• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

Looks like class player, was our best player going forward last night. Took a good free kick as well. Could be a very good signing.

Why is it any time someone asks for a little patience on here they get labelled apologists or acolytes or other such nonsense?

If it's daft not to be concerned over a player who's been here barely two months and yet to be given a real run in the team then you can put me down as a stark raving mad lunatic!

Why is it any time someone asks for a little patience on here they get labelled apologists or acolytes or other such nonsense?

If it's daft not to be concerned over a player who's been here barely two months and yet to be given a real run in the team then you can put me down as a stark raving mad lunatic!

There is a reason he hasn't been given a run in the team! That is what I mean some saying we should just throw him in every game just because we paid a large fee when other players are in much better form.

Would be crazy to play our record signing, because we are creating some many chances and scoring so many goals with the existing players .

Could he make us less creative than we are ?

Would be crazy to play our record signing, because we are creating some many chances and scoring so many goals with the existing players .

Could he make us less creative than we are ?

crazy is right when he isn't creating anything against Sheriff and Anzhi?

Do we think Lamela and his dad came to Spurs to play as an inverted winger? I very seriously doubt it.

Created the winner Against Cardiff. That is more than Townsend has done in 9 games. Who also officially has the worst shot in world football.

I'm a big fan of Lamela but that is clearly complete tosh, not just in terms of stats but also general play

I'm a big fan of Lamela but that is clearly complete tosh, not just in terms of stats but also general play

Why have I missed something stats wise?

Quite rate Lamela, don't mind seeing him and Townsend on both wings, but think we should get him in the team as soon

Why have I missed something stats wise?

Quite rate Lamela, don't mind seeing him and Townsend on both wings, but think we should get him in the team as soon

Because a goal and an assist are more than an an assist?

As I said, I was a big fan of Lamela at Roma but something is clearly not quite right at the moment. Whether it's confidence, language, missing his family, getting used to the team, it doesn't matter, there's a lot of simple stuff that he could do at Roma that he isn't performing right now. I don't want AVB to throw him in at the deep end and expose him to torrents of abuse from fans/ the media if he doesn't settle immediately. Put him in slowly and build up confidence. He can (hopefully) be a huge player for us if we play this right.

He said in the Standard that he has been struggling but he will succeed, he loves the passion and intensity of english football !!

His family is over to stay now (this week) this will help him no end I feel too

“My moment will come and I will make the difference,”

****ing love that quote.

As I said, I was a big fan of Lamela at Roma but something is clearly not quite right at the moment. Whether it's confidence, language, missing his family, getting used to the team, it doesn't matter, there's a lot of simple stuff that he could do at Roma that he isn't performing right now. I don't want AVB to throw him in at the deep end and expose him to torrents of abuse from fans/ the media if he doesn't settle immediately. Put him in slowly and build up confidence. He can (hopefully) be a huge player for us if we play this right.

Not sure when he got the assist, none of Townsend PL shots have gone in and he has taken more than anyone else. That is bad news for any team.

The bar seems to be higher for Lamela, He was pretty ok last night, our best attacking player, does not have to play every game, but should start sometimes in the PL.

Could have played at home to West Ham or Hull, cannot really see too much of a risk in that, he may well have improved us.

Townsend, Lennon and Soldado as the front three, is definitely not good enough . It is self defeating to think otherwise.

Created the winner Against Cardiff. That is more than Townsend has done in 9 games. Who also officially has the worst shot in world football.

Why does saying something positive about one player have to be accompanied by doing down another?

i'm gonna bite on this one cause i called people acolytes

nah, you get labelled acolytes when you go for people that say something you dont like against your favourite...(like me..am a Ledley king acolyte), brandishing pitch forks and stuff.... like acolytes do. not that you are an acolyte even though i called you one wrongly. i apologise..i genuinely hate arguing with internet buddies on here....and its a recent thing, never used to be like that

if all you are asking for is a little patience thats not crazy or daft at all, be nice if you could put a measure on what 'a little patience' is though...how long is that exactly?

but the word apologists though does adequately describe what i feel people that overhype him are doing. everyone claiming that he will be great , just patience...it started for me around the same time i said i couldnt see the 30 million pound seperator...a bit prematurely granted...and then arguing over whether a ball down an OPEN chanel was a sublime pass or not

i think when you excuse everything and overhype everthing else that gets done positive..then you are overhyping...basically a fan

Last edited:

reality strikes. The words of men.....am glad lamela seems to be able to take it on the chin more than most. he sees he is sub par but boy says he will put in the extra shift

Not sure when he got the assist, none of Townsend PL shots have gone in and he has taken more than anyone else. That is bad news for any team.

The bar seems to be higher for Lamela, He was pretty ok last night, our best attacking player, does not have to play every game, but should start sometimes in the PL.

I'm pretty sure the goal he scored against Villa went in.

Tottenham's Erik Lamela: I have been struggling but my moment will come

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenhams-erik-lamela-i-have-been-struggling-but-my-moment-will-come-8915140.html

Even though some Tottenham fans may be concerned, Lamela himself is not. “My moment will come and I will make the difference,” he said. “You always train thinking that you’re going to play. Sooner or later, my moment will arrive and I have to be ready. That is the way I am looking at it.

[-o<

well spoken for a young lad.
rightly so biding his time. learning about the sport culture, the press, the difference in physicality and pace of the game.
in the end its still the same ball, rules and pitch - and from the sounds of it lamela believes in himself delivering. thats good to hear.

How can anyone judge him so soon? Really annoys me when rival fans judge players who've had hardly any games as being poor. People have been saying that to me about Soldado already. And about Lamela. But annoys me even more when it's fellow Spurs fans doing it!!!

If we'd judged Bale at this point we would've been selling him off to!

Don't disagree with giving him time but when Bale first played for us you could see he was something special. High confidence and just superb speed, touch and awareness of space. I remember him playing early on at Old Trafford and being great.

Back