• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

AVB should just play Lloris now. Regardless of what Brad deserves, we need to look at it logically in terms of the club. If Lloris is the future bed him in now and play him in the same way the decision of Caulker over Dawson had now been made. King and that idiot Campbell wouldn't have been as good without having been thrown in and given games even in what was then, poor sides

I would certainly play him tomorrow but I suspect that AVB will not.

it's not about the past, it's not even about the future, AVB should base his decision solely on who he feels is gonna perform better next time out

he knows their state of mind, their physical fitness and their form, the only 3 criteria that matter

it's not about the past, it's not even about the future, AVB should base his decision solely on who he feels is gonna perform better next time out

he knows their state of mind, their physical fitness and their form, the only 3 criteria that matter

I think that how best to introduce him to the English game/team and the message that he wants to send out to the squad could also be considerations.

The goalie/striker thing is absolutely crucial.
And IMO it is about who is the Daddy not who is the best player in either position.

I disagree, it very much is about the future. Lloris is hardly some spotty teenager either, he's a high experienced top class goalkeeper, he can be our keeper for the next decade so why risk harming that? Well done Brad, you've had a good run, now go and play in the numerous cup games that are hopefully coming our way this season.

I disagree, it very much is about the future. Lloris is hardly some spotty teenager either, he's a high experienced top class goalkeeper, he can be our keeper for the next decade so why risk harming that? Well done Brad, you've had a good run, now go and play in the numerous cup games that are hopefully coming our way this season.

look a couple of miles down the road, they have been so busy with their build for the future project they've not won anything since Alan Smith was listed on the team sheets

Lloris is just simply better from what i've seen, why wait?

Friedel isn't the same keeper he was 4 or 5 years ago, he reminds me massively of Peter Shilton in the 1990 world cup, didn't really make any mistakes, but his reactions were just so slow they caused problems in themselves.

France next play on the 14th of November, so that means Lloris should be in goal away to City on the 11th. After that he'll have to wait until March.

The AVB theory.

What a strange situation we find ourselves in. AVB does everything except inspire confidence in me personally. Lloris is the future. Time to move on AVB. Tick...tock...

really baffled why Lloris is not in goal today. Friedel against Chelsea was not good, this should have been a good test for Lloris today

most keepers don't peak till late twenties, there is no rush

Lloris is one of the top keepers in the world so it's going to be hard for us to keep hold of him. Therefore, we might as well play him as much as possible.

I was reluctant for AVB to drop Friedel at first as Friedel was playing well, but once he did finally go for Lloris, why did he then go back to Friedel? Lloris made a bad throw which nearly led to Villa scoring, but other than that, did he deserve to get dropped for the Chelsea game?

Lloris is one of the top keepers in the world so it's going to be hard for us to keep hold of him. Therefore, we might as well play him as much as possible.

I was reluctant for AVB to drop Friedel at first as Friedel was playing well, but once he did finally go for Lloris, why did he then go back to Friedel? Lloris made a bad throw which nearly led to Villa scoring, but other than that, did he deserve to get dropped for the Chelsea game?

I can think of four possible reasons for AVB continuing with Brad as first choice which are:

1. He think that Brad is better.
2. With a makeshift and inexperienced defence, he think that a more steady and reliable keeper makes their job easier.
3. He thinks that Lloris will benefit from a slow introduction to the team or will take a while to acclimatise to the English game.
4. He is trying to make a point to the squad about fighting for their places.

Just speculation, could be something else entirely.

I can think of four possible reasons for AVB continuing with Brad as first choice which are:

1. He think that Brad is better.
2. With a makeshift and inexperienced defence, he think that a more steady and reliable keeper makes their job easier.
3. He thinks that Lloris will benefit from a slow introduction to the team or will take a while to acclimatise to the English game.
4. He is trying to make a point to the squad about fighting for their places.

Just speculation, could be something else entirely.

All of those are possible. But I don't get why he chose to drop Friedel for Villa, then go back to Friedel for Chelsea. I get why he would rotate keepers for Europe and cup games, but just stick with the same keeper for the league games. My guess would be he's trying to keep Lloris happy, but he's bound to be more annoyed being dropped after finally being given a chance.

All of those are possible. But I don't get why he chose to drop Friedel for Villa, then go back to Friedel for Chelsea. I get why he would rotate keepers for Europe and cup games, but just stick with the same keeper for the league games. My guess would be he's trying to keep Lloris happy, but he's bound to be more annoyed being dropped after finally being given a chance.

I think that the Villa selection points towards reason 3

My guess is that it has to do with communication and familiarity with the defense. I actually think this is pretty important for a gk, especially one that plays such a different style from Friedal, and in a system that requires extensive interaction with the out-field players (ie. AVB's "sweeper keeper"). If Lloris could speak English or if Kaboul was there (thus giving us two Gallic CBs) maybe this would not be a big deal, but if the defense can't understand what the keeper will do - come out, rush out early, leave it, etc. - then we could end up with a few embarrassing mishaps. I guess a few words would not be difficult to learn, but they have to be learned so well that they become intuitive in the heat of the moment - because just one mistake could fudge up Lloris's Spurs career for a long time, once the media gets on his back.

GK is a mentally fragile position you have to be careful with, so I don't mind bedding him in slowly. I'm hoping we introduce him through home games, and then the supertough ones - because we're expected to lose against the likes of Emirates Marketing Project anyways, and withstanding a barrage could help build up his confidence.

For me, even though Lloris is a top keeper and he would be my first choice, we have been very lucky to have Friedel in goal. He is a top keeper.
Again, like most Spurs fans do though, is soon as a nice shiney new toy comes along its better than the old one, and even though there is nothing much wrong with the old one, it gets disgarded easily. I've been known to do it too.

Back