• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Makes me laugh when people question whether he is a viable long-term part of this squad. And he is getting better and better. A fine player and currently in my first 11 without pause.

Makes me laugh when people question whether he is a viable long-term part of this squad. And he is getting better and better. A fine player and currently in my first 11 without pause.

I was a big critic and its documented on here

For me the only question now is are him and eriksen too similar and I rate eriksen highly so so there both on a very high pedal stool for me and I think lamella will be playing plenty of games for us in the future

His lack of goal threat and inability to beat a man are real issues, in my opinion.

Agree with your logic but his passing beats the man, but he does need more league goals

It doesn't hell playing teams that don't attack you and sit deep though. The best wingers in the world struggle with that

Do you ever believe he's going to score? I don't. It's quite a problem if you're playing with one striker, and we're assuming Eriksen starts and is never going to be prolific, and allowances are made for that as, in theory, our playmaker.

Do you ever believe he's going to score? I don't. It's quite a problem if you're playing with one striker, and we're assuming Eriksen starts and is never going to be prolific, and allowances are made for that as, in theory, our playmaker.

I've been thinking if we should play with two strikers. Kane is best as a striker, but always drops deep. We need a striker who can score 15+ goals a season and wants to stay up in an attacking position, pressing the defenders but not dropping deep. That way, takes the pressure from Kane a bit, and will help us in those games where perhaps Kane isn't quite at it.

The alternative is that Son starts more often as I trust him to score more the I trust our other midfielders to score.

Overall I think Lamela has excellent "ingredients" but somehow rarely puts them together to make the right "recipe".

He can do all sorts of tricks and skills, can run forever, can fight, beat people, shoot... but it is all way less than the sum of its parts.

Just watching the extended highlights on full matches and shows... that break where we had 5 men against 2 defenders... Dembele runs and runs and then sprays it all the way over to Lamela who simply has to square it to one of the unmarked guys, but shoots instead! Through the defender's legs and wide. I felt so sure he would dummy, pass, someone has a tap in.

Overall I think Lamela has excellent "ingredients" but somehow rarely puts them together to make the right "recipe".

He can do all sorts of tricks and skills, can run forever, can fight, beat people, shoot... but it is all way less than the sum of its parts.

Just watching the extended highlights on full matches and shows... that break where we had 5 men against 2 defenders... Dembele runs and runs and then sprays it all the way over to Lamela who simply has to square it to one of the unmarked guys, but shoots instead! Through the defender's legs and wide. I felt so sure he would dummy, pass, someone has a tap in.

Demebele over hit that pass so Lamella had to check, he should also have passed to his right as there were more options and Cattermole was moving to his right all the time leaving the space there

it was a valid strike on goal. powered angled strike - we are talking a fraction of a degree at the point his foot makes contact with the ball.

The typical Lamela would have looked for the pass, but instead he shot. That's what Harry does. If you want to be a goal scorer, like everyone wants him to be, you have to take shots and I liked the fact he was aggressive about it.

He'll get goals, he's heavily involved in and around the box, it's just a case of getting some luck. His technique is amazing, confidence is growing and effort is second to none.

Just watched the game again. Two things struck me. the number of times things don't come off from Lamela and how he doesn't seem to be on the same page as the players around him. He has also gone back to taking too many touches.

The typical Lamela would have looked for the pass, but instead he shot. That's what Harry does. If you want to be a goal scorer, like everyone wants him to be, you have to take shots and I liked the fact he was aggressive about it.

Exactly. I think Lamela took the best option by shooting at goal. Too bad he couldn't score. But he should be more greedy to score like this if he wants to score more goals. But now he is more good at creating goal scoring chances for others. Look at his inch perfect cross for Alli who should have scored from his header.

Exactly. I think Lamela took the best option by shooting at goal. Too bad he couldn't score. But he should be more greedy to score like this if he wants to score more goals. But now he is more good at creating goal scoring chances for others. Look at his inch perfect cross for Alli who should have scored from his header.
Actually if alli nods that down Harry has a tap in. I think this is out issue just now m, we are desperate to score, not indivually but as a team. Earlier on I thought Harry was being greedy and selfish but I'm now thinking its anxiety. We are lacking a bit of maturity in the final third. It's only natural and will come.

Actually if alli nods that down Harry has a tap in. I think this is out issue just now m, we are desperate to score, not indivually but as a team. Earlier on I thought Harry was being greedy and selfish but I'm now thinking its anxiety. We are lacking a bit of maturity in the final third. It's only natural and will come.

Agreed. I think we lack a real experienced leader in the team now, especially in attack. Someone who could calm us down and get us going when needed. Someone who could talk to the young players, giving them on field advice and motivation. Remember we had players like Davids and VDV who would motivate the players around them.

True the likes of Lamela and Son may need an older pro to steady them but of the others, Kane for me is already an old head on young shoulders. He has leadership qualities, he'll be fine.

No one would claim Eriksen is a leader but he doesn't need it from others either. Like Kane he's steady, self-motivated and driven. He puts in a shift every game regardless, not infrequently coming up with something special at the death when it's needed most.

Agree with the first part. But in the X1 without a pause? I think not. We sometimes look like we have all the possession in the world but are creating too little. We have other options available which could offer as much if not more - notably Son at present and maybe Berahino in future.

I also tend to agree with others who think that maybe Eriksen and Lamela might be a bit like Lampard and Gerrard for England. Not synergistic. We sometimes need more of a goal threat against teams who sit back. A Son or Berahino may possibly offer more goals and therefore I certainly don't think Lamela is a shoe in the the X1, certainly not without pause.

Back