• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Chadli is too fudgeing lazy. The guy has the talent but none of the hard work requires to be the player he could be

Son keeps on working all the time as does Lamella and erisken despite what people say

The three behind Kane are a pick of Lamella, Alli, erisken and son with IMO Onomah ahead of Chadli now for his hard work

I agree re. Chadli. Whether Poch can turn him into a more hardworking, aggressive player, I'm not sure. If he can't then he'll probably boot him out.

I agree re. Chadli. Whether Poch can turn him into a more hardworking, aggressive player, I'm not sure. If he can't then he'll probably boot him out.

I think he would be perfect for someone like Southampton to be fair when're he can get plenty of goals and keep people happy. The guy has the talent but so far has resisted the work

When he works hard he can play like he did vs Chelsea last year and was exceptional

lamela was hopeless today. He had the first touch of a rapist and kept losing the ball, missing targets and making unintelligent runs when in possession. Time for a return to the bench. He has been regressing for the last month or so.

Thought Lamela had a decent game today. Not his best performance for us, but more than worthy of a place in the first team. His "defending from the front" is increasingly a vital part of how we play I feel. For all the hype and hoopla surrounding his transfer fee and the subsequent disappointing season(s), he's quietly becoming one of our most important - and strangely under-rated - players.

He still makes too many silly fouls. And I'm a little worried that one day he's going to break someone's leg (perhaps his own!) with his tackling. And yes, his end product can still improve (and I suspect will do). But even now, he's a huge part of our infamous "high press"... he not only gives a lot of freedom to the other midfielders, but I think he's an unsung part of our defensive record this season. The ability of the opposition to score against us is dramatically reduced when they can't retain possession in midfield.

And that's as much down to Lamela as Dier (IMO)

Amazing the amount of stick Eriksen has got recently .. neither Lamela or Alli have been at their best/consistent recently.

Young team, to be expected ... didn't think today was anywhere close to what he can do.

I like the fact that Lamela has never shied away from taking a card or three. Shows there's an edge to his game, to his mentality. His opposition know he likes a tackle which just might serve to hasten their play to Spurs benefit. It's part and parcel of the Argentinian game and we can't just have a midfield full of sweethearts. Son's goal today came after Leicester turned over the ball in midfield.

Alli is another who can play with some bite. Yet we know they both can operate with skill galore. I like that mix.

Yoooooooooou wot mate?!!!!!

The guy has regressed almost back to where he was at the start of the season. Yeah the guy works hard, but that is not enough. Compare Lamela to Son. Well you can't really can you? Son is actually powerful, athletic, makes good runs, brings others into the play(rather than getting in their way) and scores. P.S, please don't quote Lamela's scoring record of 8 goals in reply, as five were in the Europa league against brick sides.

The guy has regressed almost back to where he was at the start of the season. Yeah the guy works hard, but that is not enough. Compare Lamela to Son. Well you can't really can you? Son is actually powerful, athletic, makes good runs, brings others into the play(rather than getting in their way) and scores. P.S, please don't quote Lamela's scoring record of 8 goals in reply, as five were in the Europa league against brick sides.

I don't agree.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Son played well last night and took his goal very well but Lamela also had a good game and as @DublinSpur said so well further up this page, is instrumental in how we play.

I think that you are in danger of focusing on Lamela's negatives and missing out on what he brings to the team.

He really hasn't. I struggle to understand why anyone would think that. Forgetting about the assists, goals etc, just looking at him playing he's moving the ball quicker, taking up better positions and playing at a much higher level than he was before.

He really hasn't. I struggle to understand why anyone would think that. Forgetting about the assists, goals etc, just looking at him playing he's moving the ball quicker, taking up better positions and playing at a much higher level than he was before.

I watched the Sunderland game again and noticed that an incredible amount of our play goes through Lamela. However, very little of what he tries comes off. He disjoints our play and doesn't seem to on the same wave length as his team mates. Son is a definite up-grade and is doing very well, considering his injury and lack of game time.

I watched the Sunderland game again and noticed that an incredible amount of our play goes through Lamela. However, very little of what he tries comes off. He disjoints our play and doesn't seem to on the same wave length as his team mates. Son is a definite up-grade and is doing very well, considering his injury and lack of game time.

There is a reason everything goes through him, because he has ability. By virtue of that, he's trying some things that others wont. Some stuff won't come off, some will. The idea being that when the stuff does come off it benefits us greatly (he creates a chance, or scores a goal) and when it doesn't it doesn't really harm us that much. I disagree that he disjoints our play. He moves the ball better in the correct areas now. He used to disjoint and slow everything down but I really don't feel he does that now.

As someone said previous, in his bad games now (which are nowhere near as common as before), he looks like a good premiership footballer having a bad game. In his bad games previous he looked like a 16 year old kid pulled out of his pub side and magically transported to White Hart Lane.

I don't agree.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Son played well last night and took his goal very well but Lamela also had a good game and as @DublinSpur said so well further up this page, is instrumental in how we play.

I think that you are in danger of focusing on Lamela's negatives and missing out on what he brings to the team.

I don't want to knock Lamela as I think he has certainly improved this season, but anyone who thought he had a good game yesterday was watching a different game to me. Same with the Sunderland game.

No worse than Eriksen then. Almost every through ball he attempts goes straight to a defender.

If anyone deserves to be dropped it Eriksen, Son should get a run in the team. Lamela, whilst frustrating with his final ball is very good to have in the team for his work rate alone. His final ball needs to improve but so does the teams. Walker and Rose cant cross. Eriksen cant take a corner. Pretty much only Trippier has a good final ball.

If anyone deserves to be dropped it Eriksen, Son should get a run in the team. Lamela, whilst frustrating with his final ball is very good to have in the team for his work rate alone. His final ball needs to improve but so does the teams. Walker and Rose cant cross. Eriksen cant take a corner. Pretty much only Trippier has a good final ball.

I disagree. Eriksen is so important to our attack and rarely gives the ball away. He oozes class and works very hard for the team.

Eriksen, Alli and Son would be my 3 behind Kane against Palace.

Back