• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I've been thinking if we should play with two strikers. Kane is best as a striker, but always drops deep. We need a striker who can score 15+ goals a season and wants to stay up in an attacking position, pressing the defenders but not dropping deep. That way, takes the pressure from Kane a bit, and will help us in those games where perhaps Kane isn't quite at it.

The alternative is that Son starts more often as I trust him to score more the I trust our other midfielders to score.

I have said on here a few times that I believe that Kane would be a even better player if he was to play the num 10 role behind another striker.

The reasons are he does like to drop deep and find the space and he can also run with the ball from there, he has a good vision and can spot a pass coming from deep as well.

Lol we are winning and playing some cracking stuff at times and some on this thread question lamella and now should think of playing 442 ...

If it aint broke ...

I don't follow. We shouldn't question the team because we're doing well?

Would you not sign anyone this window? If so, what sort of players? Only squad players?

I don't follow. We shouldn't question the team because we're doing well?

Would you not sign anyone this window? If so, what sort of players? Only squad players?

Its more the fact i think people are looking for things that don't exist. Footballers are not robobts that can perform 100% all the time.

You think any one on this forum can stand up to Pochettino for using his tactics over 442 as it seems some teams are using it now.

Signings would be great if they help improve the team but the way we are currently set up i can't see any young player out in the market that would be within budget that could displace any regular starter.

If you are going for experience please let me know out of Pochettinos signings is senior or is currently playing.

Our transfers will be left field with youth on the agenda.

His lack of goal threat and inability to beat a man are real issues, in my opinion.

He's scored eight goals and has three assists this season. He also has created the second most chances in our squad, behind Eriksen, this season. He's improved massively this year, if he continues to develop at this rate, then we will have a real talent on our hands.

The reasons are he does like to drop deep and find the space and he can also run with the ball from there, he has a good vision and can spot a pass coming from deep as well.

I think that he is doing it because Poch wants movement from his front four and them swapping positions

I think that he is doing it because Poch wants movement from his front four and them swapping positions

Maybe, but its also a part of his natural game and he has always done it. He is getting a deserved reputation as a very good player and I just think if he played behind another player he would be able to become a even better one. ( imo).

Maybe, but its also a part of his natural game and he has always done it. He is getting a deserved reputation as a very good player and I just think if he played behind another player he would be able to become a even better one. ( imo).

I agree that it is part of his natural game and he would be good playing further back too. It would be an interesting option if we brought someone else in. I won't say more for risk of derailing this thread and taking it further off topic.

Do you ever believe he's going to score? I don't. It's quite a problem if you're playing with one striker, and we're assuming Eriksen starts and is never going to be prolific, and allowances are made for that as, in theory, our playmaker.

Yes I believe he's going to score.

Also. Eriksen is never going to be prolific? How many PL goals in a season to be "prolific" from a wide attacking midfield role in our setup in your opinion?

Lamela is also just as much our playmaker as Eriksen.

Demebele over hit that pass so Lamella had to check, he should also have passed to his right as there were more options and Cattermole was moving to his right all the time leaving the space there

Agreed. Not the best decision from Dembele, Lamela did fine by striking it. Should have gotten it on target though and any rebound from the goalie could have been dangerous.

Agree with the first part. But in the X1 without a pause? I think not. We sometimes look like we have all the possession in the world but are creating too little. We have other options available which could offer as much if not more - notably Son at present and maybe Berahino in future.

I also tend to agree with others who think that maybe Eriksen and Lamela might be a bit like Lampard and Gerrard for England. Not synergistic. We sometimes need more of a goal threat against teams who sit back. A Son or Berahino may possibly offer more goals and therefore I certainly don't think Lamela is a shoe in the the X1, certainly not without pause.

He said currently... And currently Lamela is currently easily in the team head of Son on merit. Son has looked closer to dislodging Eriksen than Lamela.

Yes I believe he's going to score.

Also. Eriksen is never going to be prolific? How many PL goals in a season to be "prolific" from a wide attacking midfield role in our setup in your opinion?

Lamela is also just as much our playmaker as Eriksen.

Agreed. Not the best decision from Dembele, Lamela did fine by striking it. Should have gotten it on target though and any rebound from the goalie could have been dangerous.

He said currently... And currently Lamela is currently easily in the team head of Son on merit. Son has looked closer to dislodging Eriksen than Lamela.

Yep. Son to me now is an alernative to eriksen

What were talking about here is actual genuine depth. Depth from players who are in reality performing not underperforming.

It's a huge leap forward for us to debate why player as should get in over player b and have such fine margins. Bro ally's it because player a has clearly been at fault for a goal or 3 or missed loads of sitters. We're no talking about players coming in with no drop in quality and at a time where were the form team in the division

I do wonder if people who say it's been a poor league so far would say so if Chelsea and Pool for example were being more competitive

The big concern i have with Lamela (and I'm a Lamela supporter) is that when he's missing his chances his body shape is often totally wrong. When he missed that break against Sunderland when Dembele played him in his body position was all wrong: it looked awkward, and not like someone who was going to trouble the keeper. For me, that is happening too often. His end product was improving and improving but he's taken a few steps backwards in the past few weeks.

There is just something about the way he shapes to shoot the bothers me. His shooting technique makes me question whether he will really develop into a player who might threaten to pick up 10-15 goals a season, which is what a team with our aspirations requires from some of the forwards playing behind the striker.

The big concern i have with Lamela (and I'm a Lamela supporter) is that when he's missing his chances his body shape is often totally wrong. When he missed that break against Sunderland when Dembele played him in his body position was all wrong: it looked awkward, and not like someone who was going to trouble the keeper. For me, that is happening too often. His end product was improving and improving but he's taken a few steps backwards in the past few weeks.

There is just something about the way he shapes to shoot the bothers me. His shooting technique makes me question whether he will really develop into a player who might threaten to pick up 10-15 goals a season, which is what a team with our aspirations requires from some of the forwards playing behind the striker.

I still think his confidence when shooting is a bit lacking. He came here with a huge reputation and 15 goals in 30 league starts for Roma the season before. His messy first season and average second season probably hurt his confidence quite a lot. He's gotten his mojo back in his overall game, but he doesn't have that "I know I'm going to score" confidence of Kane.

I still think his confidence when shooting is a bit lacking. He came here with a huge reputation and 15 goals in 30 league starts for Roma the season before. His messy first season and average second season probably hurt his confidence quite a lot. He's gotten his mojo back in his overall game, but he doesn't have that "I know I'm going to score" confidence of Kane.

I hope you're right, but I'm not convinced at all about that part of his game. I had the feeling he was getting closer and closer, but the past weeks have put more nagging doubts back in my mind. We'll have to wait and see. But if he does have goals in his game, then now would be an excellent time to start notching a few and winning us some points.

He doesn't but then he is playing a very different game here to Roma. He plays now for me like an English player, running winning tackles etc... He reminds me of Milner

He doesn't but then he is playing a very different game here to Roma. He plays now for me like an English player, running winning tackles etc... He reminds me of Milner

I don't think that should impact how he strikes the ball when shooting all that much...

Ghod... There is an alternate reality where we signed Milner and he ended up taking Lamela's place in our team... Thank Pochettino that reality isn't the one I live in.

I know what armchair means, it's a totally different body shape. He finished with aplomb at Roma and he's done it here a few times as well but if there's even the hint of a pass of I think he gets caught in two minds. Don't know if it's confidence or trying to make himself popular with team mates by setting up goals.

Can see Lamela not starting at Palace this weekend, with Son in his place. He's having his best period at Spurs, but still does things that frustrate me.

I like Eriksen and I like Lamela, but I think we'd have a better balanced attack if only one of them played, and a more natural forward occupied the other spot. Chadli, for all his faults, does make the runs of a forward and finishes like one. Son could be a player, going on his performance v Leicester tonight. He can seemingly move and finish like a forward but also play the nice passes of a #10. He also has some pace, which does add another dimension.

Son might be the answer, I don't think Chadli is as he is missing too many aspects of the game to be a Poch player imo.

I like Eriksen and I like Lamela, but I think we'd have a better balanced attack if only one of them played, and a more natural forward occupied the other spot. Chadli, for all his faults, does make the runs of a forward and finishes like one. Son could be a player, going on his performance v Leicester tonight. He can seemingly move and finish like a forward but also play the nice passes of a #10. He also has some pace, which does add another dimension.

Son might be the answer, I don't think Chadli is as he is missing too many aspects of the game to be a Poch player imo.

Chadli is too fudging lazy. The guy has the talent but none of the hard work requires to be the player he could be

Son keeps on working all the time as does Lamella and erisken despite what people say

The three behind Kane are a pick of Lamella, Alli, erisken and son with IMO Onomah ahead of Chadli now for his hard work

Back