• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

And that would be a poor decision, imv

In terms of getting results, I don't think it makes a lot of difference, they are both decent keepers. Logic suggests that sooner or later Lloris will be established as first choice but I think that AVB should be given the freedom to manage the transition as he sees fit.

In terms of getting results, I don't think it makes a lot of difference, they are both decent keepers. Logic suggests that sooner or later Lloris will be established as first choice but I think that AVB should be given the freedom to manage the transition as he sees fit.

Of course mate, agreed, but there will be a difference. Age dictates that your reactions at 41 are going to be a little less than your reactions at 25...

Of course mate, agreed, but there will be a difference. Age dictates that your reactions at 41 are going to be a little less than your reactions at 25...

Brad is as fit as a fiddle.

I don't even believe Lloris is an upgrade. Lloris is better coming off of his line, but his command of the area, shot stopping and distribution aren't any better than Friedel's and he makes a lot more eccentric errors. Lloris is younger, and that's all he has over Brad.

And this is where I fundamentally disagree on this topic - a higher grade keeper can make a massive difference in the outcome of the game. Not to mention that keeper rotation is hardly the answer bearing in mind he's reluctant to even rotate our 2 strikers.

And this is where I fundamentally disagree on this topic - a higher grade keeper can make a massive difference in the outcome of the game. Not to mention that keeper rotation is hardly the answer bearing in mind he's reluctant to even rotate our 2 strikers.

Which result do you think would have been different if Hugo had played instead of Brad?

Which result do you think would have been different if Hugo had played instead of Brad?

I like Friedel and like Lloris - not been in this debate as I just dont care who is in goal. However I dont think its as simple as saying which results will have been different. I think with Lloris he comes out and can command the area (from the little I have seen of him) which helps in instilling confidence in the defence etc.

I wont say that Lloris will have changed results (for good or for bad) but for me he instills confidence as I do like to see a keeper come off his line and come to the edge of his box etc. Friedel lacks that. In my view both are on par shot stopping wise but Lloris has much better command of his area and thats why I would like Lloris in goal.

Brad is as fit as a fiddle.

I don't even believe Lloris is an upgrade. Lloris is better coming off of his line, but his command of the area, shot stopping and distribution aren't any better than Friedel's and he makes a lot more eccentric errors. Lloris is younger, and that's all he has over Brad.

I didn't say Friedel wasn't fit, you're missing my point. You can be the fittest guy in the universe, but at 41 your reactions are not always going to be the same as a 25 year old's.

Incidentaly, I applaud his embrace of yoga (like Giggs) but I still think it's time.

I still love Gomes. I would happily have him as our no.1 today, and have always maintained that.
Thought he might get a fair go under AVB before we signed Lloris

You and I might be the only two Gomes supporters left here...but I have accepted he's on his way at some point sadly...

I think Lloris is better than Friedel, but regardless of that: Lloris is the future of our club, not Friedel. There is absolutely nothing to gain from keeping Friedel as number 1. All this talk about merit and keeping your place is just gonads. The best players should play more than the other ones and for the GK spot there is no reason not to start Lloris.

I think Lloris is better than Friedel, but regardless of that: Lloris is the future of our club, not Friedel. There is absolutely nothing to gain from keeping Friedel as number 1. All this talk about merit and keeping your place is just gonads. The best players should play more than the other ones and for the GK spot there is no reason not to start Lloris.

This

Noriwch, WBA and Chelsea could have been different. He could have saved Ben Arfa's penalty. Yes, we would never know but a high-class keeper can make a difference. If you are suggesting otherwise there is little we can debate forward on this topic.

I have not followed France closely so can't say who is the better goalie but Lloris is the future unless he gets the hump and becomes history.
AVB has form for giving top players the hump and I do not want a repeat at Spurs.
Put me down as a third Gomes fan.

Edit: What, 4 of us?

Last edited:
Lloris seems to have a forward motion to his play, a decisive, high energy approach that makes the defence and midfield press the oppo more.
With the way we line up and play, i beleive lloris' style will help us win games.
Im a big friedal fan, but i think its time for consistency in the lge,and time for lloris.
Play brad in the cups however,as i think his experience and leadership will
give us an edge in such games.

AVB should just play Lloris now. Regardless of what Brad deserves, we need to look at it logically in terms of the club. If Lloris is the future bed him in now and play him in the same way the decision of Caulker over Dawson had now been made. King and that idiot Campbell wouldn't have been as good without having been thrown in and given games even in what was then, poor sides

Seeing Julio Cesar today against Arsenal, he was World Class. Almost won QPR a point single handedly but at the end, shocking officiating cost him a cleansheet and his team a point. Makes me want Lloris in goal as he is capable.

Noriwch, WBA and Chelsea could have been different. He could have saved Ben Arfa's penalty. Yes, we would never know but a high-class keeper can make a difference. If you are suggesting otherwise there is little we can debate forward on this topic.

How many more points do you think we would have if Lloris had started those games?

Back