• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Effin' love this!!!!!!!!! I don't know how or who gets these songs started, seems to be more our away fans, but pleeeease can we show the guy some love and get this going against Watford!

That's terrible and up there with the recent Mertersacker chant doing the rounds

What's so wrong with it?? Also like the Dembele version but that never seems to go further than the WHL pubs pre-match.

Always found the away fans to be more imaginative. I can always hear Dele Alli's full hokey-cokey song for example, yet at the Lane the best we can pull out is the repetitive "Dele Alli…Dele Alli". So dull.

Just heard that Connor Wickham has been charged with violent conduct regarding the elbowing of Vertoghen.
Yep.

I do understand suspensions for red cards (even retrospective ones). It's all about deterrence and prevention. But there is a problem with it. Wickham - for example - committed the offence against a Spurs player. It wasn't spotted and he could even have gone on to score against us in that game. A retrospective 3 match ban means that Crystal Palace are potentially weakened for their next three games. Which are not against Spurs. As it happens they're not against any of our rivals for top four either; but they might have been. So Palace could have been forced to put out a weaker team against our rivals... indirectly punishing Spurs for an offence committed against us.

I don't know what the solution to that might be... maybe a player's suspension should only be effective for the next three games he's eligible to play against Spurs (or whatever team the offence was committed against)? Probably not practical really, but nor is the current situation (IMO).

In the back four, the Tottenham back four, an Austrian came to play
In the back four, the Tottenham back four, an Austrian came to play
the Wimmer way, the Wimmer way, the Wimmer way

I know many will probably roll their eyes but this sort of thing is right up my Alley....LOVE IT!

Yep.

I do understand suspensions for red cards (even retrospective ones). It's all about deterrence and prevention. But there is a problem with it. Wickham - for example - committed the offence against a Spurs player. It wasn't spotted and he could even have gone on to score against us in that game. A retrospective 3 match ban means that Crystal Palace are potentially weakened for their next three games. Which are not against Spurs. As it happens they're not against any of our rivals for top four either; but they might have been. So Palace could have been forced to put out a weaker team against our rivals... indirectly punishing Spurs for an offence committed against us.

I don't know what the solution to that might be... maybe a player's suspension should only be effective for the next three games he's eligible to play against Spurs (or whatever team the offence was committed against)? Probably not practical really, but nor is the current situation (IMO).
Having watched Wickham play against us on Saturday I think Palace having him in the team would be the thing that weakens them! :D

I had to check if we really had signed Titus :oops:

That's possibly Jan out for most of the season then?

I was trying to think of some calamitous defender and to be fair none are worse than Titus!

The reports i read said at least a few weeks but I am hoping we are planning for a worse case scenario.

Not sure we will even sign someone else, we have Wimmer and there is the option of moving Dier back and bringing in Bentaleb or re-jigging the midfield, i am sure Poch has it under control.

I don't think it's season ending. Rest is probably the only treatment as opposed to surgery. With modern medical techniques he could be a quick healer and therefore back in two months.

Back