• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

I thought he showed glimpses of his talent tonight. I'm only sorry that he missed the penalty and I hope that that doesn't weigh too heavily on his shoulders.

The more he plays for us, the more he will find confidence if he can keep contributing just a few touches a game. He will remember those touches, hopefully, and then his contribution will increase, as his confidence increases until he is the player that many of us thought we were getting.

That pen was never, ever, ever, ever going in. Not in a billion years in a million galaxies in a thousand universes in a hundred billion parallel dimensions.

i actually think in theory this is the turning point for him

120 minutes in a game against prem opposition that really want to beat us..........no matter how he plays he has come through it....i assume (i didnt even watch the game but thats a good initiation)

yep, he had to fight his way into the game to make any kind of impression. He is very rusty, but showed some guts to keep going amongst a very poor team performance.

I thought he showed glimpses of his talent tonight. I'm only sorry that he missed the penalty and I hope that that doesn't weigh too heavily on his shoulders.

The more he plays for us, the more he will find confidence if he can keep contributing just a few touches a game. He will remember those touches, hopefully, and then his contribution will increase, as his confidence increases until he is the player that many of us thought we were getting.

i dont think a few touches decent touches a game shows unbelievable class though. and for Lamela i dont think it should be enough. he needs to have sollid games..., not exceptional newcessarily...but more steady and reliable games.

if a few decent touches is al he needs to do to get games then we have shafted ALOT of players from the youth in the past

That pen was never, ever, ever, ever going in. Not in a billion years in a million galaxies in a thousand universes in a hundred billion parallel dimensions.

Nope, the questions are, was he a good penalty taker in the past? Has he taken many before? If so, what was his record like?

If he was suddenly poor tonight, in spite of previously being an excellent penalty taker, then you'd have to believe that it's a reflection of his lower confidence at the moment and his struggle to settle in.

I must say, i wonder what would have happened if he wasn't body-checked by the Sheriff defender (who earned a yellow) before being subbed last week. He looked like he was about to make one of his trademark runs...

i dont think a few touches decent touches a game shows unbelievable class though. and for Lamela i dont think it should be enough. he needs to have sollid games..., not exceptional newcessarily...but more steady and reliable games.

if a few decent touches is al he needs to do to get games then we have shafted ALOT of players from the youth in the past

Nope, I don't think a few touches shows unbelievable class.

My point is that if he does that, he'll grow in confidence, aware of what he can contribute and believing in himself. As I said, his contribution will increase ie he will have more touches and play more of the game, and as he does so he will become an integral part of our team and as such then his quality will shine through.

If you're saying that he will need more than a few touches in order to get regular football, then I agree. I think he needs to be ok through the game but have those touches lift his performance. If, for example, he has a decent game and plays a pass like he did v Cardiff, and perhaps creates another couple of good chances, then that is what we have to be looking for.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1221871/Spurs-flop-Gareth-Bale-January-Birmingham-boss-Alex-McLeish-eyes-3m-defender.html

Someone print that off and stick it on Erik's locker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1221871/Spurs-flop-Gareth-Bale-January-Birmingham-boss-Alex-McLeish-eyes-3m-defender.html

Someone print that off and stick it on Erik's locker

Considering his apparently limited grasp of English, he'd probably think we were going to sell him to Birmingham and lose even more confidence. ;)

What is a bit worrying about Lamela is the difficulty he has had getting past players. Just about every time he has taken on his man he has been tackled. I thought he was a dribble and weave kind of player. And his touch has looked poor too. Despite nervousness and youth for £30m I would have expected glimpses of something a bit special, like Eriksen has shown on occasion, or Bale did eeven when he was struggling (or perhaps more to the point maybe the manager didn't recognise his best position).

Where is Lamela's best position?

What is a bit worrying about Lamela is the difficulty he has had getting past players. Just about every time he has taken on his man he has been tackled. I thought he was a dribble and weave kind of player. And his touch has looked poor too. Despite nervousness and youth for £30m I would have expected glimpses of something a bit special, like Eriksen has shown on occasion, or Bale did eeven when he was struggling (or perhaps more to the point maybe the manager didn't recognise his best position).

His touch did not look poor at all. Hardly lost the ball tonight, even when under pressure.

Very composed on the ball and looks an intelligent player. Not selfish enough, but he was one of our better players tonight.

Looks like a Wenger type player

He just kept slipping over at the vital point. But you know what I'll stand up for him. He showed some bottle. He always looked for the ball towards the end and he stepped up for the pen.

Was going in, every single time, if the gialie dived the other way, was no worse than Walker's penalty [ goalie dived the wrong way ] and Kane, straight at the goalie.

Was going in, every single time, if the gialie dived the other way, was no worse than Walker's penalty [ goalie dived the wrong way ] and Kane, straight at the goalie.

Good point. What a lottery the penalty shoot-out is; was generally impressed that ALLof our penalties were on target; Lamela's was a SAVE by the goalie instead of a MISS

His touch did not look poor at all. Hardly lost the ball tonight, even when under pressure.

Very composed on the ball and looks an intelligent player. Not selfish enough, but he was one of our better players tonight.

Looks like a Wenger type player

On the river I was watching, which admittedly was fuzzy, he took on his man numerous times during the 90 and lost the ball on nearly every occasion. He was better in extra time when the game opened up more. but I thought he was meant to play wide right, in which case I'd expect to see him go past markers more often.

I still don't know where AVB sees him playing long term though?

You're wrong mate, Kyle's was in the corner and the keeper went the right way, good pen.

Best game in Spurs shirt tonight. Combined really well with Siggy in particular.

Biggest thing for me is he took that free kick today. A few weeks ago he sheepishly walked away from a free kick in a similar position and Holtby's effort was nowhere near threatening.

Best game in Spurs shirt tonight. Combined really well with Siggy in particular.

Biggest thing for me is he took that free kick today. A few weeks ago he sheepishly walked away from a free kick in a similar position and Holtby's effort was nowhere near threatening.

I thought he looked a classy player. Would love to see him, beat a few men and blast one in the corner, that may come with confidence, but he looks he could be a Nasri,Pires type player atm.

I thought he looked a classy player. Would love to see him, beat a few men and blast one in the corner, that may come with confidence, but he looks he could be a Nasri,Pires type player atm.

Are you saying that is a good thing or a bad thing? 8-[ Curious

Back