• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

Selective memory

no actually , i'm calling you on what i consider to be a false hood.

you realise that we are in the same thread right? it shouldnt be hard for you to find what you are looking for to show me where i give this boy no margin for error at all, no consideration for his circumstances and demanding that he shows me every penny and world classness of his 30 million

i'll be right here waiting. in the mean time , i call bull**** on that one if you dont mind.

edit:- actually reading back on it......i think i see your point when coming from an outside readers perspective. page 13 i think......but i still think the assumption that no one cares about his situation and arent willing to give him space is not true.

Last edited:

On this very page you've already labelled him as massively overhyped despite the fact he's barely had a chance to show us one way or the other - that shows you've already drawn conclusions based on very little

On this very page you've already labelled him as massively overhyped despite the fact he's barely had a chance to show us one way or the other - that shows you've already drawn conclusions based on very little

him being massively overhyped isnt his fault, its yours and others like you that overhype him.

someone called him the best young prospect in the world. i can confidently say thats overhyped.

someone said he is a perfect blend or robben and bale...i can say thats overhyped

someone said 15 goals easy.......this bit may be true but i think thats overhyped a touch

the level of hype was ridiculous IMV and quite simply i dont agree with it, and i think people watch too much TV and highlights and put so much stock in what marketing throws your way.

the boy is a smart and intelligent player, he is a technical player, with confidence and time and expsoure he will be a very good first 11 team player MINIMUM with a potential to be a great player if he's lucky and catches form consistently

but no, you people want to throw the great world class player on his shoulders NOW. sheesh.

another thing to consider. maybe he is so much under pressure because of the price tag and also because of the excessive hype around him put on by people that rate him as the best young player/prospect in the world or something

Price tag is the major thing I think. Most of my football supporting mates had either never heard of him or knew very little about him, so I'm not sure anyone other than us spurs fans and those who are actively involved in the game rate him as the best young player in the world which in a way puts even more pressure on him to deliver due to what we've spent on him

and one other thing, do you know how scouts work? and coaches that assess new recruits etc? or even their players..... how much time do you think is given to youth kids at grass roots level for instance

hey i'm just following your lead.

but people have said those things, i didnt make those up...i dont thnk anyway:-k

Ive seen as much of Lamela prior to his signing for us as you have by the sounds of it and i don't recall ever calling him World Class or making any judgment on his ability outside of reputation, so you're a bit off with some of the things directed at me this morning - im just prepared to wait and see what he can show once he's settled

Price tag is the major thing I think. Most of my football supporting mates had either never heard of him or knew very little about him, so I'm not sure anyone other than us spurs fans and those who are actively involved in the game rate him as the best young player in the world which in a way puts even more pressure on him to deliver due to what we've spent on him

for me price tag was definately a factor. i didnt think we would spend 30 million on 'what if' project. i thought for that we would be getting a record breaking level player that was ready to go from the get go.

apparently an age of less than 24 means your a project and exempt from such thoughts. i didnt get the memo or subscribe to that for that matter

but i have since grown to appreciate that he never asked for that kind of thinking...and i should take him at face value without the money tag.

i like lamela as he is now , especially for where avb wants to take us

Ive seen as much of Lamela prior to his signing for us as you have by the sounds of it and i don't recall ever calling him World Class or making any judgment on his ability outside of reputation, so you're a bit off with some of the things directed at me this morning - im just prepared to wait and see what he can show once he's settled

pot and kettle mate, pot AND kettle

I think I would have to admit that I was one of those that saw very little and perhaps was taken in by the hype....or perhaps it was just hope that we had bought someone of immense quality to help with the devastation of losing Bale.

In terms of technical ability he looks impressive and you do not get 5 caps for Argentina at such a tender age if there isn't something about you. specially with the players they have.

We are all a little hasty sometimes in transfer season....hence why sometimes mistakes are made....on the flipside of that clubs are also impatient and willing to give up on players far too easily. In reality each individual is different like posters on this board. the guy needs to be happy in his environment in order to flourish...he needs to fall in love with the English game....our fans...etc

AVB's comments of 'not producing half of what he should' was a bit risky imo....but he was trying to be tactful whilst giving the lad a nudge up the backside with his toe.

We don't want another GDS... we want another ozzie/villa... we must be patient and the staff must do everything in their power to create an environment where he can flourish. for 30 mil I say we persevere with him for a very long time....we must move heaven and earth to ensure he settles....because we are not a club who can afford to waste 30m.

an away goal as a sub on Sunday would be triffic......he out of anyone in our squad needs a goal and I hope he gets it to add to his one assist in the epl.

Gotta give the kid time to settle and adjust, he looks very slim at the moment, he always seems to get barged off the ball countless times last night he just ended up on the floor.

This season should be all about experience for him, he also needs to hit the gym bulk up a bit like Bale did. Next season is his year!

pot and kettle mate, pot AND kettle

Well not really is it? Ive never claimed Lamela to be World Class or xy and z else that you have said i have whereas you have called in to question his ability in relation to his price tag - which adds pressure to the player (when multiplied by X amount of like minded supporters) and was the starting point for this argument we have had this morning.

The boy needs games against premier league opposition. We have to give him this season to acclimitise. Last night's game would do him the world of good to have no illusions as to what our league is all about and what 90% of the games are like. As long as he remains patient and so do we, hopefully we'll start to see some true form. Need to forget the pricetag for now

We have to give him this season to acclimitise. Last night's game would do him the world of good.

This. I don't know if the kid is a potential superstar or another Townsend, but next season will be his season. Anything this season is a bonus.

Tottenham's Erik Lamela: I have been struggling but my moment will come

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenhams-erik-lamela-i-have-been-struggling-but-my-moment-will-come-8915140.html

Even though some Tottenham fans may be concerned, Lamela himself is not. “My moment will come and I will make the difference,” he said. “You always train thinking that you’re going to play. Sooner or later, my moment will arrive and I have to be ready. That is the way I am looking at it.

[-o<

Some of the apologists on here need to get a grip. Of course we all want Lamela to come good if you don't you are not a Spurs fan. That being said he has looked ordinary at best so far and considering we broke our transfer record for him you would have to be daft not to be a bit concerned right now.

Some of the apologists on here need to get a grip. Of course we all want Lamela to come good if you don't you are not a Spurs fan. That being said he has looked ordinary at best so far and considering we broke our transfer record for him you would have to be daft not to be a bit concerned right now.

You can see his raw ability on the ball though?
His touch is breathtaking at times.

No Clint Dempsey for instance who turned up and looked like a championship player for a few months.

Last edited:

You can see his raw ability on the ball though?
His touch is breathtaking at times.

He's Clint Dempsey for instance who turned up and looked like a championship player for a few months.

His first touch looks class but I have been a bit disappointed with him in his ability to beat his man

Also think that is harsh on Dempsey, he took a while to settle but even then he was scoring goals and had some nice assists

Back