• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I just hope that there comes a time in future when players won't have to leave to better their career but, is that really likely? We sign Value versions of players, wasting money on buying sub standard equivalents & wondering why we can never be successful. Must be galling, for the rare top players that we sign, players like Lloris who see us bring in the likes of Stambouli who was never good enough.

It still amazes me that we ever signed him in the first place. Must be the most high profile signing we have made in the last 25 years or so.

We'll always be a feeder club until we can compete financially with Europe's elite. I feel it may take new owners/investement to make that happen. As much as ENIC have done a good job of getting us back to where we should be relatively speaking, sadly I remain unconvinced that we will go to the next level with them in charge. It could be worse mind.

You can just see how it will play out. Levy will digs his heals in and Lloris will refuse to play/train and we'll be forced to sell him. As long as he does not behave like that then I say good luck to him. Have no problem with players leaving to better their careers.

If he wants to leave and Levy digs his heels in then what else is there that Lloris can do? He wouldn't want to be kept as a (very well paid) slave and would defiantly refuse to play or train.

If he wants to leave and Levy digs his heels in then what else is there that Lloris can do? He wouldn't want to be kept as a (very well paid) slave and would defiantly refuse to play or train.

Be professional, turn up to work like he is paid to. Carrick got his move without resorting to it, fairly sure Robbie Keane did to although I might be wrong on that one. FIFA should definitely inforce some kind of rule to stop players doing it, fining them is useless, ban them from playing for a month or two. I'm sure we have benefitted from it too with players we have signed refusing to play for their previous club, but I don't agree with it.

Be professional, turn up to work like he is paid to. Carrick got his move without resorting to it, fairly sure Robbie Keane did to although I might be wrong on that one. FIFA should definitely inforce some kind of rule to stop players doing it, fining them is useless, ban them from playing for a month or two.

In some ways I can see why a player might do it. If they say they want to leave and have about 6 weeks in which to do so only to be told 'You're staying' by the chairman they will inevitably panic and do anything they can to force their way out. If the chairman says you can leave but not unless we get x amount or not to a team in the same division then I think that's understandable.

To be honest, I would like to see Levy implement a contract clause that gives us the right to refuse to sell players to another Premier League side but I guess that could put players off from signing for us?

In some ways I can see why a player might do it. If they say they want to leave and have about 6 weeks in which to do so only to be told 'You're staying' by the chairman they will inevitably panic and do anything they can to force their way out. If the chairman says you can leave but not unless we get x amount or not to a team in the same division then I think that's understandable.

To be honest, I would like to see Levy implement a contract clause that gives us the right to refuse to sell players to another Premier League side but I guess that could put players off from signing for us?

I can see why players do it, I just don't think it's right. Maybe I'm a bit too idealistic. FIFA will never ban players for doing it, but at the very least, they should lose their wages for every day/week they refuse to play. Absolutely no reason why they should be paid.

I would like to think the days of us selling to the "big 4/5" are over whilst we are consistently finishing in the top 6. The last big name player we lost to a PL club was Berbatov, but we finished in the bottom half that season. We've improved so selling players to the likes of United not only improves them but it weakens us.

Back