• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

HRH Queenie

No it's the part where it alluded to the point he felt eating was inappropriate, regardless of the cuisine.

Why would it not be right to sit down and eat? If it's through sadness like I said then it's an understandable reaction, same if it was a statement he lost his appetite? this isn't what is painted here. Also is purposely painted that way for people to think its a ridiculous idea because as I say, it's fake and made up

Its also nothing to do with empathy because which sane person would ever think or say "you had a take away, the night the queen died, do you have no feelings man"

In short the idea that is inappropriate to enjoy a take away because someone died is ridiculous and thats where the joke here is heading with it

It's fake. He never said it. Just a twitter troll making up nonsense.

Can i ask you why you think that steff?
You come across as very sympathetic and empathetic person.
If this story is true i find it very sad, but not at all surprising.
Over the last two years many people have lost loved ones and not had a proper chance to grieve. that is on top of the toll on their mental health that we have all endured from these years of abnormality.
I'm not having a dig, not in anyway, but I'm genuinely interested in why you specifically think that.

Because they blew a chance to allow people to grieve collectively. Next weekend would've been my 'no game' scenario.

p.s. just to clarify, my initial post was solely directed towards the Premier League decision and specifically their arrival at it. I actually did not consider Cascarino at all.

I had initially sent this as a private message/via my own social media to some, but it is an opinion I am comfortable sharing thus here is something I wrote...FWIW, 'Bubbsy' was my cat, and boy, he was a lot fudging more than that. I am heartbroken...

I will tread carefully.
The disgrace and disgust of our imperialist past is not only undeniable but must be acknowledged, taught and used as a catalyst for action. Ditto those of Belgium, Holland, Italy, Spain, etc...my mother was Irish. 100%, none of this 'twice removed' stuff, she was from Dublin. My father was Iranian, none of this 'twice removed' stuff, he was from Tehran. I was born and raised in London. We were a household which actively discussed politics and history. We stood for what we believed. We went on marches and did our best not to just be 'armchair liberals'. Ignorance of bloody pasts was not an option in our family...
...but the only way anyone can process or start to understand what the Queen's death means to many people, is to understand the importance of symbolism and ritual. You're welcome to look underneath that carpet and see the death, the suffering, the dirt and rotting food, but it might make a lot more sense right now to also see what millions of other people see, if only to understand why they simply won't either hear you or process what you're saying for approximately the next 10-12 days. That's important to remember; they can't hear you....
...I think the death of the Queen is actually somewhat of a funeral for any notion (however weak, however false) of what Britain was. The imperfections are quite obviously numerous, and the whole notion of a Royal Family is certainly now simply one of 'business' and 'commerce'. Yet it is undeniable that the Queen, 70 years serving, was a figurehead, a consistent and metronomic presence whose presence embraced all that Britain presented itself to be. Let's face it, the Queen, afternoon tea, scones, clotted cream & jam, crustless cucumber sandwiches, TEA, laugh as you fudging wish, those are cornerstones of the packaged and sold 'Britishness', and it is important to view these tourist cliches outside the bloody history of colonialism if you want to even stand a chance of understanding what this death actually symbolizes (accurately or not), and to maybe one day being able to convince people there's another potential path...
...I believe the British people are already in a depressive fog from all which the covid19 situation brought, from all that Brexit has brought, from the woeful poverty millions are in and millions more are on the precipice of, from the proliferation of multi-millionaires and corporations who do not give a brick about the continuing divides. These are ugly days, overseen by populists or outright macarons unqualified to lead a queue at your local Sainsburys, let alone a country in need of universally compassionate and effective leadership more than ever...
...like it or not -and as is the way with the foghorn of the internet, many have 'proudly' stated they don't- the Queen was a comfort to many millions of people. Now, you can start screaming from your keyboard at Alice from Chichester or Dave from Dartford about Britain's disgraceful colonial past (again, nobody should remain ignorant of that), however it might be worth considering that Alice and Dave will likely look back blankly, say they don't hate anyone, and tell you they're just sad that the Queen (you know, the monarch who hung out with Paddington Bear and delivered a speech every Christmas which basically told the nation she admired them, to be strong and be compassionate) is dead...
...personally? I think the level of mourning is bizarre. I admired her as a woman born into a position she didn't request, who did her duty for 70 years, and who stood up to Thatcher. Besides, on the day she passed, I lost my King (Bubbsy) and that has both broken MY heart and taken MY attentions and emotions...
...I will say I just didn't understand the level of mourning (no football? WHY?!!!), until I realized (just an hour ago) that perhaps the Queens' death represents the official 'end' of a 'safer' Britain for many millions. Regardless of your opinions and whether you agree with monarchies or not, this is (I believe) a salient fact. Look, and sorry to hammer home the horror, but Liz Truss is Prime Minister, Charles is about to be King, the economy is stuck in a brick-filled u-bend, poverty is climbing rapidly for many as wealth explodes for a privileged few, and divide and conquerism is rife as prejudices 'enjoy' a revival in public expression. Not a good prognosis is it?...
...I think millions are scared, and their fears are justified.
The coming week+ will see a lot of overwrought emotions expressed from all via 'the information highway' and the tangible tarmac of British streets. Royalists and anti-Royalists, grief-jackers and the genuinely scared, decent human beings and bona-fide tossers.
There are important discussions to be had about several institutions, how they currently or why they even exist. No-one should avoid those in even the medium-term. We should not duck them, and if ever there was a moment to engage in difficult discussions about horrendous, filthy pasts and the deep roots which enable them to exist in relative silence, then the coming months will surely be the right time...
...but perhaps, just perhaps, everyone can agree to take an amnesty for a week or so. Personally? I won't be engaging in round-the-clock observation. However maybe, just maybe, it would be the DECENT thing to let this process, whether grieving for the death of the Queen or fearing what happens next, play itself out until after the funeral.
Believe me, the discussions will be had, and perhaps with an observed 'truce-breathing space' everyone's hearing and comprehension will be better when it comes to creating the effective changes which are necessary...

I had initially sent this as a private message/via my own social media to some, but it is an opinion I am comfortable sharing thus here is something I wrote...FWIW, 'Bubbsy' was my cat, and boy, he was a lot fudging more than that. I am heartbroken...

I will tread carefully.
The disgrace and disgust of our imperialist past is not only undeniable but must be acknowledged, taught and used as a catalyst for action. Ditto those of Belgium, Holland, Italy, Spain, etc...my mother was Irish. 100%, none of this 'twice removed' stuff, she was from Dublin. My father was Iranian, none of this 'twice removed' stuff, he was from Tehran. I was born and raised in London. We were a household which actively discussed politics and history. We stood for what we believed. We went on marches and did our best not to just be 'armchair liberals'. Ignorance of bloody pasts was not an option in our family...
...but the only way anyone can process or start to understand what the Queen's death means to many people, is to understand the importance of symbolism and ritual. You're welcome to look underneath that carpet and see the death, the suffering, the dirt and rotting food, but it might make a lot more sense right now to also see what millions of other people see, if only to understand why they simply won't either hear you or process what you're saying for approximately the next 10-12 days. That's important to remember; they can't hear you....
...I think the death of the Queen is actually somewhat of a funeral for any notion (however weak, however false) of what Britain was. The imperfections are quite obviously numerous, and the whole notion of a Royal Family is certainly now simply one of 'business' and 'commerce'. Yet it is undeniable that the Queen, 70 years serving, was a figurehead, a consistent and metronomic presence whose presence embraced all that Britain presented itself to be. Let's face it, the Queen, afternoon tea, scones, clotted cream & jam, crustless cucumber sandwiches, TEA, laugh as you fudging wish, those are cornerstones of the packaged and sold 'Britishness', and it is important to view these tourist cliches outside the bloody history of colonialism if you want to even stand a chance of understanding what this death actually symbolizes (accurately or not), and to maybe one day being able to convince people there's another potential path...
...I believe the British people are already in a depressive fog from all which the covid19 situation brought, from all that Brexit has brought, from the woeful poverty millions are in and millions more are on the precipice of, from the proliferation of multi-millionaires and corporations who do not give a brick about the continuing divides. These are ugly days, overseen by populists or outright my tits unqualified to lead a queue at your local Sainsburys, let alone a country in need of universally compassionate and effective leadership more than ever...
...like it or not -and as is the way with the foghorn of the internet, many have 'proudly' stated they don't- the Queen was a comfort to many millions of people. Now, you can start screaming from your keyboard at Alice from Chichester or Dave from Dartford about Britain's disgraceful colonial past (again, nobody should remain ignorant of that), however it might be worth considering that Alice and Dave will likely look back blankly, say they don't hate anyone, and tell you they're just sad that the Queen (you know, the monarch who hung out with Paddington Bear and delivered a speech every Christmas which basically told the nation she admired them, to be strong and be compassionate) is dead...
...personally? I think the level of mourning is bizarre. I admired her as a woman born into a position she didn't request, who did her duty for 70 years, and who stood up to Thatcher. Besides, on the day she passed, I lost my King (Bubbsy) and that has both broken MY heart and taken MY attentions and emotions...
...I will say I just didn't understand the level of mourning (no football? WHY?!!!), until I realized (just an hour ago) that perhaps the Queens' death represents the official 'end' of a 'safer' Britain for many millions. Regardless of your opinions and whether you agree with monarchies or not, this is (I believe) a salient fact. Look, and sorry to hammer home the horror, but Liz Truss is Prime Minister, Charles is about to be King, the economy is stuck in a brick-filled u-bend, poverty is climbing rapidly for many as wealth explodes for a privileged few, and divide and conquerism is rife as prejudices 'enjoy' a revival in public expression. Not a good prognosis is it?...
...I think millions are scared, and their fears are justified.
The coming week+ will see a lot of overwrought emotions expressed from all via 'the information highway' and the tangible tarmac of British streets. Royalists and anti-Royalists, grief-jackers and the genuinely scared, decent human beings and bona-fide tossers.
There are important discussions to be had about several institutions, how they currently or why they even exist. No-one should avoid those in even the medium-term. We should not duck them, and if ever there was a moment to engage in difficult discussions about horrendous, filthy pasts and the deep roots which enable them to exist in relative silence, then the coming months will surely be the right time...
...but perhaps, just perhaps, everyone can agree to take an amnesty for a week or so. Personally? I won't be engaging in round-the-clock observation. However maybe, just maybe, it would be the DECENT thing to let this process, whether grieving for the death of the Queen or fearing what happens next, play itself out until after the funeral.
Believe me, the discussions will be had, and perhaps with an observed 'truce-breathing space' everyone's hearing and comprehension will be better when it comes to creating the effective changes which are necessary...

Wise words steff.

Grassroots sport everywhere this weekend:

Non league club issues hilarious Twitter thread ‘trying to play match only to be busted’
Non league club Sheffield International issues what has ended up being a hilarious Twitter thread ‘trying to play a match only to be busted’.

With the country in mourning at the Queen’s death, and Charles taking over as King, football has been cancelled with the FA saying those who try to go against their ruling could be punished.

This club however, who play in Division 3 of the Sheffield & District Fair Play League, have tried to find a way to do just that if you like, to really show how sad the situation has become.

Sheffield International FC wrote: “Because the queen died, we will not be playing our league game against Byron House tomorrow morning at 10.30am.

“We will instead be aiming to play a friendly tomorrow morning, against Byron House, kick-off 10.30am.

“Update, someone’s snitched on us so now even the friendly is off.

“So instead we’re having a training session tomorrow morning, at 10.30am.

“If that gets cancelled we’ll have a game of rugby seeing as that’s deemed respectful enough

“Byron House more than welcome to come along, just remember to maintain social distancing at all times to ensure… wait a minute we’re not in a pandemic any more are we?

“Silly billies. Everyone’s turned up in their match kit

“Oh wow! Byron House have arrived! Fancy seeing them here!

“Think we’re the only club in the world that have two lads scrapping halfway through a ‘training session’ and trial a keeper who ends up as our main striker.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/non-league-...thread-trying-to-play-match-only-to-be-busted

Back