• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Erik Lamela - Official

Guys, stop. People are already slating Lamela, seriously? It was one match, that we won 3-0. Lamela got one assist, created 3 chances, and generally kept the ball moving well. Sure, he didn't beat three men then whack it into the top corner, but he integrated well and had an all-around solid game.

For all of those who are saying he was bought solely on potential, I guess scoring 15 goals in a fairly average side in Serie A (when was the last time JD had 15 league goals?) means he hasn't achieved anything in the game. He has HUGE potential — GB hadn't achieved the same things at 21 — but is already a CLASS player.

Seriously, get a grip people. Lamela is a player with real class who should make a big impact this year. But, if you've ever played football, you know it takes some time to get used to playing w/ new teammates, especially considering many of the players he was playing with aren't first choice at the minute. We have a gem here.

You've incited this reaction because of this dumb post you made straight after the game:

that isnt my fault people like you are so sensitive. its a simple ****ing comment that has you crying and calling me dumb:lol: ...... get a skin man

i didnt see 30 million pounds worth, big deal. fact of the matter is, that statement is actually true for me. in yesterdays game i didnt see what i thought (or even really that close) i would see based on what people said about him before

am glad you lifted the lid on the allowance of negative phrases cause quite frankly i think you overhyping everything it does is pretty dumb too.

Last edited:

Lamela would have looked a hell of a lot better against Tromso if he had had a full back overlapping down the right side, creating space and dragging his 2 markers away.

Naughton hardly even got down the line, like Walker does.

He played fine, he clearly has class, he will probably be exceptional in time.

I think Mumorn was the one saying Lamela is [or would be] Captain Awesome

he does that about everyone he likes, nah it wasnt just him though...there were a **** load of people on that train. Rossi22 was probably riding shotgun the way he's looking to jump infront of a pebble going in lamela's direction

He has played less than 2 games for us! Give him time, he's a great player but not every player adapts instantly to a new team, new team mates and a new league.

By the end of the season, you'll be happy that we signed him and likely think that he's value for money. If not, feel free to post this and I'll admit that I was wrong.

out of curiosity, how long do we give him?

that isnt my fault people like you are so sensitive. its a simple ****ing comment that has you crying and calling me dumb:lol: ...... get a skin man

i didnt see 30 million pounds worth, big deal. fact of the matter is, that statement is actually true for me. in yesterdays game i didnt see what i thought (or even really that close) i would see based on what people said about him before

am glad you lifted the lid on the allowance of negative phrases cause quite frankly i think you overhyping everything it does is pretty dumb too.

I don't think anyone is crying, we are just saying that we disagree with you. Football is obviously a game of opinions, but if you followed his body of work at Roma, you would realize why what you are saying is short-sided. I'd rather judge a player based on a body of work than one game in the Europa League. You were probably the same guy slating Bale when he got shut down at Everton.

Someone should be allowed to express their opinion of a player whether it's after a full season or one game.

It's not as if their opinions aren't allowed to change - or they're stating it as fact.

out of curiosity, how long do we give him?

A season. The same way that I would give AVB this season to gel the team. Next season no excuses so to speak.

Then again if he doesnt perform (as with any player) his value will drop and there is a good chance you gotta persevere.

I think he will come extraordinarily good for us but will take a longer time than the other players.

Last edited:

I don't think anyone is crying, we are just saying that we disagree with you. Football is obviously a game of opinions, but if you followed his body of work at Roma, you would realize why what you are saying is short-sided. I'd rather judge a player based on a body of work than one game in the Europa League. You were probably the same guy slating Bale when he got shut down at Everton.

its funny you mention that, cause i was actually one of the only people saying that bale should get moved away from full back and would make an amazing wing back, winger , and then progress him on to being a shadow forward...so no i wasnt in that mindset for bale

oh people are definately offended over a "simple comment" and i think its ridiculous. people arent saying that they disagree either....actually except for the whole amazing sublime pass thing. they are just basically having a go at something i have not said simply because i am not rushing on to this band wagon lightly

just out of curiosity , what definitive judgement have i made about him? its stuff like that that gets this whole thing twisted, you are sitting there saying i have passed judgement on him....when in fact i havent. what i have said is that in yesterdays game i didnt see what was the big out of this world tottenham transfer record big deal on this kid, which i'm sorry to say...i didnt see!!

and yes i have NOT followed the body of work of this kid. this puts me a significant disadvantage so i rely on people who have. those people made out we were signing an absolute impacting giant...i just wanted to see glimpses of this...i didnt see much. sue me

yes i too would like to reserve judgement on someone until i have a larger sample....again, where the notion that i have passed judgement on him has come from i wont know

people are just implying things from what i have said......and it can only be looked as such if you have some level of hurt feelings when something is said about the kid

He has played less than 2 games for us! Give him time, he's a great player but not every player adapts instantly to a new team, new team mates and a new league.

By the end of the season, you'll be happy that we signed him and likely think that he's value for money. If not, feel free to post this and I'll admit that I was wrong.

Yeah, that came across a bit wrong. I'm not saying that I don't think he's good enough. I'm really happy that we got him and do think that he'll be massive for us in time, but what I was trying to say was that the way he was portrayed on here and what we acctually got isn't the same.

he does that about everyone he likes, nah it wasnt just him though...there were a **** load of people on that train. Rossi22 was probably riding shotgun the way he's looking to jump infront of a pebble going in lamela's direction

I hadn't actually said anything about Lamela previous to us signing him as I hadn't seen him. The only player I gave a strong opinion on was Eriksen when the majority were doubting him.

Someone should be allowed to express their opinion of a player whether it's after a full season or one game.

It's not as if their opinions aren't allowed to change - or they're stating it as fact.

Thank GHod!!!!

We have an sensible pragmatic man in the building

the thing is that i didnt even form an opinion of lamela the footballer i just stated that i didnt see the 30 million yesterday. am sitting there eating a sandwich and i am thinking "i didnt really get what i expected. oh well , onwards to the next game"

and this happens...like i have pronounced him ****

do you know we are not even allowed to look for 'signs' of a 30 million pound player. not looking for the finished article 30 million......no not that...it goes down to even the signs of it. which ironically is exactly the kind of stuff i was looking for

you make a long post , no one reads it. you make a small one...people jump to the wrong conclusion cause you dont elaborate

He's not worth 30 million maybe half that but he's great addition for us

Prefer Lennon though

I hadn't actually said anything about Lamela previous to us signing him as I hadn't seen him. The only player I gave a strong opinion on was Eriksen when the majority were doubting him.

people were doubting eriksen? are you sure about that?

maybe their comments were too simple for you and you jumped to the wrong conclusion?

Lamela had a good solid game yesterday. Seemed to want to get involved, some sublime touches, just not quite on the same wavelength as his team mates at times.

Looks like he could be the real deal, however most of that will depend on how his attitude is.

I must admit, i hadn't seen him play at Roma. So i had no opinion of him, and i wasn't impressed with his Youtube vids.

Last night was the first time seeing him properly and i have to say i was impressed, very impressed. I'm actually glad he isn't a Bale clone, looking to take on and beat a man with pace and skill.

I always look at Arsenal and are jealous of their style of play, fast, concise intricate passing. They really don't do the whole individual winger thing based on dribbling and beating your man one on one. Oxlade-chamberlain is the closest but he's not a regular. Actually they have Walcott but he tends to be the recipient at the end of these passages of play. Plus he's ****e.

With Lamela we have a guy with a style of play that wouln't look out of place at Barca. Fast, decisive, progressive one touch passing and MOVEMENT. How long have we complained of statues playing for us?? I just hope others are on his wave length. I can see quick passing moves between him, Eriksen and Paulinho. Those 3 need more time on the pitch together to gel

and yet you cant find anything to prove as such. and i just looked at that page and not one person slated eriksen . more made up bull**** i think personally. all people said there was that there was a player they would prefer.

it doesnt suprise me you jump to the wrong conclusion again. you are as you have pointed out blessed with much superior intellect

Back