• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Regardless of what I think about the relative merits of Brad and Hugo, if Hugo isn't installed as regular 1st team GK very soon, then AVB will have fudged up. Why? There's no way the powers that be sat Hugo down and said sign for Spurs you can warm the bench for a season (unless Brad gets injured). If Hugo was signed to be our future first team GK, then he was considered good enough at the time, (he is after all France's captain and GK) and he should be put in goal now.

Yes it is harsh on Brad, but who would you rather tinkle off, the future goalkeeper or the one that's about to leave. And if AVB is worried about what happened at Chelsea, it is nothing like dropping loyal Frank Lampard, who had been at Chelsea forever etc ect...

So get on with it AVB --or if AVB doesn't rate him good enough to be 1st team GK in the future -sell him in January...otherwise noone will be wanting to sign for us, whatever we "promise" them.

Regardless of what I think about the relative merits of Brad and Hugo, if Hugo isn't installed as regular 1st team GK very soon, then AVB will have fudged up. Why? There's no way the powers that be sat Hugo down and said sign for Spurs you can warm the bench for a season (unless Brad gets injured). If Hugo was signed to be our future first team GK, then he was considered good enough at the time, (he is after all France's captain and GK) and he should be put in goal now.

Yes it is harsh on Brad, but who would you rather tinkle off, the future goalkeeper or the one that's about to leave. And if AVB is worried about what happened at Chelsea, it is nothing like dropping loyal Frank Lampard, who had been at Chelsea forever etc ect...

So get on with it AVB --or if AVB doesn't rate him good enough to be 1st team GK in the future -sell him in January...otherwise noone will be wanting to sign for us, whatever we "promise" them.

This.
problem is, AVB is BIG on squad unity and fairness, thus he's pushed himself into a corner here.

This.
problem is, AVB is BIG on squad unity and fairness, thus he's pushed himself into a corner here.

Not really. If Lloris is as good as hoped he'll soon be putting in the big performances and showing he's better then brad thus earning that number one shirt.

I think the idea of picking the team solely on merit is just as problematic as picking favourites. If AVB has told the players that is what he is doing, then he is in a corner re Brad. What if player x has two bad games in a row, do they get dropped? And if not their replacement comes knocking on the door to demand why not? There's a lot to be said for consistency, especially with GK's. Brad might have one or two bad games in row, but if AVB drops him as result, what is he going to do when Defoe has two bad games in a row, or Dembele?

I think a manager should 1) Decide on his best team over the first few games or pre-season if possible 2) sit all the players down, tell them he is going to pick the side he thinks will win, he is not promising any player a regular run out, and that most players will get a chance to play their part over the season. 3) pick the captain based on who has most dressing room influence -get them on your side 4) pick whatever team he likes from game to game ..it is his job on the line after all. 5) Hope you don't have to drop the captain.

Lloris is getting impatient because he's been on the bench for a month? Jesus. Look, AVB knows Lloris will be first choice by December. Friedel knows that. Hell, even Lloris probably knows that. That's just the way this situation is headed, and that's certainly not a slight against the admirably consistent Brad. So the moaning to the French press gets on my nerves.

cant really judge him on tonight but what i do notice is he seems a lot sharper than brad, coming off his line etc, that may well be age thing but it is noticeable. seems to gee up the players a bit also, see him clapping etc. i think we should give him a run in the prem and see how good he really is.

its a matter of time. AVB is taking alot of flack for managing the transition right now, but i believe he wants to bed in lloris gradually and properly.

cant really judge him on tonight but what i do notice is he seems a lot sharper than brad, coming off his line etc, that may well be age thing but it is noticeable. seems to gee up the players a bit also, see him clapping etc. i think we should give him a run in the prem and see how good he really is.

unfortunately thats all people like me have to go on outside of CL games and international friendlies

It's really beginning to frustrate me now, I thought it was good management at first to stick with Brad and slowly get LLoris in but if Brad starts again on Sunday then I can imagine Lloris feeling a bit tinkled off. We have a world class goalkeeper relatively young and a good goalkeeper nearing retirement, surely perfect as number 2.

It's really beginning to frustrate me now, I thought it was good management at first to stick with Brad and slowly get LLoris in but if Brad starts again on Sunday then I can imagine Lloris feeling a bit tinkled off. We have a world class goalkeeper relatively young and a good goalkeeper nearing retirement, surely perfect as number 2.

thats two people that have crwoned him world class

Awwwww poor Hugo. How dare big bad AVB have the audacity to start Brad Friedel ahead of him and make Hugo sit on the bench. awwwwww.

Back