• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Out of favour Hugo Lloris has hinted he is ready to quit Tottenham in January after admitting he is not prepared to "live this situation any longer".

The France No1 has been unable to dislodge veteran custodian Brad Friedel since his summer move to White Hart Lane from French giants Lyon.

Lloris, 25, has made just three appearances for Spurs this season, two of which have come in the Europa League, with boss Andre Villas-Boas preferring instead to keep faith with 41-year-old Friedel.

Lloris' continued omission from Premier League duty has led to speculation the French shot-stopper could be on his way when the transfer window opens with Italian giants AC Milan rumoured to be interested.

France boss Didier Deschamps has already admitted that Lloris' place in his side let along his captaincy could be in jeopardy should he continue to struggle to hold down regular first-team action.

No wonder then that Lloris admits he feels "powerless" in his current situation after again watching from the sidelines at the weekend as Spurs crashed to a 4-2 home defeat to Chelsea.

"It's not my motivation to be on the bench," Lloris told Stade 2. "I do not worry but I feel powerless, I want to play and I think I was brought to Tottenham for this purpose. I'm ambitious and I want to be on the pitch.

"I have respect for all the people in the club, but things are clear, I'm not here to live this situation any longer."

In the three games Lloris has played so far - against Lazio, Aston Villa and Panathinaikos - Spurs have conceded just one goal.

Judging by Brad's last performance and result - AVB has very little reason to bench him against Southampton. Relax, Hugo

and if Ricky Lambert bangs in a couple against Lloris on Sunday what will happen then, i wouldnt be surprised if Brad is recalled 8-[

know where your bread is buttered AVB.....Lloris is your future, stick with him!!!!!!!

Brad Friedel says there's no big fight at Tottenham with rival keeper Hugo Lloris

Last Updated: October 22, 2012 5:45pm

Lloris' arrival from Lyon prior to the close of the transfer window had prompted suggestions that Friedel would be forced to play second fiddle at White Hart Lane this season.

However, Andre Villas-Boas has alternated the pair for the last three Premier League matches with Friedel starting Saturday's 4-2 defeat by Chelsea.

"It was always in his (Villas-Boas') plans to play me against Chelsea and I knew from the point he benched me against Aston Villa," Friedel told sportsillustrated.com.

"The media wanted to make out that it was this big fight between Hugo and myself and the manager, but there was never a big fight.

"The fact is Tottenham have been looking for the last year and a half for a long-term No.1 goalkeeper.

"The media wanted to make out that it was this big fight between Hugo and myself and the manager, but there was never a big fight."
Brad FriedelQuotes of the week.

"I don't think they envisioned what my fitness levels would be at this age and I sort of surprised myself.

"So we have a competition now. It's healthy, but there's a competition. It's friendly.

"It's going to be a situation where Andre will choose a team that he feels will win the game on the day and that's how it'll be from now until the end of the season. I don't think anyone will be 'guaranteed' starts, if you like."

Friedel's record of 310 successive Premier League starts ended earlier this month, but the former USA international refuses to mourn its conclusion.

"When I ended last season and played all the games, I went into the summer sort of half-expecting this year would be when the run would end at some stage," he said.

"You never know when it will end. But 310 consecutive games, can I complain? No.

"I never put myself out on the field in a game just to make that number, and I don't think any manager put me out there because of the number.

"It's an achievement that I'm proud of, not just because of the number but ultimately because I've kept my form up for this long."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ht-at-Tottenham-with-rival-keeper-Hugo-Lloris

Last edited:
"It's going to be a situation where Andre will choose a team that he feels will win the game on the day and that's how it'll be from now until the end of the season. I don't think anyone will be 'guaranteed' starts, if you like."

you cant do this with keepers ](*,)

No, not really

He knows it's over and trying to be graceful about it - fair play to him

i wouldnt be so sure about that. Everyone thought after the Villa game that it was all over for Brad in the league and it was all about Lloris from then on. Wrong!

Plus Lloris performed miracles for France against the double European champions and World champions Spain and still couldnt make it into the side at the weekend.

good luck with that AVB

i wouldnt be so sure about that. Everyone thought after the Villa game that it was all over for Brad in the league and it was all about Lloris from then on. Wrong!

Plus Lloris performed miracles for France against the double European champions and World champions Spain and still couldnt make it into the side at the weekend.

good luck with that AVB

Ignore him mate, he's the same guy that claimed after the Villa game that it's over for Brad and Hugo will be number 1 from now on. It's more what he hopes will happen then anything.

Anyway regarding Hugo if he's gonna bitch about it already he might as well leave. What a bricky attitude he seems to have.

I think that some people are staking a little too much on this and it is becoming personal. All keepers make mistakes and it is going to be impossible for Lloris to live up to the expectations that some have for him. Sadly, a backlash normally follows inflated expectations.

i think AVB will save Lloris for all the must win games. chelsea without dembele and bale was never going to be a must win.

i think AVB will save Lloris for all the must win games. chelsea without dembele and bale was never going to be a must win.

I think that the evidence so far points to the opposite but I would expect Brad and Hugo to swap places in the pecking order before the season is out.

I think that the evidence so far points to the opposite but I would expect Brad and Hugo to swap places in the pecking order before the season is out.

For the sake of both AVB and Lloris I think the change needs to happen soon, at least before Christmas. IMO Lloris the better keeper and the longer this drags out, the worse it will get from the media.

For the sake of both AVB and Lloris I think the change needs to happen soon, at least before Christmas. IMO Lloris the better keeper and the longer this drags out, the worse it will get from the media.

AVB is a stubborn bugger though

Sometimes he shouldn't be. Sometimes you should rotate players just for the sake of it. Give them a break and let them know they're never guaranteed to be playing. But I'm not a believer in always playing your best XI. I do think Lloris is so much better than the rest of our keepers that he needs to be 1st choice.

Sometimes he shouldn't be. Sometimes you should rotate players just for the sake of it. Give them a break and let them know they're never guaranteed to be playing. But I'm not a believer in always playing your best XI. I do think Lloris is so much better than the rest of our keepers that he needs to be 1st choice.

I haven't seen enough of him to judge. He's done alright in his games for us so far without being spectacular. I can't say that I ever noticed him much when I have seen him for France or Lens before he joined us.

Do think AVB will use the excuse of Brad shipping 4 goals (regardless of it was his fault) to give Lloris the number 1 spot

I don't think its stubborness, I think its a case of him not wanting to repeat his supposed mistake at Chelsea to replace the likes of Lampard. Imagine the uproar in the press if he dropped friedel Immediately. They would be on his back for dropping a "premier league great". In this situation he cannot win, all he can do is play Friedel until it becomes apparent he cannot keep up his high standards. In my opinion he wasn't even that good last season, as much experience as he has, sometimes agility and reaction time are a lot more important.

Then why drop brad for villa and play lloris. Giving fac, the media nd possibly lloris false impressions. It makes him look like he doesn't know what he's doing.

This coupled with his Adebayor comments are very very worrying! I danger of casting out two of our best players.

I really wish he'd just be brave and play lloris and adebayor. They're better for us than friedel and Defoe. It's harsh on them who've been great, but for the good of the team it's best.

Dragging it out could have an affect on results and more importantly both players wanting to leave. Meaning next summer we are yet again in dire need for a keeper when friedel up is proven beyond doubt he's too old.

I'm not happy or confident with how this is playing out.

Ps and ade being injured is absolute flimflam. Though if true kind of makes me want ade to fudge off with that attitude. To contradict the above.

I don't think its stubborness, I think its a case of him not wanting to repeat his supposed mistake at Chelsea to replace the likes of Lampard. Imagine the uproar in the press if he dropped friedel Immediately. They would be on his back for dropping a "premier league great". In this situation he cannot win, all he can do is play Friedel until it becomes apparent he cannot keep up his high standards. In my opinion he wasn't even that good last season, as much experience as he has, sometimes agility and reaction time are a lot more important.

I agree with the first bit. I disagree about Freidel's form last season, I think that the team (and defence in particular) really benefited from his steadiness.

Back