• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

it's up and down though, it's not a constant, 2 seasons ago was Robben not at that level, and whilst they have been at the top for the last 5 or 6 years, before that both Rooney and Ibra for example had performed at a higher level, you can't really judge players across seasons like that as they progress and hit form at different intervals

Form is temporary, class is permanent

exactly - so a career of very good performances with one or two stand out seasons of world class form does not a world class player make...

the only players listed there to consistently perform at a WC level are Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero and probably Robben/Ribery.

The word "world class" is thrown around like confetti in todays game, it was used to describe the BEST player in the world but nowadays there is one behind every corner according to some fans.

The word "world class" is thrown around like confetti in todays game, it was used to describe the BEST player in the world but nowadays there is one behind every corner according to some fans.

Totally agree.
I think in most generations you could extend it XI players.
But as a general term, there are two world class players over the past 6-7 years, both way outperform the rest consistently

exactly - so a career of very good performances with one or two stand out seasons of world class form does not a world class player make...

the only players listed there to consistently perform at a WC level are Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero and probably Robben/Ribery.

I agree with the overall tone of what you're saying but when has Aguero performed 'consistenty at WC level?'
In my opinion, you include him that means you open the door for several others to be included as well..

I agree with the overall tone of what you're saying but when has Aguero performed 'consistenty at WC level?'
In my opinion, you include him that means you open the door for several others to be included as well..

Well he's been the best forward in the EPL every year he's been here

If we sell Hugo and do not elevate Vorm to number one , then I think we'll be needing to buy two new goalkeepers soon enough.

If we sell Hugo and do not elevate Vorm to number one , then I think we'll be needing to buy two new goalkeepers soon enough.

I agree. Vorm was mustard at Swansea. Granted it doesn't help only playing a handful of games a season, but he's not as dependable as I was hoping.

I agree. Vorm was mustard at Swansea. Granted it doesn't help only playing a handful of games a season, but he's not as dependable as I was hoping.

I think with games he'd be okay , certainly no worse than some of names being bandied about to replace Hugo . I just can't see Vorm accepting being number two to the likes of Bergovic and others mentioned and would probably ask to leave.

anyone we get an offer for which is more than they are worth, then we replace them with someone available for less than they are worth

pretty sure thats the conclusion they reached in Soccernomics

Because that has always worked out for us in the past, right?

Imagine Harry Kane had behaved like Raheem Stering, we would not be calling him one of our own, in fact we like Liverpool fans would be calling him ungrateful greedy b@stard.

So in essence on the one hand we expect our young players like Kane that our doing well to remain loyal to us but on the other hand as soon as we get a decent bid we go for the money and tell them to sling their hook. What message does that send out?

I also think it is extremely short sighted to simply flog a player because we are offered good money for them. I thought first and foremost we are suppose to be a football club not an investment company

Because that has always worked out for us in the past, right?

I don't think we've ever followed that properly, we tend to overpay as well. The case studied club was Lyon who have followed the principle religiously, consequently the provincial club with no history has won 7 titles in the last 15 years.

Imagine Harry Kane had behaved like Raheem Stering, we would not be calling him one of our own, in fact we like Liverpool fans would be calling him ungrateful greedy b@stard.

So in essence on the one hand we expect our young players like Kane that our doing well to remain loyal to us but on the other hand as soon as we get a decent bid we go for the money and tell them to sling their hook. What message does that send out?

I also think it is extremely short sighted to simply flog a player because we are offered good money for them. I thought first and foremost we are suppose to be a football club not an investment company

have you just stepped out of a time machine from the mid 80's? ;)

Interesting (and pleasing) quotes from the agent of Genoa's keeper Mattia Perin:

“I have an excellent relationship with Tottenham, in particular with [technical director] Franco Baldini,” Matteo Roggi explained, speaking to Tuttomercatoweb.
“However, I can tell you that I haven’t received an offer for Mattia.
“Tottenham are aiming for the Champions League next year, so they’ve decided not to sell the two totems of their squad for any price, that means Harry Kane or Lloris.
“Mattia is a number 1, and Tottenham are well aware of that, as are Bayern [Munich]. That’s why they won’t move for him.”

Reading the Mirror today and it says that Levy gave Lloris a verbal agreement that if a 25 mill euro bid came in from a CL club he would be allowed to leave

good luck with that Hugo ;)

Reading the Mirror today and it says that Levy gave Lloris a verbal agreement that if a 25 mill euro bid came in from a CL club he would be allowed to leave

good luck with that Hugo ;)

I can't see that Levy would have given such an assurance, especially not for a fee that is less than Hugo's true transfer value (I would've thought we'd be looking at a fee in advance of that in pounds let alone euros.

Back