• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

To be honest I don't really EVER want us to sell our best players. The only time I grudgingly accept it is when the player has a strop and makes it quite clear that they aren't going to play for spurs again (a la Modric, Berbatov and Bale). If Lloris were to go down that route then I would want upwards of £30 million for him. The keeper that I would go all out to replace him with would be Cech, who I think is a comparable keeper in terms of ability (although I'm sure both Chelsea selling him to us and his wages would be a problem).

I wouldn't be happy to see him sold. Full stop. There's no (realistic) figure you could name that I'd accept.

I think there's a tiny handful of genuinely world class goalkeepers in the game at any one time. And, while others are free to disagree, I think we have one of them right now. More than that; we don't have a chance in hell of signing any of the others. So losing Lloris will weaken us in a crucial position, and in a way that we're unlikely to fully compensate for any time soon. In Vorm I think we have an excellent back-up (probably the best back-up keeper in the league after Cech), but Lloris is in that elite group of goalkeepers that will put in enough game-saving performances over a season to significantly affect the team's points tally and final league position.

We'd be mad to exchange that for an extra few million to spend in midfield. We're a big enough club not to have to actively weaken a position in order to strengthen elsewhere. And no, I don't believe recent history disproves that... when a player (Bale, Modric, Berbatov) pushes for the exit these days, there's really not much clubs can do to hold onto them. And the same will be true if Lloris decides he wants out. But if he's happy to stay then I wouldn't be tempted by any realistic offer, because in the end it will weaken us (even if it allows us to upgrade another position).

I don't have a problem with this opinion at all.

I think there's a number a club like PSG could potentially offer that could see us stronger overall. But it's definitely a bit of a gamble given our transfer record, and the transfer records of teams we like to compare ourselves to.

Adrian 2nd, ha ha

someone was digging out Gomes in another thread, I'd still take him over half of those, I'd take Lloris over all of them though*

*De Gea I'd think about mind

I think Adrian is an outstanding keeper... just because he plays for scum does not mean his qualities should not be acknowledged.

I think Adrian is an outstanding keeper... just because he plays for scum does not mean his qualities should not be acknowledged.

really, I think he looks dodgy from crosses, fails to control his defence and is never really stood in the right place, a lot of the saves he makes look good because he's reaching to be where he should have already been

also, I don't like his hair

IIRC, there was a 20% sell-on clause as part of the transfer from Lyon - pretty sure that was itemised when Lyon announced the deal.
Which would only strengthen the determination to demand a high price if he ever is sold.

really, I think he looks dodgy from crosses, fails to control his defence and is never really stood in the right place, a lot of the saves he makes look good because he's reaching to be where he should have already been

also, I don't like his hair

Different opinions I guess...

Whenever I see Spammer games he always seems to be their best player

can't sell Hugo no matter what. Will be a huge step back for us. Especially if sold to a premiership club. Players are always are at their unhappiness during the summer. Once the window shuts and (hopefully) bring in a couple big names he will be happy to play for us. time for Tottenham Hotspurs to show some balls for once

We should not sell, Hugo is young enough as a keeper to give us more time, and he likes it in London.

If he does go, it should be like Modric/Bale, only for stupid money and only for a club outside PL.

BTW, wtf is with the media making brick up about Hugo every day to Manure, but not riding Manure the same way about De Gea leaving?

Again, if he really wants to leave, I don't think Levy should really hold on to him: he's given us three years, and we've failed to live up to his expectations. He's a player from a level above us that descended to our level in a gamble that now looks like it hasn't worked out.

In Modric's case, we were justified in holding on to him as it was clear that a) we were trying our hardest to get back into the CL, and b) he wanted to move to one of our London rivals. In this case, we've evidently given up on anything beyond generating enormous profits and throwing youth-teamers at the manager in lieu of established players that cost real money to acquire, and (if the rumors are true) Lloris is wanted by a team that isn't really our rival or in our league, even if they are in the PL.

It wouldn't be right to really strain to hold on to him if an offer came in from United (if true) that suits all parties. And besides, if they're open to giving us Valdes (and if, even more unbelievably, Valdes is open to coming here), then it doesn't seem that bad a deal - certainly Valdes is a good enough keeper to take over as #1, and his experience may even help all the kids we probably plan on introducing into the team next season settle in. While the 25 million quid will satiate Aulas over at Lyon (what with him presumably getting a cut due to the sell-on fee), what's left will be happily snatched away from Poch and put into the stadium by Levy, and Lloris will get to play with players of his calibre and at a club that will probably return to challenging for titles and trying to be the best sooner rather than later. The French press will be happy that their national team captain is at a prestigious club, and maybe Poch will be happy at being able to speak Spanish to Valdes or something. So there, everyone's happy. :p

If, I mean a big if, we sell Lloris then the only keeper get table who is good enough to almost plug the gap is begovic. I'm still amazed that arsenal havent signed him as he is perfect for their side.

The only way we would sell him IMO is for balesque in relation to his position so at least a world record and probably double

I actually think he is about our level. He is a 4-7th PL keeper as his appalling kicking and tendency to get himself in awkward situations with his sweeper keeping cause issues for his team. These issues are OK at this level, but not once you go up a level.

Back