• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I agree with the overall tone of what you're saying but when has Aguero performed 'consistenty at WC level?'
In my opinion, you include him that means you open the door for several others to be included as well..

28 goals in 63 matches for Argentina

78 goals in 120 league matches for Emirates Marketing Project
74 goals in 125 league matches for Athletico
24 goals in 54 league matches for Independiente
38 goals in 68 European matches

All in that seems pretty consistent to me and I would call him a world class striker

Totally agree.
I think in most generations you could extend it XI players.
But as a general term, there are two world class players over the past 6-7 years, both way outperform the rest consistently

I would suggest that those two players are playing at a level higher than world class, else it would be like saying that those 2 players are world class and players like Suarez, Iniesta, Xavi, Lahm, to name just 4 are not world class because of the gap between them and the other two.

Neymar -
54 goals in 103 league matches Santos
31 goals in 59 league matches Barca
44 goals in 65 matches for Brazil and head and shoulders their best player, would you call him world class?

Last edited:
Aguero is an outstanding player, similar to Suarez in that he can genuinely destroy a defence on his own. So much power and great acceleration, movement is ridiculous as well and a great finisher. Golden boot even though he missed a couple of months of the season. Look at how he regularly destroys us with his movement and clever running.

I know it's only the Metro and they aren't always that reliable but they claim that Lloris is free to join United and that we'll get Mandana (sp?) as a replacement.

Again might only be the Metro but when it comes to us potentially one of our best players I tend to freak out at even the slightest suggestion that might be the case.

I think he feels quite settled here and likes the direction the club is going in and will happily do another year but after that if we don't get into the CL or win a trophy then he'll likely go somewhere else where he can do those things.

There are actually newspapers out there saying Man Utd could sign him for £14m :D

Personally I do not think he will be leaving this summer, and if he was, £14m? Ha. These people have obviously never heard of Daniel Levy

There are actually newspapers out there saying Man Utd could sign him for £14m :D

Personally I do not think he will be leaving this summer, and if he was, £14m? Ha. These people have obviously never heard of Daniel Levy

So they think that we'd sell him for only £4m more than we managed to get for Paulinho? These guys even make it up badly!

I think he feels quite settled here and likes the direction the club is going in and will happily do another year but after that if we don't get into the CL or win a trophy then he'll likely go somewhere else where he can do those things.

And who out of us could blame him? We'd be disappointed but he's out there to achieve the most that he can with his career. He's not a Spurs fan and so, as long as he doesn't join a club in the PL, I'd be ok with him leaving should we fail to get top 4 etc next season...well at least, I'd understand why

And who out of us could blame him? We'd be disappointed but he's out there to achieve the most that he can with his career. He's not a Spurs fan and so, as long as he doesn't join a club in the PL, I'd be ok with him leaving should we fail to get top 4 etc next season...well at least, I'd understand why

You can just see how it will play out. Levy will digs his heals in and Lloris will refuse to play/train and we'll be forced to sell him. As long as he does not behave like that then I say good luck to him. Have no problem with players leaving to better their careers.

You can just see how it will play out. Levy will digs his heals in and Lloris will refuse to play/train and we'll be forced to sell him. As long as he does not behave like that then I say good luck to him. Have no problem with players leaving to better their careers.

I just hope that there comes a time in future when players won't have to leave to better their career but, is that really likely? We sign Value versions of players, wasting money on buying sub standard equivalents & wondering why we can never be successful. Must be galling, for the rare top players that we sign, players like Lloris who see us bring in the likes of Stambouli who was never good enough.

Back