoming an integral part of the Madrid side....

Why was Modric accountable for us not achieving 4th? Whilst he was with us he was consistently a top performer and he did deserve to play for a far better club. He has proved this by becoming an integral part of the Madrid side....

Not on his own he wasn't but collectively he was part of a side that underachieved but footballers just don't know what accountability is, I wasn't blaming him solely. Is he really that integral to Madrid? He's definitely a player that they could afford to lose.

I'll drive him to Liverpool if he promises to play for them like he has been doing for us.

Back