• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Medial ligament apparently. 3 or 6 weeks, depending on the grade
If true that's not too bad
Wimmer looks capable and the Dier option is a now 3rd choice with the opportunity to give CCV a chance if appropriate.
We have alot of CM so Carroll, Benteleb and Mason is more than enough to cover if Dier needs to drop back

If true that's not too bad
Wimmer looks capable and the Dier option is a now 3rd choice with the opportunity to give CCV a chance if appropriate.
We have alot of CM so Carroll, Benteleb and Mason is more than enough to cover if Dier needs to drop back

It's what brickwood said on MOTD and we all know what he says ain't always the truth

Not yet but you have to hope that because he walked off its better than it looked

Doesn't mean anything when it comes to knees. Gazza played 5 more minutes in 91 after doing his ACL.

What's more important is how he fell (getting stuck in the turf like Verts did is better than it bending outwards etc.) and when it swells (immediately or not at all is ok, the next morning is bad)

Ive dislocated my knee a couple of times and damaged the medial ligament at the same time, its a bugger to clear up. Though isolated on its own maybe not so bad. Either way Wickhams a ballbeg!

just got to wait for the official verdict after his scan I guess...any absence would be a big blow for us.

either way a certain Mr Wimmer may need to stand up and be counted.

I'd still like him back prior to the Emirates Marketing Project and Fiorentina double header though. Not the best time to lose a central defender, just when the European fixtures start up again.

I'd still like him back prior to the Emirates Marketing Project and Fiorentina double header though. Not the best time to lose a central defender, just when the European fixtures start up again.

If Wimmer performs as well as it looks like he will, a few weeks off might actually do Verts good - get him back fresh for the run-in.

Doesn't mean anything when it comes to knees. Gazza played 5 more minutes in 91 after doing his ACL.

What's more important is how he fell (getting stuck in the turf like Verts did is better than it bending outwards etc.) and when it swells (immediately or not at all is ok, the next morning is bad)

Gazza stood up to be in the wall which they scored.. Then stood for kick off and collapsed about 4 seconds after KO.. Def did not play on for 5 mins..

I guess whether or not Fazio's departure goes ahead in the next week will give a reasonable indication on what the club truly think about Jan's injury. We surely wont let him go if Verts is out for a while

Gazza stood up to be in the wall which they scored.. Then stood for kick off and collapsed about 4 seconds after KO.. Def did not play on for 5 mins..

I thought he later said he actually injured it in the first tackle on Garry Parker? The Gary Charles one 5 minutes later just made sure!

I guess whether or not Fazio's departure goes ahead in the next week will give a reasonable indication on what the club truly think about Jan's injury. We surely wont let him go if Verts is out for a while

Poch took 2CV to Qarabag over Fazio

The Veljkovic situation has to be resolved one way or the other (contract or sold) this week too. I can see him being loaned to Fulham re the Dembele deal if the former though

Fwiw, Graham Poll agrees that Connor Wickham should receive a suspension from the FA disciplinary panel for elbowing our Verts...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...bowing-Tottenham-defender-Jan-Vertonghen.html
Connor Wickham should face a lengthy ban after catching Jan Vertonghen in the face with his elbow in the 75th minute, an incident referee Martin Atkinson missed.

The players were running in the penalty area when Wickham caught Vertonghen.

At top UEFA referee meetings it is highlighted that when a player elbows an opponent with force he clenches his fist.

The FA have the power to charge the Palace player with violent conduct and even extend any ban.

Really really hope he's not out or at least out for long. We need the Dutch duo together as much as possible. Come on SuperJan, do it!

iWKad22.jpg

Cannot see Fazio ever playing for us again mate. I think CCV would be in before him. I think Bentaleb would be in before him hahahahahahah...

Not sure who is making fewer mistakes but Vertonghen has really improved this season. Notice that he has not been involved in any controversial moments so far this season unlike in the previous seasons. Maybe it has really helped him to have a fellow Belgian Alderweireld alongside him.

Always knew that will jinx him ! First he scored the own goal, then got involved in the elbowing incident which caused the injury to him and now face being out for long !:rolleyes:

Back