• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

i dont think players get that much more time on the ball. If anything Italian defences are more cynical and tend to mark tightly imo

regarding Lamela and players needing time to take a couple of of touches, from what ive seen his problem is not this. What is letting him down is that he isnt used to how WE play and the players around him. He wants to play quick one twos but when he passes the ball he rarely immediately gets it back and you can see his frustration.

I agree. I've seen him run at pace towards the box several times now, offloading for a quick one two, continuing his run while the ball heads back towards our defence! He is not on the same wavelength as other players yet...but he needs to played in whatever he considers his best position, and more than once.

I don't get why we spend large amounts of money on players and then don't play them at all, or play them out of position.

I agree. I've seen him run at pace towards the box several times now, offloading for a quick one two, continuing his run while the ball heads back towards our defence! He is not on the same wavelength as other players yet...but he needs to played in whatever he considers his best position, and more than once.

I don't get why we spend large amounts of money on players and then don't play them at all, or play them out of position.

We don't that much.

Lamela has not had many starts, because he's a 19 year old adapting to a new country, a new language and a new league. These combined are pretty huge.

I have no idea whether he will come good or not, however i do think the approach the club are taking is the right one. He is playing games with much less pressure. If he was thrown into the Premier League it would be sink or swim, this way is a much more calculated approach.

We don't that much.

Lamela has not had many starts, because he's a 19 year old adapting to a new country, a new language and a new league. These combined are pretty huge.

I have no idea whether he will come good or not, however i do think the approach the club are taking is the right one. He is playing games with much less pressure. If he was thrown into the Premier League it would be sink or swim, this way is a much more calculated approach.

The positional thing is quite important though. I'd be really interested to know, if asked, where each member of our squad would say they preferred to play, as opposed to could play. In particular Siggy, Holtby, Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli and to a lesser extent Dembele, Verts, and Paulinho. And also Lennon, Townsend re inverted wingers.

I think players best (mostly) in their preferred position, especially once they have been through the system and probably played in a few positions by now.

I also wonder if AVB ever says to Soldado, "What I need to do with the team to give you the best chance of scoring?".

The positional thing is quite important though. I'd be really interested to know, if asked, where each member of our squad would say they preferred to play, as opposed to could play. In particular Siggy, Holtby, Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli and to a lesser extent Dembele, Verts, and Paulinho. And also Lennon, Townsend re inverted wingers.

I think players best (mostly) in their preferred position, especially once they have been through the system and probably played in a few positions by now.

I also wonder if AVB ever says to Soldado, "What I need to do with the team to give you the best chance of scoring?".

Well Holtby, Eriksen, Lennon, Paulinho, Dembele, Vertonghen and Townsend have played where they always play for the vast majority of AVB's stint here.

It's sometimes a case of needs must rather than a choice, We play Vertonghen out at LB because we don't have another LB.

Siggy Is one you have a point with. As for Chadli i have no idea what his position was before he came here.

Lamela is new and it's important to give hi playing time. If the choice is not to give him playing time or to play him out of position than it makes sense. He's mostly played on the right, which as far as i have read on here was one of his positions when he played at Roma.

He's gone from not starting league games and coming off the bench to not featuring at all. Will he even get a game tomorrow?

He's gone from not starting league games and coming off the bench to not featuring at all. Will he even get a game tomorrow?

Doesn't matter. AVB is allowing him to settle in to life in England slowly and out of the spotlight. Apart from the spotlight of journos and fans suggesting he's a flop and/or a waste of money. There is every chance this 21 year-old will come good once he's adapted to life in Engerland.

Some players adapt easily, for others it takes more time. Then there's the group of players that doesn't adapt at all.

I have enough confidence in Baldini, AVB and Levy to trust that they wouldn't have spent that much money on a player if they weren't sure he would make it in the PL. Once he learns the language and adapts to the pace of the PL, he will get more playing time for us. I don't expect him to make much of an impact on this side of Christimas, though.

Instead of being worried, I'm actually quite excited that we have a young, extremely talented and highly rated player on the bench.

Some players adapt easily, for others it takes more time. Then there's the group of players that doesn't adapt at all.

I have enough confidence in Baldini, AVB and Levy to trust that they wouldn't have spent that much money on a player if they weren't sure he would make it in the PL. Once he learns the language and adapts to the pace of the PL, he will get more playing time for us. I don't expect him to make much of an impact on this side of Christimas, though.

Instead of being worried, I'm actually quite excited that we have a young, extremely talented and highly rated player on the bench.

******** he is a abject failure got no composure no skill we wasted are money.... Christ he can't even so speak English. How dare he not come here and solve all our goal scoring problems straight away. Want him gone in January... Oh I also hear he is causing trouble in the dressing room and hates Sandros kung fu.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk 4

******** he is a abject failure got no composure no skill we wasted are money.... Christ he can't even so speak English. How dare he not come here and solve all our goal scoring problems straight away. Want him gone in January... Oh I also hear he is causing trouble in the dressing room and hates Sandros kung fu.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk 4

Oh **** off! ;)

How can anyone judge him so soon? Really annoys me when rival fans judge players who've had hardly any games as being poor. People have been saying that to me about Soldado already. And about Lamela. But annoys me even more when it's fellow Spurs fans doing it!!!

If we'd judged Bale at this point we would've been selling him off to!

Clearly lacking confidence, and still adapting to the pace of the English game. At least we won, so he´s not everyone´s spacegoat - you could see he was shattered after the miss, and a horde of hounding fans wouldn´t have made the situation better.

Not a good game from him, which I´m sure he´s very aware of, but I saw glimpses of the player he is and what he will hopefully do for us in the future. At this stage we can and should give him time and support. Just remember Bale´s first 24 games without a win. He looked very lost at times too.

I'm very glad that he seemed to gain some confidence after his free kick in the second half, not getting too involved at the moment is a definite sign of him low on confidence right now. I mean you watch Townsend every week and we make it a priority to give the ball to him on the right because he wants the ball at every moment, we need that to be Lamela too, wanting the ball, wanting to take on a man because he knows he can.

It'll come.

I would be interested in this too.

I'm very glad that he seemed to gain some confidence after his free kick in the second half, not getting too involved at the moment is a definite sign of him low on confidence right now. I mean you watch Townsend every week and we make it a priority to give the ball to him on the right because he wants the ball at every moment, we need that to be Lamela too, wanting the ball, wanting to take on a man because he knows he can.

It'll come.

it has too if your "15 goals easily" prediction has to come true, or even the the ability of making 15 goals in the prem look easy enough to accomplish

personally i think the kid just needs to keep his head down and work hard...

but most important of all

he needs to get more games

it has too if your "15 goals easily" prediction has to come true, or even the the ability of making 15 goals in the prem look easy enough to accomplish

personally i think the kid just needs to keep his head down and work hard...

but most important of all

he needs to get more games

absolutely....very happy that he got 120 mins tonight.

absolutely....very happy that he got 120 mins tonight.

i actually think in theory this is the turning point for him

120 minutes in a game against prem opposition that really want to beat us..........no matter how he plays he has come through it....i assume (i didnt even watch the game but thats a good initiation)

Back