• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

He is at that age that if it does not work out for him we could still possibly get £20m for him. I think once he has settled he will come good. If you look at alot of our new players they have got international team mates or ex club mates at the club so its easier for them to settle, where as this guy has no one and is still very young.

This board is seriously ****ed at times.. He needs time for crying out loud, he is one of - if not the best young prospect on the planet.. He will come good, slating him for one off performance doesn't help anything. His dazzling assist for the Paulinho winner against Cardiff showed enough for me to be so excited about what he will offer and what he will become.

=D>

This board is seriously ****ed at times.. He needs time for crying out loud, he is one of - if not the best young prospect on the planet.. He will come good, slating him for one off performance doesn't help anything. His dazzling assist for the Paulinho winner against Cardiff showed enough for me to be so excited about what he will offer and what he will become.

Stop talking sense..... It's not suited to this forum. There is no middle line he is either a massive success straight away or a complete failure.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk 4

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas feels a language barrier is preventing £30m Erik Lamela from producing his best straight away - Premier League - Football - The Independent
...Lamela was an unused substitute in Sunday's 1-0 win over Hull and the former River Plate forward has had to make do with looking to have an impact in Europa League ties.

He is yet to score his first goal for the club and, with limited game time the summer signing has not had the immediate impact many supporters would have expected.

But when asked if the fee paid for Lamela meant there was pressure to pick him Villas-Boas replied: "Not really, no.

"We have been speaking a lot with him. I think getting acquainted to the Premier League is important but he doesn't know the language. (Roberto) Soldado had some knowledge of the language before (he came) so it was a little bit easier for him.

"With Erik it was a little bit more difficult but we have given him massive, massive help and his family arrived this week," he added.

"He knows he isn't producing half of what he can produce but he understands the situation now is that he has to compete for his place."

Value of squad, we can take our time with Lamela and it will pay off immensely.

We could have him spend half the season settling in, if he found his feet and contributed heavily to our last 10 games, it would be a huge boost.

easy to forget both him and Eriksen are what, 21 years old, new to England and English football

Townsend is still a kid too and its his first full season in the PL

in many ways its understandable if we finish outside the top 4 this season.....the years ahead will see us being more of a force if we can keep these young players together and they fulfil their potential

easy to forget both him and Eriksen are what, 21 years old, new to England and English football

in many ways its understandable if we finish outside the top 4 this season.....the years ahead will see us being more of a force if we can keep these young players together and they fulfil their potential

Exactly ...

Good post.

That is great news. Big time footballer or not he is still a kid.

Everybody needs a shoulder.

Edit: Gareth needed his family.

Exactly we have a £30m player struggling to settle in but there is always someone worse off.

I've just been listening to Paddy Agnew on TalkSport talking about how well Gervinho is doing for Roma and how no-one expected it after they sold their jewel in Lamela and bought someone who was doing **** in the PL...

It got me thinking..

The PL sells a dud to Serie A who is now playing amazing.

Serie A sells one of their star performers to the PL who is now struggling.

Could it be that simple that our league is just harder for players compared to Italy? Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Lamela will be as **** as Gervinho was in the long run (people talk a lot about his natural talent which should shine through eventually) but it does help explain his struggle adapting. He is the only player we bought from Italy after all.

I've just been listening to Paddy Agnew on TalkSport talking about how well Gervinho is doing for Roma and how no-one expected it after they sold their jewel in Lamela and bought someone who was doing **** in the PL...

It got me thinking..

Could it be that simple that our league is just harder for players compared to Italy? Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Lamela will be as **** as Gervinho was in the long run (people talk a lot about his natural talent which should shine through eventually) but it does help explain his struggle adapting. He is the only player we bought from Italy after all.

occams razor right there

My impression of the Italian league is that it's played at a slower tempo and players get more time on the ball. In the PL you can't afford to take a couple of touches while you consider your options, especially when you're in the opponent's half.

It got me thinking..

Firstly Gervinho is older, secondly he didnt cost a fortune so doesnt have a huge price tag with its expectations weighing him down (the price tag seems to matter a lot to some people when assessing and judging players) and finally he joined a club managed by someone who helped make him the rising star he was at Lille. Garcia seems to be good for Gervinho and Gervinho is good for Garcia

the amazing thing about Roma is that the lost Marquinos, Lamela and Osvaldo, plus a few others iirc, and they reinvested wisely and are now top of Serie A, 9 wins out of 9, and all whilst playing very exciting attacking football despite the disruption of losing their better players in the summer

My impression of the Italian league is that it's played at a slower tempo and players get more time on the ball. In the PL you can't afford to take a couple of touches while you consider your options, especially when you're in the opponent's half.

i dont think players get that much more time on the ball. If anything Italian defences are more cynical and tend to mark tightly imo

regarding Lamela and players needing time to take a couple of of touches, from what ive seen his problem is not this. What is letting him down is that he isnt used to how WE play and the players around him. He wants to play quick one twos but when he passes the ball he rarely immediately gets it back and you can see his frustration.

Back