• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Jan's been through a lot in the previous seasons, and was getting a bit disillusioned at times, which could show up in his play.

Toby has been a solid partner, and Jan's game hasrecovered somewhat. Within the year they may even establish themselves as the best/consistent pair in the PL. A novelty for us, but quite an asset.

Of the two, Toby is making fewer mistakes.

Of the two, Toby is the leader by personality shown. He has really bawled out Jan when he's had to cover for his wanderings. I don't think Jan would dare were play to be reversed.

Just my opinion.

Jan's been through a lot in the previous seasons, and was getting a bit disillusioned at times, which could show up in his play.

Toby has been a solid partner, and Jan's game hasrecovered somewhat. Within the year they may even establish themselves as the best/consistent pair in the PL. A novelty for us, but quite an asset.

Of the two, Toby is the leader by personality shown. He has really bawled out Jan when he's had to cover for his wanderings. I don't think Jan would dare were play to be reversed.

Just my opinion.

Agreed, which makes it even more baffling that Verts was the captain at Ajax, not Toby.

Overall, I think Jan's finally found a comfortable situation here: his best mate's at the club, along with his preferred defensive partner and yet another Belgian lad to make him feel even more at home in our 'Fabrique en Belgique' collection. He's popular with the other lads, he's playing regularly and he's getting into his national team on a continuous basis. Overall, I think he's hit his groove here, which will hopefully translate into continued solidity for the rest of the season and (hopefully) beyond.

Agreed, which makes it even more baffling that Verts was the captain at Ajax, not Toby.

Overall, I think Jan's finally found a comfortable situation here: his best mate's at the club, along with his preferred defensive partner and yet another Belgian lad to make him feel even more at home in our 'Fabrique en Belgique' collection. He's popular with the other lads, he's playing regularly and he's getting into his national team on a continuous basis. Overall, I think he's hit his groove here, which will hopefully translate into continued solidity for the rest of the season and (hopefully) beyond.

This ..

Just my opinion.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing here but I'm just wondering where you get that from?

Have we not got a thread for this chap? Tried his name, Verts and Super lol...

Seems, he's always been super and scored when he doesn't want too...

Just my opinion.

Not sure who is making fewer mistakes but Vertonghen has really improved this season. Notice that he has not been involved in any controversial moments so far this season unlike in the previous seasons. Maybe it has really helped him to have a fellow Belgian Alderweireld alongside him.

fudged up elbow he took today, outrageous ..

Knee looked a bit of a mess too, hopefully nothing serious ..

It did fold under him a bit, though the fact that he was still moving about a bit is hopefully a good sign. I agree on the CCV against Colchester idea though, probably with Dier, just so Wimmer also doesn't get clattered. Hell if Fazio is still here then throw him out instead.

Stones and glass houses come to mind.
It was a sickening elbow yes, but i don't think the club would want any focus on Jan's one 'dark arts'....after all he was the one pulling Wickham back (not that the elbow was justified but still...). Oh and let's not mention his 'Giroud ball playing tactics'!

Nah, better to keep our head down and get on with things. Good thing is we can mix it with the best in terms of physicality and the 'dark arts' when necessary.
Let's just hope the injury doesn't mean he is out for too long...

Really really hope he's not out or at least out for long. We need the Dutch duo together as much as possible. Come on SuperJan, do it!

Back