• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Erik Lamela - Official

I must admit, i hadn't seen him play at Roma. So i had no opinion of him, and i wasn't impressed with his Youtube vids.

Last night was the first time seeing him properly and i have to say i was impressed, very impressed. I'm actually glad he isn't a Bale clone, looking to take on and beat a man with pace and skill.

I always look at Arsenal and are jealous of their style of play, fast, concise intricate passing. They really don't do the whole individual winger thing based on dribbling and beating your man one on one. Oxlade-chamberlain is the closest but he's not a regular. Actually they have Walcott but he tends to be the recipient at the end of these passages of play. Plus he's ****e.

With Lamela we have a guy with a style of play that wouln't look out of place at Barca. Fast, decisive, progressive one touch passing and MOVEMENT. How long have we complained of statues playing for us?? I just hope others are on his wave length. I can see quick passing moves between him, Eriksen and Paulinho. Those 3 need more time on the pitch together to gel

Yep, agreed. I think people have forgotten the concept of what a team player looks like.

I must admit, i hadn't seen him play at Roma. So i had no opinion of him, and i wasn't impressed with his Youtube vids.

Last night was the first time seeing him properly and i have to say i was impressed, very impressed. I'm actually glad he isn't a Bale clone, looking to take on and beat a man with pace and skill.

I always look at Arsenal and are jealous of their style of play, fast, concise intricate passing. They really don't do the whole individual winger thing based on dribbling and beating your man one on one. Oxlade-chamberlain is the closest but he's not a regular. Actually they have Walcott but he tends to be the recipient at the end of these passages of play. Plus he's ****e.

With Lamela we have a guy with a style of play that wouln't look out of place at Barca. Fast, decisive, progressive one touch passing and MOVEMENT. How long have we complained of statues playing for us?? I just hope others are on his wave length. I can see quick passing moves between him, Eriksen and Paulinho. Those 3 need more time on the pitch together to gel

actually lamela probably wouldnt look out of place in most places. barca i think is a stretch though as we are talking about the technical ability and incisive passing of the best players on earth

and yet you cant find anything to prove as such. and i just looked at that page and not one person slated eriksen . more made up bull**** i think personally. all people said there was that there was a player they would prefer.

it doesnt suprise me you jump to the wrong conclusion again. you are as you have pointed out blessed with much superior intellect

There's more than one page Einstein. I also said "doubt", not "slate".

and yet you cant find anything to prove as such. and i just looked at that page and not one person slated eriksen . more made up bull**** i think personally. all people said there was that there was a player they would prefer.

it doesnt suprise me you jump to the wrong conclusion again. you are as you have pointed out blessed with much superior intellect

you asked if their were people doubting Eriksen and in that thread there were quite a few...Gutter Boy being the main one. I think you might have to take a look again

There's more than one page Einstein. I also said "doubt", not "slate".
forgive me for putting words in your mouth, thought that was the theme of the day

who doubted him?

and it doesnt help me to go through over a score of pages ... you are the one that knows that this occured and when it did. you pretty much have to show

you two guys have issues if you think that page has doubters. its definately an issue IMO

jeez check the third post on the first page if you cant be bothered reading past the first page

Gutter Boy

Very overrated. Had a decent 6 months when he first came on the scene, but has been very poor of late.

He's the kind of player Liverpool or Saudi Sportswashing Machine will buy and he'll be decent, if inconsistent, for them. Certainly no better than Siggy or our Rafa replacement though.

you asked if their were people doubting Eriksen and in that thread there were quite a few...Gutter Boy being the main one. I think you might have to take a look again

i said i looked at the page i was directed to not the whole thread.

and the only thing that gutter boy said was that he would PREFER someone else. how is that making him a doubter?

this is going to come across as incredibly patronising but i have just realised , much like when i play COD, that i might be talking to a much younger generation...in which case there may be a MASSIVE language barrier (i was going to ask you your age but it doesnt matter and you dont have to answwer that)

jeez check the third post on the first page if you cant be bothered reading past the first page

Gutter Boy

Very overrated. Had a decent 6 months when he first came on the scene, but has been very poor of late.

He's the kind of player Liverpool or Saudi Sportswashing Machine will buy and he'll be decent, if inconsistent, for them. Certainly no better than Siggy or our Rafa replacement though.

:lol:

okay.....thats a bit of a doubting

oh Gutter boy:lol:

another....Denmark Spur

Watching Eriksen putting in another lacklustre display for Denmark

He is just incredibly overrated

Rumours that Klopp is in attendance today. Surely wont sign him for Dortmund on this display.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan on the other hand - what a player =D>

For the last six months I've been convinced he was the only player out there who could genuinely replace Bale. Can believe we've got him.

Welcome Erik the Lama.

I am confused. This is GB's 1st post in this thread. (Page 2)

another....Denmark Spur

Watching Eriksen putting in another lacklustre display for Denmark

He is just incredibly overrated

Rumours that Klopp is in attendance today. Surely wont sign him for Dortmund on this display.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan on the other hand - what a player =D>

to be fair Denmark Spur probably sees more of him than any of us have. if someone is allowed to express doubts its him.

Someone should be allowed to express their opinion of a player whether it's after a full season or one game.

It's not as if their opinions aren't allowed to change - or they're stating it as fact.

You are right, but also people have the right to disagree and say they are mistaken. For example, if I would have watched only the Tromso game and said, "JD should start every match for us, as he scored two goals last night," I would be entitled to express my opinion, as people would be entitled to disagree.

To be honest, it's not really about what someone said or didn't say; it's more about the idea that you could say someone isn't worth X amount of money based on ONE performance. I just think that's unintelligent, and if you keep judging players based on small sample sizes, your opinion will fluctuate week in and week out.

Lamela is one of our most talented players, and barring injury, I really believe he will be a world star for us. Just gotta have a little patience.

actually lamela probably wouldnt look out of place in most places. barca i think is a stretch though as we are talking about the technical ability and incisive passing of the best players on earth

I didn't come across clearly, but i was talking about his STYLE of play is Barca. Fast, decisive, progressive one touch passing and MOVEMENT.

As for the player himself and Barca, i don't know. Maybe. I think within a year, yes.

Ganter about the Eriksen signing

cant really see the point of this, overrated player although young

:lol:

to be fair Denmark Spur probably sees more of him than any of us have. if someone is allowed to express doubts its him.

of course Denmark Spur is better placed than manyof us to offer an opinion, im just pointing him out as one of the doubters who you claim didnt exist

Back